Murdoch17

Gothic train station "Ironwood" - 10199 / 10249 style modular passenger depot

This model was inspired by set 10199 / 10249, Winter Village toy Shop. I  originally built this as an open-back building in 2013, and scrapped it in 2015 for a larger, full-bodied station.  I never did forget about this model, and rediscovered it while looking for my Hogsmeade station to go with my Hogwarts Express model I had designed.

36623461561_667c194082_z.jpg

The model will be finished in real bricks very soon, and as such I have tweaked it again by adding stairs to the top floor where the station master's office is. The track side also features a space for eight printed 1 x 1 letter tiles to be placed to designate the station name along with plenty of passenger seating along the five-track-long platform. That's three tracks longer than the new Winter Village train station, and mine also features a rear wall and second story!

35953711553_0589dd089c_z.jpg

Here is the street side of the station. This side includes an overhang that protects passengers entering the structure from the rain along with a wheelchair / luggage ramp access to the platform.

35953712613_06a1408771_z.jpg

The model features two modular lift-off levels and two split-away platform sections, along with some inside details.

36623462261_d6bd360d3a_z.jpg

The lower floor features a fireplace, four chairs, and a desk for workers to hand out tickets.

35953711883_d2116552a4_z.jpg

The top level features the station master's office, which is accessible via the staircase from the lower level. 

Here is the complete LDD file. I already have 95% of this model collected IRL, and I just need to order the last 500 parts early next month.

Comments, Questions, and Complaints are always welcome!

UPDATED 8/23/17: added new pictures and staircase to the model. LDD file also updated!

Edited by Murdoch17

Main post UPDATED 8/23/17: added new pictures to the post and staircase to the model. LDD file also updated.

Just have to say, I really like this station. Simple, yet elegant. Really eye catching.  I might choose a lighter or brighter color scheme, but that's irrelevant. Great work.