VaderFan2187

[MOD] [MOC] 75159 - UCS Starkiller Base!

Originally posted here!

Hi everyone! This is a MOD of 75159 Death Star to an extent because it follows the same layout, however, I built it myself just following 75159’s dimensions. I didn’t render the individual rooms because of some problems with the shadows  Also, I actually built this several months ago, but didn’t post it until now! :wink:

3qwqjvu.png?w=1000

Reenact amazing scenes from The Force Awakens with the First Order’s ultimate planet-zapping weapon: Starkiller Base! With 3,003 pieces, this fantastic model has a galaxy of intricate and authentic environments, including many individual rooms!

25tctj7.png?w=1000

The back also has many more rooms containing iconic scenes from The Force Awakens!

04vqmoh.png?w=579&h=438

Includes room where Hux gives his speech before the laser is fired!

7lmzbiy.png?w=566&h=423

Includes room for Kylo Ren to talk to Darth Vader’s helmet!

qns1s3b.png?w=505&h=330

Includes room where Kylo Ren slices table up in rage! Press the lever to split the table in two!

b0zmj0m.png?w=578&h=334

Lower level has the room where Phasma deactivates the shields…

jsutfuf.png?w=512&h=247

…which leads to the garbage chute!

lokuyqp.png?w=514&h=455

Also has a prison in Starkiller Base where Rey is captured!

cvxns7w.png?w=517&h=299

Includes room with Starkiller Base turbolaser that has two spring-loaded shooters! Turbolaser can rotate and seat one minifigure.

w0u69zf.png?w=736

Includes room where Han Solo calls out to Kylo Ren…

to5zfhp.png?w=296&h=438

…and they have a fateful discussion on the bridge.

f9x8elt.png?w=556&h=357

Upper level has room where Snoke communicates with Kylo Ren!

qbaelx0.png?w=531&h=421

Also has sensor dish and two stud-shooting turbolasers in the next room!

jia3rqd.png?w=500&h=301

Includes microscale hangar with exclusive dark titanium Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle!

rd8t7iq.png?w=545&h=351

Includes storage room with opening crate and rotating seat for a minifigure!

zqlwp1r.png?w=736

rx3fn1c.png?w=736

Lowest level has microscale battle scene with Resistance X-wing Fighters and TIE Fighters!

Set includes 25 minifigures: Snoke, Kylo Ren (helmetless), Kylo Ren (hooded), Captain Phasma, General Hux, Finn, Rey, Han Solo, Chewbacca, 2x First Order Officers (with caps), 1x First Order Officer (without cap), 5x First Order Stormtroopers, 2x First Order Heavy Artillery Stormtroopers, 2x First Order Snowtroopers, and 4x First Order Crew.

Price: $399.99 USD, £349.99 GBP, $799.99 NZD.

Thanks for looking! Leave a comment below about what you liked/didn’t like about the set :classic:

C&C welcome! :sweet:

The Han Solo-Ben confrontation room looks good! Though for the rest of the build, some of the walls seem a bit bear, and i think you could have blended the more organic elements of the planet into the build, like the trees, snow and rocks. Like, some of the walls could have exposed rock and more walkways.

Hello, VaderFan

Great idea here! I agree with TheGeneralMoe you need to implement the planet's environment, on the upper later you could have the battle between Rey, Kylo and Finn and some FO speeders.

Kind regards, Ellis.

It's actually a wonder that TLG hasn't done this already. Maybe in the pipeline for future. Anyway, like the fact you took the initiative yourself.

Really well done job encapsulating Starkiller Base! I adore the frightened FO Officer by Kylo.

I do find it funny though that this is in a way a rehash of a setting thats a rehash of the setting the set is based off of which is a set that is also a rehash of another set. 

Edited by Forresto

Thank you @Forresto:classic:

4 hours ago, Forresto said:

I do find it funny though that this is in a way a rehash of a setting thats a rehash of the setting the set is based off of which is a set that is also a rehash of another set. 

Did not think of it that way. Lol :laugh:

19 hours ago, Darth Hammy said:

nice build, but aren't there any images of the trash compactor?

Thanks @Darth Hammy! However the trash compactor is kind of just that grey garbage bin that has an opening lid. It doesn't lead to anywhere :blush: 

On 07/07/2017 at 10:30 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

jsutfuf.png?w=512&h=247

That central one ^

been a while since i saw it, but didn't he talk to grandpa and tear up the place on his star destroyer?