Boba1980

[MOC] Jedha - Ambush On Tythoni Square

Here I want to present you my newest MOC. It shows the Tythoni Square, Jedha City. 

35409826030_aa16882a1e_c.jpgJedha - Ambush On Tythoni Square by Boba-1980, auf Flickr

I build this MOC for the German ComicCon 2017 in Stuttgart, Germany. As I saw the first trailer or even the teaser trailer of Rogue One the decision was made and I definitely had to build the scene on the Tythoni Square. As you can see it is not the exact scene because when the AT-ST arrives, the tank and the building with the white balconies were alway destroyed. So in this MOC I mixed some scenes and because of the younger visitors of the ComicCon I did not show dead troopers. 

Last but not least, the tank is the slightly modified LEGO set. The AT-ST comes from Josh Fowler, here the Lego version would have been much too large. Thank you for the many inspirations: Staudi, Ryan McBrydeGraeme.StraughnDunedain98Graham Gidman

As always, I hope you like the MOC. 
Boba1980

p.s. more pictures coming soon

35843416615_c2a8c092eb_n.jpgJedha - Ambush On Tythoni Square-3 by Boba-1980, auf Flickr

35033602183_7fb22c772b_n.jpgJedha - Ambush On Tythoni Square-2 by Boba-1980, auf Flickr

35455343610_695e1185ed_n.jpgJedha - Ambush On Tythoni Square-7 by Boba-1980, auf Flickr

35674276512_495e682f5f_n.jpgJedha - Ambush On Tythoni Square-6 by Boba-1980, auf Flickr

35674272202_d3c7baa652_n.jpgJedha - Ambush On Tythoni Square-4 by Boba-1980, auf Flickr

35033580023_e1eb3f7d46_n.jpgJedha - Ambush On Tythoni Square-5 by Boba-1980, auf Flickr

Edited by Boba1980

This is beautiful. 

Everything is so wonderfully represented, the detail is superb. 

Amazing work. 

That looks fantastic especially the white curve on the corner building, its so iconic in the scene it ties your whole diorama together.

Very nice and clean too. It's not overly detailed so it allows your build quality to shine. Nice Job!

This is an outstanding MOC. The scale-to-minifig and details of the buildings are awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing your technique up close around the bend of the building in the middle - the weathering effect of white bricks looks very well executed. 
EDIT: Just noticed the Flicker albums! Bravo on using the 1x1 cylinders/2x2 bricks for the curved railing. That's a really unique approach. 

Always a great thing to see new planet scenes, too. Could we ever get something like this as a UCS? One can dream. :classic: Save the Rebellion, Save the Dream.

There is a diorma that I would love to build, but I'm not good enough to build something like this.
You captured every detail of the square, everything is truly amazing !
Now you just have to make yourself some custom Saw Gerrera's rebels ;)

Ramses25

Just caught this.  A fantastic representation of what I thought was an iconic R1 scene.  Very well done.

I have seen the build on Facebook, which was shared by someone from a post of Brothers-Brick. :thumbup:

Beautiful creation and nice detailing. :wub: 

Thanks @Leonardo da Bricki that you take a second look :wink:

Today I want to share this very nice article about my moc with you. You get some more background information and some WIP pictures. Special thanks to Jose Kasijo for the great support.

http://thebrickbendu.com/2017/08/14/jedha-ambush-tythoni-square-moc/

Thanks also for featuring the MOC at the eurobricks starwarsforum blog :thumbup:

https://eurobricksstarwarsforum.com/2017/07/25/next-stop-ambush-avenue/

best regards
Boba 

Edited by Boba1980

Well the attention you got is certainly well deserved. This is fantastic!

I love everything, the buildings, all the nice details, the use of minifigs, and especially what you did with the terrain "spilling" out of the frame.

On 16.12.2017 at 6:53 PM, Moff Muffins said:

Well the attention you got is certainly well deserved. This is fantastic!

I love everything, the buildings, all the nice details, the use of minifigs, and especially what you did with the terrain "spilling" out of the frame.

Thank you @Moff Muffins for your comment, happy that you like it. The "broken frame" was nothing special for me, but a lot of people told me how much they like it.