Well, it's finally done. It's been a good run guys, looking forward to what eventually takes this themes' place, if TLG even decides to do another big bang theme in the near future.

On 12/22/2018 at 7:21 AM, TeriXeri said:

Elves also seems to have ended, so onward to some new in-house Castle/Fantasy theme. 

We should find out within the next few weeks whether we'll get one next year, or else I'm probably taking a yearlong break from posting on here. 

On 12/21/2018 at 9:29 PM, TeriXeri said:

Last Magazine issue been out, theme officially over now.

What happened in the last issue?

On 12/23/2018 at 3:35 AM, PLug said:

Nexo Knights was a great concept that never got the treatment it deserved. Too bad Lego keeps orienting their efforts toward external licencing  : I loved the idea of "Lego" brands like Nexos or Elves. My son was really disappointed to learn the end of the line, and as an 8 y.o. kid did not understand why it got cancelled : "it's so great,why did they cancel it?" ;-)

I feel that Nexo got a lot of unfair hate. It turned out to be a Castle theme only in name, but I highly doubt we would have gotten anything historical in the last three years regardless. I also think that people are a little too harsh on the Stone Monsters, they were pretty good for what they were. I would have a appreciated a few more named characters and a stronghold of some kind for them, but it was really the knight's vehicles that made year 2 the worst year of the theme.

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it, by the way.

2 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I feel that Nexo got a lot of unfair hate. It turned out to be a Castle theme only in name, but I highly doubt we would have gotten anything historical in the last three years regardless. I also think that people are a little too harsh on the Stone Monsters, they were pretty good for what they were. I would have a appreciated a few more named characters and a stronghold of some kind for them, but it was really the knight's vehicles that made year 2 the worst year of the theme.

Amen. The Rock Monsters weren't the best designs, but I liked them all the same and have repurposed many of them as statues for my village. (If I ever get around to building a Dwarf mine in my fantasy layout, Roog and Reex from The Three Brothers will make lovely dwarf statues.)

The Knight vehicle designs for year 2 really weren't great; Macy's Dragon Knight combination was excellent, but they made too many compromises to give all of them that capability in some form. (Axl's Rumble Maker was particularly bad.) 

On the other hand, the Fortrex was outstanding, and my modified, expanded Fortrex is going to be a valued part of my Lego collection for a long time to come. 

On 12/25/2018 at 3:31 PM, BrickJagger said:

I also think that people are a little too harsh on the Stone Monsters, they were pretty good for what they were.

Yeah, I loved the stone monsters!  Something about that grey-purple-blue combo really grabbed me, and I liked all the different character types -- winged harpies, cold roguls, even the plain ol' stone stompers.  Maybe Nexo Knights would've survived longer if the second season had run with the vampirates instead, but I'm thankful that we got a full year for the stone army.

1 hour ago, Grey Magistrate said:

the vampirates

I'm partial to the term used in LEGO Movie 2 marketing: Vampiruses.  Also, they weren't all that Piratey...

4 hours ago, x105Black said:

I'm partial to the term used in LEGO Movie 2 marketing: Vampiruses. Also, they weren't all that Piratey...

Did I miss something? Where were they given official names? I agree, they were definitely not piratey whatsoever. If anything they felt more 90s era space-esque to me.

On 12/25/2018 at 9:31 PM, BrickJagger said:

What happened in the last issue?

Clay basicly jumped down a "portal" hole into the digital version of Knighton.

Merlok was fighting Monstrox and was losing power, then Merlok sacrificed himself, granting enormous power to the Knighton network, allowing Ava to create objects like Clay's Mech (tech wizard showdown set).

Then Clay managed to slash Monstrox in 2 and evaporate, a vortex opened, and Clay appeared back in the normal world.

Pretty bad written ending, because the whole Merlok part of the mech wasn't mentioned at all (the flying hologram with the sword you see in the actual mech set).

Also, the only mention of heritage was 1 line where Monstrox called out Clay that his "magical uncle is gone" after Merlok sacrificed himself to Empower digital Knighton.

Edited by TeriXeri

18 hours ago, shadefoundry said:

Did I miss something? Where were they given official names? I agree, they were definitely not piratey whatsoever. If anything they felt more 90s era space-esque to me.

Oh, sorry, you didn't miss anything...I don't think they were ever given official names, so I've called them the "vampirates".  Now that NK is officially dead, we can call 'em anything we like!

3 hours ago, Grey Magistrate said:

Oh, sorry, you didn't miss anything...I don't think they were ever given official names, so I've called them the "vampirates". Now that NK is officially dead, we can call 'em anything we like!

Ah, gotcha. I guess I'll stick with Virus Vampires then, since that seems to fit the tech infection theme pretty well.

On a side note, my local mastermind had Aaron's X-Bow on clearance today, so I finally picked it up. I can't say I care for the build itself but there's a ton of useful parts in there that I ended up putting towards finishing up a moc I've been working on. Thankfully I already had an Aaron minifig, so the hands, hips and armor from the extra has gone towards making a non-battlesuit version of Year 3 Clay.

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Tommy Anderson's twitter showcase a bunch of potential episode ideas for Year 3

https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen?lang=en

Here are the tweets in question:

Although Jestro turning evil a third time is a bit tiresome, I found the "Jester-bot" concept interesting. I also like how Monstrox corrupts the Dragovs, who look significantly more interesting than the identical vampires we got this year. After seeing these I have no doubts that there would have been a summer wave that contained "Paladin Clay", members of the Wizard's Council, Vampire Ruina, winged vampires and a few more named antagonists. He also seems to confirm that the fifth season never aired because it lacked funds.

