Undead and insects have been mentioned. I'd prefer the former, but whatever they turn out to be, the black and trans-green color scheme sounds killer. Probably get pics/sketches leaked in September.

4 hours ago, x105Black said:

Either way, there is a third year of Nexo Knights on the way, and plenty of rumors and speculation to discuss.  For example, these black and green villains.  What could they be?  What ideas so far are the best / most likely?  When do we expect to find out?

All of these questions are within @Sir von Lego's power to answer, but for whatever reason he stopped posting in this thread shortly after its inception. Where art thou, SvL?

8 hours ago, x105Black said:

I think that LEGO could easily create a property with a movie, TV series, and / or game, that fit in with traditional medieval fantasy rather than this hi-tech version, and it could be popular with children and adults alike.  I hope that will be something that comes after Nexo Knights and Elves have both run their course.

Sure, i think they can, but still, they make it really hard for themselves to add a new theme to the already successful line-up.

I don't think Nexo Knights is introducing "a large group of children into the world of castles, horses and knights" because, well, the show lacks a lot of those elements.  There's a castle, but it doesn't really look like a castle as much as it looks like a spaceship.  There are horses, but they are robo-horses that are nothing like their real counterparts.  There are knights, but they could easily be mistaken for space warriors or something else, and only bear a cursory similarity to actual knights.

Set-wise i think you're right, but the tv show really gives a medieval knights vibe with the five knights, Merlok and offcourse the king and queen.

Just now, NotMegalodon said:

Set-wise i think you're right, but the tv show really gives a medieval knights vibe with the five knights, Merlok and offcourse the king and queen.

Fair enough.  Admittedly, I have only watched one episode of the show.

13 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

Normal Castle really isn't going to happen anytime soon. It's too much of an AFOL theme at the moment. There should be a change of momentum in childsinterests, like maybe a movie or tv series, or game, that would introduce a large group of children into the world of castles, horses and knights. 

Having said that, Nexo Knights is doing just that, combined with cool stuff for kids like transforming sets and magic/tech added, and it's only barely getting a third year (by the looks of it).

And, i've said this before, lego is its own biggest competitor for new themes, considering the vastly popular City, Ninjago, Star Wars, Super Heroes themes. It would be very hard for any new theme to gain a foothold.

Yes and no.
No: Why are LEGO competitors still producing castle lines? Playmobil, LEGO clones, always have a castle line... are their R&D that poorer than LEGO that they fail every year?
Yes: TLG is producing less and less themes every year, because Friends (you forgot) - City - Ninjago - Super Heroes and Star Wars are too strong themes anything can't compete with.

Either way, there is a third year of Nexo Knights on the way, and plenty of rumors and speculation to discuss.  For example, these black and green villains.  What could they be?  What ideas so far are the best / most likely?  When do we expect to find out?

This is why I always read your posts: you're terrific. 
If we really have to bear Nexo Knights a year more, at least the only interesting thing they have are the villains! So I agree, what are them? How do they look?

I really hope they don't do trans-green parts like they did on chima's trans blue. They were totally unuseful. Either you use both legs / both arms... or that's pretty lame imho.

Yeah, as someone who only buys sets every so often and doesn't pay much attention to the story, I get more a Space than Castle Vibe from Nexo Knights as well. It certainly doesn't help that Nexo Knights is not big on stationary buildings. There are a few inbetween, but most sets are vehicles.

Season 4 Spoilers / Speculation:

Spoiler

Ruina, who is Clay's mother and Merlok's sister, seems to be the sole survivor from the Stone army for some unknown reason. At the end of the finale she is shown to be escaping with a shard of the Colossus that is glowing green. Whatever this is, it could help explain the green/black color of next year's villains. Ruina also may be an important villain in the 2018 storyline and might show up in next year's sets.

Now that Clay is confirmed to have magical powers, the "Tech Wzrd" set might actually be his, not Merlok's. 

42 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Season 4 Spoilers / Speculation:

Reveal hidden contents

Ruina, who is Clay's mother and Merlok's sister, seems to be the sole survivor from the Stone army for some unknown reason. At the end of the finale she is shown to be escaping with a shard of the Colossus that is glowing green. Whatever this is, it could help explain the green/black color of next year's villains. Ruina also may be an important villain in the 2018 storyline and might show up in next year's sets.

Now that Clay is confirmed to have magical powers, the "Tech Wzrd" set might actually be his, not Merlok's. 

Spoiler

She survived because she was a sorceress on her own, not just a stone monster. I hope we'll get her on human form. She looks awesome

Be interesting to see how, or if, they change her look. Can't wait to find out who the new antagonists are.

If Monstrux comes back in human form, then black and green undead would make sense, because he's a Necromancer. 

I Imagine the villians theme being newer versions of the old Insectoids sets. The Insectoids could be remade to be like the Borg from Star Trek. They have a hive mind and want to assimilate people and technology, or infect the Nexo Knights minds and technology in this theme. They even share the same colors of black and green.  I'm guessing poison powers (poison their minds) or toxic potions are used for "infecting". Seems like a promising year for Nexo Knights.

Insectoid.jpg

Edited by Ghoul

I doubt they would be like the insectoids because most of the villains in Nexo Knights look Medieval Fantasy rather than futureisk, also I'm hoping that the minions are undead, because the last bug theme Lego did, didn't seem like it sold very well.

13 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I doubt they would be like the insectoids because most of the villains in Nexo Knights look Medieval Fantasy rather than futureisk, also I'm hoping that the minions are undead, because the last bug theme Lego did, didn't seem like it sold very well.

It would be great to get some more undead minifigs and sets. As long as the undead don't look like the skeletons from Ninjago, those were a little blocky. I would be happy with some new skeletons, zombies and necromancy stuff. 

43 minutes ago, Ghoul said:

It would be great to get some more undead minifigs and sets. As long as the undead don't look like the skeletons from Ninjago, those were a little blocky. I would be happy with some new skeletons, zombies and necromancy stuff. 

Probably some partially Trans-Green Ghost Minifigs like Ninjago as well.

47 minutes ago, Ghoul said:

I'd prefer if there weren't skeletons at all. Castle already did Skeleton baddies and so did Ninjago. I don't think Lego wants to retread old enemy types. 

10 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I'd prefer if there weren't skeletons at all. Castle already did Skeleton baddies and so did Ninjago. I don't think Lego wants to retread old enemy types. 

Yet they recycled enemies in the Day of the Departed, and while new, the Vermillion were once again snake-based. If you're gonna rehash an enemy, best it be the undead. Monstrox was a necromancer, how do you drop that bit of lore and then NOT do an undead wave? I will say LEGO needs to redesign the skeleton, at least figure out a way to get them some articulated wrists.

Edited by K_Tiger

Skeletons with wrist articulation? It would be cool, but I'm doubtful as how they could realize this without ruining the aesthetics of dem bones.

Bug-themed baddies would be also interesting, as insects sound like there's a higher chance for larger creatures that could be used as mounts/vehicles.

The first ones were lava, then came the stone/rock ones. Now black green ones. It makes more sense if you follow that tradition that the new baddies will be poison gasses or bewitched diamonds or something like that instead of the undead or insects. 

Though i hope for insects :-)

Gaseous entities might make for some cool minifigures, especially if they recast the Rogul lower in black and trans-green. Same goes for the Ninjago ghost/CMF Specter lower. Insects, eh, I don't know. I won't deny that the set names certainly point to them, and the Chima ones were alright, just not sure how they can markedly improve them. I reckon we'll see, though.

3 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Gaseous entities might make for some cool minifigures, especially if they recast the Rogul lower in black and trans-green. Same goes for the Ninjago ghost/CMF Specter lower. Insects, eh, I don't know. I won't deny that the set names certainly point to them, and the Chima ones were alright, just not sure how they can markedly improve them. I reckon we'll see, though.

What about UNDEAD INSECTS?!?!

1 hour ago, Whiteagle said:

That would be really cool, like the zombie Geonosians from Star Wars.   

13 hours ago, Borex said:

The first ones were lava, then came the stone/rock ones. Now black green ones. It makes more sense if you follow that tradition that the new baddies will be poison gasses or bewitched diamonds or something like that instead of the undead or insects. 

Though i hope for insects :-)

12 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Gaseous entities might make for some cool minifigures, especially if they recast the Rogul lower in black and trans-green. Same goes for the Ninjago ghost/CMF Specter lower. 

8 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

Geez, guys! I'd go with any of these ideas! :sweet: 

It would be nice if they would break the trend of previous waves and give us (fantasy) chestplates for the villains. Also, I'd like them to include the set of various power blast elements seen in the upcoming DC superheroes sets.

For the knights, I don't know. The second year's outfit was a step-down from the first year's one imo; more <insert that tiresome argument>. I hope they at least have a better design for the upcoming wave.

I wonder if there will be another line of gimmicks, like the battle mechs. 

10 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

Hmmm....I think you have yourself a sale! I could probably get into zombie bugs.

I wonder if there will be another line of gimmicks, like the battle mechs. 

I hope so. I also hope they don't shaft the villains like they did with the Mechs. That $10 gimmick pack was pretty nice.

Edited by K_Tiger

All I want to know is if this wave will give us any new transparent recolors for canopies, either from the knights side or the villains, especially the latter since Trans-green seems to be used predominantly by them. But I suppose canopies would be too spacey for Nexo Knights villains. :def_shrug: