6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I mean, didn't most of the squirebots (including Dennis) have identical face prints before this year as well? I don't see why that'd change if they turned evil...

I would not be surprised if this year's sets are working with a somewhat more limited budget than previous years, but to be honest I think the sets are plenty impressive anyway—arguably moreso than many of last year's sets. If Nexo Knights is indeed on its way out, it's going out with a bang.

Squirebots shared a head, but Chef Eclair, Robot Hoodlum and Fancy Pants all rocked unique facial prints. Still waiting on a store to put these out. TrU has them listed, but none of the area stores have them. According to Brickseek, they're in Walmart's computers but the same story as TrU stock-wise.

Saw the Tech Wizard Showdown and Aaron's X-Bow at my TRU. Not my favorite of the wave, but I might get them eventually. The use of the in-game overlays for the minifigures on the side of the box is... really odd. It looks pretty bad in my opinion, wonder if it has story significance.

7 minutes ago, Aardvark17 said:

Saw the Tech Wizard Showdown and Aaron's X-Bow at my TRU. Not my favorite of the wave, but I might get them eventually. The use of the in-game overlays for the minifigures on the side of the box is... really odd. It looks pretty bad in my opinion, wonder if it has story significance.

It doesn't. Only Aaron's X-Bow has that... issue. Though strangely Robin and the VanByter have perfectly fine stock art laid on top of the in-game art.

Yeah, I was wondering why only some of them had it...

Wonder if it could even be a production error, some placeholder stuff that slipped through?

Well Lances hover jouster is on TRU's website and it's not labeled as an exclusive like other exclusives are. So maybe the TRU exclusive isn't being released till later in 2018? I hope its either for Clay or Macy since last years TRU exclusive was for lance and Targets was for Aaron. 

On 12/2/2017 at 2:42 PM, Nexogeek said:

Well Lances hover jouster is on TRU's website and it's not labeled as an exclusive like other exclusives are. So maybe the TRU exclusive isn't being released till later in 2018? I hope its either for Clay or Macy since last years TRU exclusive was for lance and Targets was for Aaron. 

Thank you for stating that Lance's Hover Jouster isn't an exclusive as I said before. Anyways I don't want to gloat. My question is where did any of the rumors come for a store exclusive. There is absolutely no proof of this. Nothing comes up in any of the store systems, along with no item number being found or a name being leaked. 

6 hours ago, Knafstuds said:

Thank you for stating that Lance's Hover Jouster isn't an exclusive as I said before. Anyways I don't want to gloat. My question is where did any of the rumors come for a store exclusive. There is absolutely no proof of this. Nothing comes up in any of the store systems, along with no item number being found or a name being leaked. 

Isn't there still one Merlok power unaccounted for in the sets we've seen so far? That might point to some sort of exclusive set (if not a store exclusive, maybe a promo set or even a D2C). The alternatives are a full second wave with only one new Merlok power (doubtful) or that power not appearing in the sets but appearing on the back of the boxes anyway (maybe slightly more likely, but still sounds a little fishy).

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Isn't there still one Merlok power unaccounted for in the sets we've seen so far? That might point to some sort of exclusive set (if not a store exclusive, maybe a promo set or even a D2C). The alternatives are a full second wave with only one new Merlok power (doubtful) or that power not appearing in the sets but appearing on the back of the boxes anyway (maybe slightly more likely, but still sounds a little fishy).

It could be released in some sort of polybag or promotion, most likely a store exclusive cause I highly doubt a Nexo Knights D2C will happen.

8 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Obviously we will get this power with new Ava or Ruina minifig - the one we are missing is the "Wand of Merlok"

Well, I have a hypothesis that the Wand of Merlok power might be released in the Merlok 2.0 app update, since there are always a few freebies whenever they introduce a new kind of power.  There's still pretty good potential for a summer wave, as the King, Queen, Ava, and Ruina weren't included in any sets, and Macy didn't get a vehicle, but I wouldn't be surprised if they reused the same Merlok powers. 

22 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I don't really follow the Nexo Powers, however, I thought that a picture of a new version of Ruina came out, so if there is an exclusive set it has been hidden well. I would probably bet on a second wave in the summer. Not really much information has come out on anything for the summer so I'll keep my hopes up

When does set names for summer waves start to leak? Seeing as we haven't gotten Ruina, someone who seems to have a big role in 2018 i think a summer wave will happen. 

1 hour ago, Nexogeek said:

When does set names for summer waves start to leak? Seeing as we haven't gotten Ruina, someone who seems to have a big role in 2018 i think a summer wave will happen. 

The most likely won't leak.

What will happen though, is that the sets will be on display at the Nuremburg and New York Toy Fairs, with plenty of photo coverage for both. Those usually hit somewhere at the end of January/early February.

Just now, BrickJagger said:

Why would that be? The NK sets have leaked on time every year.

Penkid11 means that pictures/descriptions from the Toy Fair will come first, rather than just set names

If we indeed see another wave to hypothetically wrap up the theme, I'd like to see the knights face another all-new enemy as opposed to additional cyber vampires from the winter wave.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

Me too.

Out of curiosity, what do you think would work better in such a final foe? I get that the new baddies are less fantasy-ish than previous ones (a bummer for non-sci-fi builders), but to be honest I think the new baddies provide a nice symmetry with the knights (now that they're facing evil tech-enhanced knights, squirebots, and a digital wizard), and I think going back to something more fantasy-ish as antagonists would kind of be at odds with the trajectory or arc the story has taken so far.

Perhaps better to wrap the theme up with these baddies and start fresh with a more traditional Castle theme next year. :wink:

12 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Out of curiosity, what do you think would work better in such a final foe?

For me personally, I kind of wish to see something like these guys seen in concept art showcased in the Nexo Knights Character Encyclopedia, the ones in the upper right hand corner specifically. Particularly, its those Decopunk wings of theirs I want! :blush:

P.S. Photo credits go to @legozebra.

36915179561_0168597d75_z.jpg

20 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Out of curiosity, what do you think would work better in such a final foe? 

Monstrox in his human form 

31 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Perhaps better to wrap the theme up with these baddies and start fresh with a more traditional Castle theme next year. :wink:

That would be ideal. :classic:

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Monstrox in his human form 

I think he was referring to a whole new faction. Human Monstrox will probably come in the summer regardless.

Oh, then a undead faction

Monstrox is a Necromancer, so it fits

An army formed with undead knights from various factions: black falcons, crown knights, lion knights, bull knights, etc

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

Oh, then a undead faction

Monstrox is a Necromancer, so it fits

An army formed with undead knights from various factions: black falcons, crown knights, lion knights, bull knights, etc

This has to be one of the greatest most fitting ideas and have the undead knights be from the factions that the nexo knights are from. I'd love to see something like this happen when Monstrox gains human form. and the undead knights could be knights Monstrox killed when fighting the original knights and wizards council. It would be neat to see Monstrox bring back the rest of the wizards council with his necromancy for a final battle then once hes defeated they turn human. 

What some of you forget is vampires are undead, so Monstrox already has an army of the dead.