Sign in to follow this  
Scrubs

Mecabricks to Sketchfab

Hello,

After chatting with the guys at Sketchfab I finally decided to make a mecabricks exporter. Feel free to try it. I will try later to improve the default materials at least to get the bump maps and metal maps automatically assigned properly. Here is the first model ever exported with this new module: https://sketchfab.com/models/a9cac66c6a214fcf9f5aede1c1930d5a

Export function is available in the workshop: File > Export > Sketchfab (.dae)

fSaLIdR.png

PHlteLJ.png

Nice! Epic now we have both MECA bricks and LDD to Sketchfab digitising programs. I think these sort of things will eventually open up the way to high quality 3D fan LEGO animations and obviously easier/higher quality LEGO Ideas submissions. Are you also planning to add smudge/fingerprint or sun marks as either free/pro though I guess it could be a bit tricky to assign it correctly without overdoing it since I'm guessing the materials are shared between same colour bricks. Any way nice work! Interested to see what people make with it.

49 minutes ago, LegoAcklay said:

Are you also planning to add smudge/fingerprint or sun marks as either free/pro though I guess it could be a bit tricky to assign it correctly without overdoing it since I'm guessing the materials are shared between same colour bricks. Any way nice work! Interested to see what people make with it.

It is already implemented and ready to go in the Advanced version of the Mecabricks add-on :wink:

Yo can see it in action on this render I made while developing it:

34195842541_bb9bcdeaee_b.jpg

Faraday Future FF91 by Nicolas Jarraud, on Flickr