Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR] En Route to Argentia

The WTC Beacon Rocked Heavily as it sailed towards Argentia. Heavily laden with goods taken from Nova Malto, the ship was low in the water.

35659202471_ed45de58b9_z.jpgEn route by North White, on Flickr

"Ship Ahoy!" Yelled a WTC Marine

35659202231_e711615d8e_z.jpgEn route by North White, on Flickr

"Oy! Man the guns! I don't care what flag she's flying, we'll blow them to the bottom if they get to close!" Yelled Captain Mesabi from his cabin

"You sure sir? She's flying our colours! It's the WTC Icarus Returning!"" The Marine hollared back

"Oh."

The two ships pulled along side each other

35659202561_146f431427_z.jpgEn route by North White, on Flickr

Captain Mesabi got over to the other ship, so he could talk to the crew personally

34980900713_8b185f8b4d_z.jpgEn route by North White, on Flickr

"Agnes?" Captain Mesabi asked

"Well if it isn't my befated husband, Captain Mesabi, out on another one of his follies." Lady Mesabi said Shrilly. 

"Daddy!" the Mesabi children exclaimed.

"Hello children. How are you?" Captain Mesabi asked

"Did you bring us something?" They exclaimed

35750271756_4f66b3019f_z.jpgEn route by North White, on Flickr

"What? No, your mother didn't tell me me you were coming!" Captain Mesabi said earnestly

"Aw, you're a terrible daddy." Said Their Daughter

"Yeah! I'm going to break something!" Said their Son

"No, don't, uh, you can each have something we stole from Nova Malto." Captain Mesabi said

"Yay!" They Exclaimed

"Nova Malto was it? Do you know how I heard that you were on some Eslandolan Isle, doing gods know what? A royal messenger came to our house in Belson, and told us you were being made a Count for your actions there. Was Arlinsport not good enough for you? Just like Belson was?" Lady Mesabi asked angrily

"Um..."

"And do you know what it's like being the newest countess in Belson? It's awful, all the other nobility treat you like your a mega blok. So I said enough! I'm tired of raising these kids with tons of servants in Belson, and I'm coming out here to make you deal with it." Continued Lady Mesabi,

"Uh, wait, I'm a count?" Asked Count Mesabi, confused

"And it's the first half decent thing you've done for this family. Quitting your job as a queen's guard just to flee to Arlinsport wasn't great for our finances! Just because I have family money doesn't mean you can leave this family to the wolves."

"Can we at least acknowledge We're now royalty?" Asked Count Mesabi

"Once you understand just how mad I am at you." Said Lady Mesabi.

Their was a certain fire in her eyes that led Count Mesabi to believe that this lecture would last a while

And as the ships continued their voyage to Argentia, he found he was right.

FIN

Thanks for reading my story build for Captain Mesabi becoming a Count. I thought I'd introduce the Mesabi family while I'm at it. Everything is reused, and I really need to work on getting a bigger background, so I can fit more stuff in.

Oh! and here's a video summing up my situation :pir_laugh2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czqhyVGdYiE

Excellent story. I'm cracking up at the Mesabi family. I'm beginning to understand why the captain is always searching for a farther-away island. :pir-grin:

Fun way to introduce more about your character and being made a count! :thumbup:

Will you still use Captain Mesabi, after getting... counted?

I dig(ress) your humor. Captain Mesabis straightforwardness, or should I say complete lack of impulse control? :pir-laugh: You sure livened up the the Nova Malto affair (when he ate the horse still cracks me up whenever I think about it). I have noticed that I start to laugh even before I open your new posts. :laugh: Nice family. Reminds me of home. :wink:

Edited by Sir Stig

Perhaps Lady Mesabi can keep her husband under control... Although I feel she'll probably encourage him to further excess!

A very humorous story, keep it up!

Fun to read as usual, great family, and I like your style, Count Mesabi, shoot first and then ask for names.:rofl:

You better had the Icarus fired and sunk... whatever the flag, whatever the name !

What a family !! you have my deepest sympathie, for I have the same (IRL)

Funny story

On 08/07/2017 at 9:44 AM, Mesabi said:

Their was a certain fire in her eyes that led Count Mesabi to believe that this lecture would last a while

And as the ships continued their voyage to Argentia, he found he was right.

That's exactly what happen to me yesterday when I comeback... I brought my son for a 35 km moutain-bike trip leaving my daughter with my wife... If I'd had guns on my bike it wold have been useful :wacko:

On 7/8/2017 at 0:03 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Excellent story. I'm cracking up at the Mesabi family. I'm beginning to understand why the captain is always searching for a farther-away island. :pir-grin:

Fun way to introduce more about your character and being made a count! :thumbup:

Thank You!

On 7/9/2017 at 8:52 AM, Sir Stig said:

Will you still use Captain Mesabi, after getting... counted?

I dig(ress) your humor. Captain Mesabis straightforwardness, or should I say complete lack of impulse control? :pir-laugh: You sure livened up the the Nova Malto affair (when he ate the horse still cracks me up whenever I think about it). I have noticed that I start to laugh even before I open your new posts. :laugh: Nice family. Reminds me of home. :wink:

I'll probably use Count Mesabi as long as Corrington doesn't hang him for treason :pir_laugh2:

On 7/9/2017 at 5:30 PM, Ayrlego said:

Perhaps Lady Mesabi can keep her husband under control... Although I feel she'll probably encourage him to further excess!

A very humorous story, keep it up!

Ha Ha Ha Ha, No. Lady Mesabi is just as much of a rabble rouser as her husband. If anything she'll probably make things worse.

On 7/9/2017 at 6:57 PM, Bodi said:

Fun to read as usual, great family, and I like your style, Count Mesabi, shoot first and then ask for names.:rofl:

Thank you! That was probably Captain Mesabi's army battalion's Motto. :pir_tong2:

On 7/10/2017 at 5:49 AM, Professor Thaum said:

You better had the Icarus fired and sunk... whatever the flag, whatever the name !

What a family !! you have my deepest sympathie, for I have the same (IRL)

Funny story

That's exactly what happen to me yesterday when I comeback... I brought my son for a 35 km moutain-bike trip leaving my daughter with my wife... If I'd had guns on my bike it wold have been useful :wacko:

Glad you liked it!

You have my sympathies as well Thaum. 

3 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

that's a terrible thing to say !!

Sorry? :look: