Kaanere

Discussion: LEGO Architecture 2018

I find it interesting that the opposite page had sets listed for Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, which is apparently the next movie and while I don't collect the JW sets, I was excited to know another movie was coming.   I just wish the picture showed 3 skyline sets instead of 2.

And what was that all about? Are the buildings about the same level as HP Monroth's builds, or close to?

A member on Reddit has found the box art for the 20139 Shanghai Skyline set. Seems quite official since it's not blurred or watermarked. The pale blue looks really beautiful and I am curious to see the spiralling black tower in more detail! 

Here's the link - https://i.redd.it/hm3hqrhrb9zz.jpg

anyone knows if during black friday the following architeture sets are being discont? (Europe region) : Eifel Tower  , sydney  , london  , berlin

Don't forgot, there will be at least one new Architecture set in 2018 - the celebrater set for the line's 10th anniversary. Lars said it in a dialogue between the Brickset team and him a few months ago.

When can we except the new skyline sets? It's time for it - last year we had them on the 17th of November. Yes, I know that Shanghai official box art is leaked.

If you are looking for some (unfortunately prelimimary) box arts, familienshopping24.de posted some such pictures for Las Vegas and Shanghai.

8 hours ago, Lego_Talk said:

A member on Reddit has found the box art for the 20139 Shanghai Skyline set. Seems quite official since it's not blurred or watermarked. The pale blue looks really beautiful and I am curious to see the spiralling black tower in more detail! 

Here's the link - https://i.redd.it/hm3hqrhrb9zz.jpg

Nice. :wub: Will definitely buy Shanghai.

Is the twisting tower possibly as simple as 2x2 jumpers stacked and rotated slightly each time? It looks like about the right scale for that.

3 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Is the twisting tower possibly as simple as 2x2 jumpers stacked and rotated slightly each time? It looks like about the right scale for that.

No, it's way too large to be 2x2 jumpers. I agree with higgins91 - it's got to be that or some other technic piece.

Got to say - Shanghai is the first skyline set that made me say "wow!" I doubt I'll get the set for myself, but I have a friend in mind whom I think would love to have it.

I absolutely love Shanghai - maybe the best skyline ever! But I hate Las Vegas but not because of its design - it is perfect, as usual - but because of the baddy of the city.

2 hours ago, Brick Lover said:

I absolutely love Shanghai - maybe the best skyline ever! But I hate Las Vegas but not because of its design - it is perfect, as usual - but because of the baddy of the city.

As in Las Vegas is bad? It ain't all a bad rodeo (I had a need to say that) it has Penn and Teller

1 hour ago, Lego-fire said:

As in Las Vegas is bad? It ain't all a bad rodeo (I had a need to say that) it has Penn and Teller

Exactly. Las Vegas is bad because it's boring and ugly.

But I'm open for all skylines - so I want to see official images of 21038 Las Vegas and more official images of 21039 Shanghai. More to come!

Edited by Brick Lover
Grammar

LEGO® 21038 Las Vegas. Grab the magnificence of Las Vegas architecture with this gorgeous set, where you will find a spectacular Mandalay Bay Hotel, Luxor Hotel, Encore Hotel, Stratosphere Tower and Freemont Street Experience, an inspirational city silhouette! Each LEGO® construction is designed to provide a unique and exciting construction experience with real-world color and scale. You will find a celebrity greetings on the Las Vegas Plate, the desert and the road being drawn on the motherboard, adding a warm welcome to this world of one of the most famous models of this model.

LEGO® 21039 Shanghai. Grab the essence of Shanghai's architecture with this gorgeous set, where you can find the typical Chenghuang Miao Temple, Longhua Temple and Pagoda, Radisson Blu Hotel, Bund, Oriental Pearl, World Financial Center and Shanghai Tower , an inspirational city in the form of a silhouette! Each LEGO® construction is designed to give you a special and exciting construction experience with realistic color and scale representation. On the floorboard covered with floor tiles we also depict the Huangpu River, extending the reality of this wonderful model, which presents the amazing architectural versatility of one of the most dynamic cities in the world.

17 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

^^ motherboard? Where does that come from? Funny they picked the radisson blu hotel of all places :pir_laugh2:

Oh, I translated it from Hungarian with Google Translator and then I didn't edit the text. Anyway, the 'motherboard' is the skyline's 36x6 plate.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, Brick Lover said:

Don't forgot, there will be at least one new Architecture set in 2018 - the celebrater set for the line's 10th anniversary. Lars said it in a dialogue between the Brickset team and him a few months ago.

Any idea on what that 10th anniversary set might be?  I hope it is a decent size set and a brand new set vs a bigger one of a previous set. 

That's why I don't predict a third skyline for 2018:

2016: 212 + 289 + 598 = 1099
2017: 361 + 444 + 468 = 1273
2018: 487 + 597 = 1084

The piece counts are equals, at least roughly speaking.