3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Has anyone here ever seen this Nexo Knights themed SHIP by Andrew Lee before, the one in the center of the table in this interview by Beyond the Brick:drool:

*video removed*

Andrew also built the Macy Mech seen the above video too! :grin:

I saw that awhile back, it's really amazing isn't it? :wub:

I agree that Clay's ship is the best build, but the Axl flyer with the tricked out mechsuit is a strong contender. 

Edited by BrickJagger
typo

THAT IS INCREDIBLE. Not only does it use Nexo Knights parts, but it thematically fits in with the other weapon-shaped vehicles while also bearing a resemblance to the smaller claymore piece!

9 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I saw that awhile back, it's really amazing isn't it? :wub:

Seen any other noteworthy Nexo Knights themed creations about recently? :classic:

9 hours ago, Lyichir said:

THAT IS INCREDIBLE. Not only does it use Nexo Knights parts, but it thematically fits in with the other weapon-shaped vehicles while also bearing a resemblance to the smaller claymore piece!

Here's one of the few pictures Andrew took of the build himself:

Spoiler
Clay's Cool Cruiser!

So what's the story with this Sauron-like thing? Is it just some kind of spy camera or is it an actual character? 

s7HrFlA.png

18 minutes ago, Killian said:

So what's the story with this Sauron-like thing? Is it just some kind of spy camera or is it an actual character? 

s7HrFlA.png

I think the idea is that the berserker doesn't actually use his eyes but instead uses a visor which links to that eye. Then the eye could detach from the bomber and he could look all around trying to find the Knights.

15 hours ago, Cyclone_37 said:

I think the idea is that the berserker doesn't actually use his eyes but instead uses a visor which links to that eye. Then the eye could detach from the bomber and he could look all around trying to find the Knights.

Oh cool, hadn't thought of that 

So I finally caved and picked up a copy of 72004 - Tech Wizard Showdown. It continues to baffle me just how great the set actually is in person when compared to how it looks in videos and on the box. Seriously this thing is great, although it does have its problems. Mainly the legs are stumpy and a bit weak on the articulation side, and the arms are even worse for articulation. I've already made some mods to the legs to make them a bit longer and give them better articulation in the ankle joints, and have made plans to improve the articulation and poseability of the arms as well.

I feel like these problems kind of detail some of the main flaws that Nexo Knights sets generally had. No matter how great the sets were, the boxes always made them look tacky and a bit crap, and while there were some very good sets, many of them contained some really odd design choices and clashing colour schemes when compared to something like Ninjago.

On another note, I'm planning to get my hands on the Berserker Bomber soon, and if I can find a Lance's Hover Jouster and a Twinfector on sale I'll most likely pick them up as well. It's kind of a shame that this final wave doesn't really have much in the way of villain sets, since they're really quite good figures that, once again look far better in person than they do on the box.

5 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

clashing colour schemes when compared to something like Ninjago.

I wasn't much of a fan of the Sky Pirates color schemes.  Too much focus on the orange and dark green.

18 hours ago, x105Black said:

I wasn't much of a fan of the Sky Pirates color schemes.  Too much focus on the orange and dark green.

I found the colour scheme for the builds themselves was generally alright, but I'll certainly agree with you that the light orange and dark green for the figures was pretty gross. Then again I absolutely adore the aesthetic of the sky pirates wave, and I tend to modify the majority of my sets that I've got on display so all of mine no longer have any bright orange in them, and now resemble more traditional steampunk vessels than they do Ninjago sets.

Still though, I feel that the colour schemes for the builds themselves with that wave were pretty consistent, even if the figures required me to modifications so my eyes wouldn't bleed. Overall, I would still say that Ninjago generally does have far less problems with clashing colour schemes than Nexo Knights did.

Edited by shadefoundry

13 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

Still though, I feel that the colour schemes for the builds themselves with that wave were pretty consistent, even if the figures required me to modifications so my eyes wouldn't bleed. Overall, I would still say that Ninjago generally does have far less problems with clashing colour schemes than Nexo Knights did.

OK, I will concede those points.  Nexo Knights honestly has pretty garish color schemes for the most part.

Just now, x105Black said:

OK, I will concede those points.  Nexo Knights honestly has pretty garish color schemes for the most part.

Definitely. The villain schemes are mostly fine, but for me half of the good guy sets have pretty bad colour schemes. The orange and green sets in particular are terrible to look at. I will never understand why those two got so many big sets, while the other three who didn't clash as much with the trans-neon orange and dark blue got mostly smaller sets. Though, I would also argue that this wouldn't have been as much of an issue if all of the good guys used colours that looked decent with the trans-neon orange, dark blue and gold/silver.

Many of the good guy sets have too much trans-neon orange, and not enough of the colours that work well together and it just ends up looking unappealing.

3 hours ago, Killian said:

Built it! :)

Love it so much more than the Berserker Bomber!

Looks really nice! I don't have a Berserker Bomber yet but once I do I'll try out that build as well. Might have to get a second one since I want the ship and battle suit as well!

@KillianThat is so cool. Can you please share the instructions? I'm planning on getting a second Berserker Bomber when it goes on sale so that I can use the second Berserker head to make my custom Vampire general, SnakeByter, and that mech looks like a much better thing to use the parts of the actual Bomber for than just building a second Bomber. Please show us how to build it? :)

Oh, you already did? Awesome, thanks!

Edited by Feng-huang0296

7 hours ago, Killian said:

Built it!   :)

Love it so much more than the Berserker Bomber!

*snip*

That looks great! Might have to try this.

On 4/17/2018 at 7:29 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Seen any other noteworthy Nexo Knights themed creations about recently? :classic:

A few have been posted here on EB but other than that I haven't seen too many. There are a few people who plan on building Vyro Vampire Castles if/when Season 5 comes out, so I would be on the lookout for that. 

Edited by BrickJagger

Just got my hands on a Berserker's Bomber set, got bored with the build after about 12 minutes so I'm now building that awesome madcat moc out of the parts, albeit with a few changes since I've got the parts to add some more articulation and I want to keep the battle suit around still.

Update: I've finished putting together that Madcat moc, and after some more modifications and additional parts added I'm left with this:

Spoiler

oumpP4U.jpg

Currently the only problem with the thing is that the front windshield is in the wrong trans-green color, but I'll be picking a correct one up with my next bricklink order.

And of course, I built functionality into the mech so that Monstrox's Hologram can control it as well:

Spoiler

M8d1vgR.jpg

Basically all of my changes were made with the intent to maintain features of the theme that weren't there initially (battle suit add on functionality, the berzerker's eye, etc.). Honestly I just wanted to be able to put Monstrox at the top of the thing in the same way that Merlok sits on the Tech Wizard Mech.

Speaking of the Tech Wizard Mech, I've made some modifications to it as well for more articulation. I have yet to add proper knee articulation but I'm in the process of figuring out how I want to do that so it looks good:

Spoiler

TMtjRUZ.jpg

Currently it stands around a brick and a half taller than it did initially, and now has proper ball joints in the feet so you can actually splay the legs when posing.

Regarding that wyvern-looking moc that @Aardvark17 posted, I dunno it's alright. Doesn't really feel like a Nexo Knights set to me, and it wouldn't fit that well into any of my small displays.

2 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

Update: I've finished putting together that Madcat moc, and after some more modifications and additional parts added I'm left with this:

Reveal hidden contents

oumpP4U.jpg

Currently the only problem with the thing is that the front windshield is in the wrong trans-green color, but I'll be picking a correct one up with my next bricklink order.

I love that you managed to incorporate the Berserker's Eye

20 hours ago, Killian said:

I love that you managed to incorporate the Berserker's Eye

Thank you! It wouldn't feel right to me if the Berserker didn't have his floating eyeball thing to be able to see his targets. :wink:

So apparently there's a contest to build the best mech...that's unexpected. Could the "prize" mentioned possibly be an exclusive figure or build of some kind? I image that it wouldn't be the current sets, as they're trying to clear them off the shelves as quickly as possible. 

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

So apparently there's a contest to build the best mech...that's unexpected. Could the "prize" mentioned possibly be an exclusive figure or build of some kind? I image that it wouldn't be the current sets, as they're trying to clear them off the shelves as quickly as possible. 

Well, Chima had a similar contest at the end of the theme and it was just a giant box with every set, so I dunno if it will be anything exclusive.

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

The prizes are listed in your link.

They get all currently available sets and a shopping spree, though the grand prize winner gets a poster signed by a designer.

Edited by Penkid11

20 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

The prizes are listed in your link.

They get all currently available sets and a shopping spree, though the grand prize winner gets a poster signed by a designer.

Didn't see that. :grin:

We have plenty of great mech builders on these boards though, so some people on here should definitely give it a shot. :classic: