800x450.jpg

Hey everyone!

Today I'm very excited to finally share with you my new MOC, after 1 month of work on it. I really wanted to see what would happen if I made a car without a WIP topic, like how @Charbel released his superb Volcano RS Supercar. So it all started back when I got inspiration from @Madoca 1977's Corvette and Supercar, and @Fosapifi's Porsche Spyder. I wanted to make a car around that scale. My other main goal was a robust chassis. So it began with a small independent front suspension, then a chassis with that, a rear live axle, mini engine, and 2-speed gearbox. Soon a body was created and I thought I was almost done. But then there was trouble. I realized the serious problem, the engine's crankshaft, when a section was sticking out the lowest, pushed on the axle that drove the gears that drove the wheels. This suspension was used. When it hit that axle it bounced, creating a rough ride all the time. So I replaced that with a solid diff, and it was smooth sailing, err, building, from there.  

So here we are. I am also happy to share this because I managed to get some pictures I am very proud of, with a very-close-to-white background! 

The final model features front suspension, a working mini V8 engine based off this, rear differential, 2-speed gearbox, HoG steering, adjustable spoiler, and a robust chassis. Even though the model looks small and has a light, aggressive bodywork, its dense chassis helps to give it a total of 855 pieces (contrary to the video.)

Instructions: http://bricksafe.com/pages/Offroadcreations/mid-engine-sports-car/instructions

Rebricmable: http://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-8791/offroadcreations/mid-engine-drift-car/#comments

Tons More pictures: http://bricksafe.com/pages/Offroadcreations/mid-engine-sports-car

Enjoy!

800x450.jpg800x451.jpg800x600.jpg

With the wheel arches removed, it looks like a Toyota AE86 drift car, probably due to the square shape.

800x600.jpg

Outdoor pics:

800x600.jpg800x450.jpg

800x451.jpg800x451.jpg800x600.jpg

Chassis:

800x451.jpg800x451.jpg

Please tell me what you think of it! :classic: Have a great day!

Cool model, the functions and chassis are good, but there a few holes in the bodywork that could maybe be fixed up.

Where do you live? The terrain in the outdoor photos (which are excellent) looks very similar to the hills near my home.

Nice work, but I don't think the spoiler should be blue... it would be better in red or black.

I also think the body could do with some filling in, but I do like the engine!

I need those wheels! They are a good wheel for vehicles that size, and yours is excellent.

Nicely done. Everything is super compact, must be tough building on that scale. Keep it up!

Edited by Lox Lego

3 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

@mocbuild101 Thanks, I forgot to share the picture of the black spoiler.

Thanks everyone! Here are some pictures of the body filled in. I'll admit it makes a bigger difference I imagined.

Much better! :laugh:

It's amazing how such a small thing can make so much difference!

15 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Nicely done. Everything is super compact, must be tough building on that scale. Keep it up!

Thanks! You are correct, some of the aspects of this model were hard to make.

14 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Much better! :laugh:

It's amazing how such a small thing can make so much difference!

Thanks!