Kaanere

Discussion: LEGO Architecture 2018

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, 22kane said:

I was recently informed that Las Vegas 21038 has been cancelled due to the mass shooting that occurred in October of 2017. Hopefully my source isn't correct but I can totally see Lego pulling this set now for PR concerns.

I keep seeing different things as well, even here on this board it said LV for September and now we see June.  I wish they would give an official announcement and if they aren't going to do LV, I wonder if there is one they could replace it with for the year.  Be nice to have official information about more than just Shanghai.  TLG is frustrating in that respect.

6 hours ago, Herky said:

I am confused, it shows all the products out right now, only one for 2018 is Shanghai.  Can you explain what you were trying to say?

It looks like its fixed now but before, when Brick Lover posted that, the second image was displayed with the 'lego confidential do not distribute' watermark over the center of the image which is odd because thats the official Lego site and the official images were already released. 

Edited by koalayummies

Does anybody know why the Shanghai skyline is 54.99, whereas the Berlin, Venice and other skyline are more around the £25 mark? 

3 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Does anybody know why the Shanghai skyline is 54.99, whereas the Berlin, Venice and other skyline are more around the £25 mark? 

The number of pieces 

Berlin:289 

Venice:212

Shanghai: 597

About twice the pieces

About twice the price  

1 hour ago, Steve309 said:

The number of pieces 

Berlin:289 

Venice:212

Shanghai: 597

About twice the pieces

About twice the price  

Thanks. Also New York has 598 and is 44.99?

15 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Las Vegas is now again January release.

What do you mean by January ? 

Because were half way through 

or January 2019? 

3 hours ago, Steve309 said:

What do you mean by January ? 

Because were half way through 

or January 2019? 

This January, no specific date. Or maybe Fabruary, but winter for sure.

12 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

This January, no specific date. Or maybe Fabruary, but winter for sure.

Or March... maybe. Not sure. Possibly April.. then again could be May. Wait.. Hold it.. Could be June or July... eeeeehhhh, August? No, September or could it be October? We'll see around November unless it turns out to be December. 

Sorry, Couldn't help myself. 

Yeah it is frustrating, we know it contains Mandalay Bay so that is the hold up.  However, last year, 3 skyline sets released on January 1, Guggenheim released April 1, Arc was released August 1 and finally the Lego House exclusive was in September...frustrating that we have 1 set only for 2018 so far.  Jamie is too busy I guess on other stuff.

4 hours ago, Herky said:

Yeah it is frustrating, we know it contains Mandalay Bay so that is the hold up.  However, last year, 3 skyline sets released on January 1, Guggenheim released April 1, Arc was released August 1 and finally the Lego House exclusive was in September...frustrating that we have 1 set only for 2018 so far.  Jamie is too busy I guess on other stuff.

More information is coming out. Apparently it is coming out end of January. And the official image has come out. 

A4F6967F-2BB1-4822-8FE7-7BB42B28E871.jpeg

Do we know anything about any classic Architecture sets (a single building, not a skyline) that will be coming later in the year? Normally we should get 2 "normal" sets around the beggining of summer.

And I read rumours that there will be a 10th anniversary set of the Architecture line. I just hope it won't be 1) something like a mix of the Architecture studio and the celebratory "Think different" sets 2) It won't take the place of one or both sets, that we would normally get.

Edited by ddavid

More curious about the Great Wall. I don't think they can replicate the entire length, but how will they do a section? Can't be too small, but Architecture isn't really that big to start with.

Great news to have two sets announced.  With the large scale Statue of Liberty, not sure we need a mini version.  I don't really consider it architecture, it's more of a sculptured monument and while yes, it needed architecture to create and all, I get that, but I wanted other buildings.  There are so many that could have been and can be done.  We have thrown about lists on this forum for many a year.  I agree I hope this is just two regular sets and we still get a 10th anniversary set.  TLG has to be the slowest press release folks around, I get the knock off concern, but seriously, the wheel turns very slowly.  

Edited by Herky

1 hour ago, XAxles said:

More curious about the Great Wall. I don't think they can replicate the entire length, but how will they do a section? Can't be too small, but Architecture isn't really that big to start with.

I imagine it will be a section, so quite a bit of greys with some foliage around.

I’m really excited about the Great Wall of China- it will be a must-buy for me, but I don’t know what to think about the Statue of Liberty -It is certainly a well known monument, but it doesn’t really fit into the Architecture line. Idk. I will judge when I see the model. 

The Great Wall of China is really nice. Two towers, one on a mountain, the other on the slope, the tan wall curving down. I guess 32 studs long and the hill is a substantial build. But I really love the Statue of Liberty. Great detail on the pedestal.

Edited by Sinthoras

That Statue of Liberty might be the first Architecture set I buy. Looking at it, it feels like it's around 35 cm tall. It's a perfect step between Architecture and Landmarks themes.

Price will decide. Architecture sets are always too expensive for the finished model.

10 hours ago, Steve309 said:

Going by the numbers provided 21040 is still unaccounted for. 

Although so is 21025

Good catch, maybe 21040 is the 10th anniversary set?  Also I guess if they will do Great Wall that leads to other possibilities such as Macchu Picchu (not sure I spelled that correctly) and the Great Pyramids of Giza, Golden Gate Bridge and some other sets that have been on Ideas.  I am still hoping for Taipei 101 myself at some point.  The Petronas Towers would be nice, still hoping for the Marina Towers in Chicago, would be interesting to see if they could do a Grand Canyon or a Victoria Falls type of set.  St Basil's Cathedral would be great as would Notre Dame if they ever do want to get into the great architecture of churches.