Sign in to follow this  
Krall

[MOC] Mining Excavator

Good evening.

Today I would like to present you my recent build which is this Mining Excavator.

34947662293_641be677dc_z.jpg

My main goal while building this moc was to implement in it a geer box which would allow to chose function and direction in which it would work.
And I can say that I reached this goal :D

34916215634_b4249c06d2.jpg

As this is a front-shovel excavator I also wanted to make the bucket open and close.
I decidet to make this function work Via a thread ,with which I can pull the bucket to close, and rubber bands which will open the bucket when there's no force on it. Whole mechanism can be operated by a knob placed next to the leavers of the gear box.

I also decided to start making voice cover in my videos, and this is my first attempt to it, so check it out :D 

Some thumbnails
35716508856_3ca45b2400_t.jpg34916221394_be47115150_t.jpg35625629411_09b7b50fce_t.jpg34916265594_a08b72a1d5_t.jpg34916251514_7b79240869_t.jpg

Waiting for your comments :D

Edited by Krall

Very interesting build - the orientation of the linear actuators is unusual but makes sense when you realize that the battery box is in the way. Nice work! 

Thanks for comments!

@AFOLegofan66: nope, I'm going to take it apart next week.

@BusterHaus: Not only becouse of the Bbox placement:

karernyi-gusenichnyi-ekskavator-hitachi-

Again thanks for your comments :)

Edited by Krall

This is a really nice model, one I would love to build myself! I love the implementation and 'hiding' of all the drive-trains within the main boom. Good work!

Very nice MOC. Compact and well-executed. Every detail you expect to see on the machine is in place. And I like the brick-built bucket. Curved panels fit perfectly for the purpose. The only detail which looks a little bit off is only one mLA for the second arm. But I understand there is absolutely no way you can fit it where. Good job.

wow so much functions in a small space, still dont understand how you nailed the bucket opening mechanism... some kinda wiring?

It works just like a manual winch, but instead of pulling a hook, it closes the bucket by simply dragging it.

Btw. Thanks for comments!

I can't believe how functional it is for as small a space that it occupies. Great job! The looks match the functions.

Very nice little build, I really like your solution for emptying bucket, I build similar excavator few months ago and that function was very difficult for me to implement. I like your attention to detail as well.