Sidenote: Vincent Tong (Jestro's voice actor) makes it pretty clear in the comments that he wants the show to come back. Possibly an outside chance for the last season to air at some point?

Edited by BrickJagger

Hmmm, I guess I really would've liked to see both "good knight Jestro" and "Paladin Clay" fleshed out as minifigures. That armor and helmet of Clay's would've looked pretty cool paired with that cape too! :classic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I really do hope they finish production on the last season a few some point, though I suppose a revival of the cancelled sixth wave is out of the question. 

So King Halbert's each would have been hacked? That kind of reminds me of the way you could put the Merlok and Monstrox holograms inside the larger mech from the Tech Wizard showdown. 

Paladin Clay would have been amazing . . also, Ava 2.0 concerns me. But Ava Valkyrie sounds awesome!

10 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I really do hope they finish production on the last season a few some point, though I suppose a revival of the cancelled sixth wave is out of the question.

It would certainly be nice but at this point I think the most we'll get is more story outlines over twitter. Who knows though, Ninjago concluded after an initial 3 years, and was then brought back after massive fan outcry. The circumstances were a bit different but there's always the small possibility of an NK revival if there's enough people asking for it.

Edited by shadefoundry

I love the theme and really wish we at least got one final season and a summer wave of sets. Ava coding herself into Ava 2.0 would of been so neat to see play out and Clay learning his powers and the Wizard Council being shown more would of been so neat to see happen. Also is Ava 2.0 a witch then given her staff and robe I wonder. I hope the fan outcry continues to grow so it gets brought back but who knows, hopefully we get more drawings of what could of been. 

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So King Halbert's each would have been hacked? That kind of reminds me of the way you could put the Merlok and Monstrox holograms inside the larger mech from the Tech Wizard showdown. 

It did get hacked/taken over in the actual Magazine comic , it even turned green. 

As far as these concepts, I feel some of it was rewritten a bit and made it into the comics, but the majority was left out.

It was clearly adjusted to fit the last line of sets only, (Merlok Powers).

Spoiler Alert on ending:

And even then, the part where Merlok is attached to Clay's Tech Wizard Mech was never canon in the story.

Clay made it into the Digital world via a portal hole in the ground after the last Merlok Power was found, and most of the Kingdom was overrun by tech-infection monsters.

Merlok was weak from battling Monstrox inside the Digtal world and would lose.

Then after Clay arrived, Merlok "sacrificed" himself to empower the network, making Ava able to code that Tech-Wizard set Mech into the Digital world, allowing digital Clay to slice/defeat digital Monstrox, destroying Monstrox,

After that Clay re-appered in the normal world again.

Overall, the story was over-simplified, and the only few named minifig characters were Fred, Pola, Berserker, Cezar. Mostly due to their set-appearance.

Edited by TeriXeri

14 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Paladin Clay would have been amazing . . also, Ava 2.0 concerns me. But Ava Valkyrie sounds awesome!

I would've loved to see Ava Valkyrie or a purple panel with Ava's silhouette -- she's my favorite Nexo character.  Not to be, alas.  But I'd be curious to see if anyone has ideas to mix-and-match parts to make an Ava Valkyrie.

On 12/29/2018 at 2:36 AM, Dr.Cogg said:

I wish Lego had done a Vampire Battle pack.

Would have been nice, but likely priced at the same €12.99 for 3 figures, which was fairly high. 

At least some European countries had the magazine, which for 2018 had a Cyberbyter + cannon, Fred with purple hair + sword , Vanbyter + scythe, so that's 3 figures for a similar price as a blister pack.

US/Canada Shop @ home has huge discounts on those 2017 figure packs right now: (down from $12.99 / 15.99 CAD)

so get them while in stock

$3.24 / 3.99 CAD for Stone Monsters 853677

$6.49 / 7.99 CAD for Knights 853676

Edited by TeriXeri

@TeriXeri Thanks for the heads up, guess I'm filling out my Stone Army some more now. I also picked up a Knights pack, even though I'll probably just be using the guards for spare parts.

Sad to hear this theme is ending.

I think the main downside for me was the great lack of any structure sets, like Classic Castle have done in the past.
I would have loved getting some townfolks minifigs or like a Knighton farm set with some bad guys raiding it.

Too much focus on vehicles, but the idea of downloadable NEXO Powers for the app was good, reminded me of Exo-Force Code Bricks. 
The idea of the Wizards Council episode is good, but I've never heard of "Fletecher Bowman". Any ideas where this guy comes from ?

I've even started to turn my stack of Shadow Knights from Knight Kingdom II into a chaotic mercenary army, using stolen Knighton tech to raid villages.

Well, it was a good run, I just hope the next Action theme to take its place will be worth it, If they ever make a new one.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:21 AM, TeriXeri said:

US/Canada Shop @ home has huge discounts on those 2017 figure packs right now: (down from $12.99 / 15.99 CAD)

so get them while in stock

$3.24 / 3.99 CAD for Stone Monsters 853677

$6.49 / 7.99 CAD for Knights 853676

Thanks for the heads up, never would have seen that otherwise. I think that this might possibly be the best deal I've ever seen on S@H, I mean that's practically a dollar for a figure. I just bought several more to add to my collection. 

Hi guys - not sure if this is the correct place to post, but can anyone confirm how many heads/face print's were made for Aaron Fox? As far as I can tell there's one dual-sided head... is that right?

Cheers

Just now, dario2739 said:

Hi guys - not sure if this is the correct place to post, but can anyone confirm how many heads/face print's were made for Aaron Fox? As far as I can tell there's one dual-sided head... is that right?

Cheers

There's only ever been the one head for all of the knights except for clay, who got 3 iirc.