23 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

There's only ever been the one head for all of the knights except for clay, who got 3 iirc.

Thanks - was hoping for a scared/shocked expression too, but no worries :thumbup:

4 hours ago, dario2739 said:

Thanks - was hoping for a scared/shocked expression too, but no worries :thumbup:

I'm not super surprised they didn't give him one, considering one of the earliest episodes starring Aaron was pretty much all about how he's basically too laid back to get scared about most things (basically the polar opposite of Jay from LEGO Ninjago, lol).

5 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

There's only ever been the one head for all of the knights except for clay, who got 3 iirc.

Axl has two heads -- his first two years he had a smile on one side and a frown on the other, but his third-year set gives him an outraged expression on one side.  Which inspired this little episode!  And you're right, Clay has three heads -- the one with the two standard expressions, plus the half-stone version in the collector's book and the full-stone, yellow-eyed version that came with the Colossus.  Robin has two heads, too -- his standard half-smile for the first two years, and then in his third year he got a head with an angry expression on one side and an orange tint on the other.

No extra faces for Aaron, Lance, or Macy, unfortunately.  Ava only gets one face, too.  Even Merlok got two different orange panels!

10 minutes ago, Grey Magistrate said:

Even Merlok got two different orange panels!

3 if you count a limited edition battlestation sticker :innocent:.

But for printed ones, yes, 2 different ones, one was released twice (Fortrex and as magazine gift).

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, shadefoundry said:

I thought the year 1 and 2 panels were different?

Year 2 got no Merlok panel, but his mech instead.

Year 3 (2018) has a different golden print.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Year 2 got no Merlok panel, but his mech instead.

Year 3 (2018) has a different golden print.

Huh, you're right. Not sure why I thought year 2 had another version besides the mech. :cry3:

1 minute ago, shadefoundry said:

Huh, you're right. Not sure why I thought year 2 had another version besides the mech. :cry3:

Well, technically, 2017 did have this https://brickset.com/sets/NEX271713-1/Merlok-2-0 (2017) , with the magazine, but it's the same as the Fortrex one.

As for the battle-station version with sticker, I meant this one https://brickset.com/sets/5004389-1/Battle-Station (2016)

Edited by TeriXeri

Honestly I'm still disappointed that the only version of year 3 Clay we got was a battle suit variant. It'd be nice to have a properly armored version like the rest of the Knights. Then again I've found that the ultimate version of his torso and legs with a swapped orange arm and golden hips and hands from year 3 Aaron manages to make a pretty close approximation.

1 minute ago, shadefoundry said:

Honestly I'm still disappointed that the only version of year 3 Clay we got was a battle suit variant. It'd be nice to have a properly armored version like the rest of the Knights. Then again I've found that the ultimate version of his torso and legs with a swapped orange arm and golden hips and hands from year 3 Aaron manages to make a pretty close approximation.

Yeah, I noticed the armor was missing in that set, they did release the same but armored version of that minifig with hair via the magazine, and one with a helmet via an activity book, so it's basicly just his year 3 version.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Yeah, I noticed the armor was missing in that set, they did release the same version of that minifig with hair via the magazine, and one with a helmet via an activity book, so it's basicly just his year 3 version.

Yes, but the actual torso and legs print are more inline with the robes from the year 2 battle suits rather than the actual armored prints from the other year 3 knights, so it's still not really ideal.

8 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

Yes, but the actual torso and legs print are more inline with the robes from the year 2 battle suits rather than the actual armored prints from the other year 3 knights, so it's still not really ideal.

True it does look like his battle suit version with the lines on it, very robe like, but at least he has the golden "armor" accents on it.

The fact that he is "digital" in that set (going by the Comic story) explains the center "pixels" below the falcon logo. (Merlok/Monstrox have those pixels below their holograms as well)

I just think the sudden ending confuses things for people in countries without the magazine. As the show never had Year 3 episodes.

Edited by TeriXeri

6 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I just think the sudden ending confuses things for people in countries without the magazine. As the show never had Year 3 episodes.

Oh it absolutely does. Like I can only imagine how confused people who don't browse EB or have the magazines are going to be. It's a real shame too since all of the year 3 sets (except Aaron's X-Bow) are pretty fantastic imho, and a lot of the ideas that Tommy Andreasen posted are pretty sweet.

That would be nice.

Would also have been nice to see how the plant, snow and ocean monsters would've finally looked too.

10 hours ago, The NexoNinja402 said:

I just need to know what would happen in season 5 and 6

Tommy Andreasen posted a bunch of early sketches for what the last season would have looked like on his twitter some time ago. They give a pretty good idea of what we would have gotten and it seems like it would have continued the trend if seasons 3 and 4 by taking itself a bit more seriously. The show was at its best when it was more serious like Ninjago is, and it always felt like the serious stuff was clashing with the constant humor. Like, when I was watching through the series, I was constantly confused as to why Merlok and Clay were the only characters that seemed to take anything remotely seriously. Even in the 3rd season when things started getting really interesting, half of the knights didn't really act like people when important things happened. It was probably best that they moved more towards a less silly direction, just a shame it happened too late.

Edited by shadefoundry

15 hours ago, The NexoNinja402 said:

I just need to know what would happen in season 5 and 6

The storyline (for the tech-infection 2018 sets) continued via the Magazine (in Europe), but even so it was very forced into 1 direction.

Edited by TeriXeri

I came across this awesome alternate build  for set 70351 a while ago : 

Credits to go the original owner of the video - grohl666

Edited by TeriXeri

18 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I came across this awesome alternate build  for set 70351 a while ago :

@grohl is a designer on the LEGO Technic team who has an AMAZING gift for coming up with alternate builds to released sets from all sorts of themes. You can see a lot more cool alternate builds on his Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/grohld

Among them are a lot of other alternate builds for Nexo Knights sets, including three more for 70351, three for 72004, four for 72003, four for 70356, two for 70355, and TWELVE for 70312! He really shows his expertise with LEGO Technic when it comes to creating cool functions for some of these models. It definitely debunks the non-FOL cliche that "LEGO sets these days are all specific parts that are only good for building what's on the box" (paraphrased).

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/grohld

It definitely debunks the non-FOL cliche that "LEGO sets these days are all specific parts that are only good for building what's on the box" (paraphrased).

Thanks for posting that.

It also debunks the idea that NK sets aren't even worth buying for parts packs.

Another great video on an alternate Nexo Knights model from @grohl

Original set 70355: Aaron's Rock Climber (2017) 598 parts  : 

70355-1.jpg?201705190848

Edited by TeriXeri

Thank you for all the praise. Nexo Knights were simply thanks to the balanced mix of Technic and System one of my favourite playthemes.