On 10/10/2018 at 8:37 AM, Aanchir said:

Yeah, it's not unorthodox for supporting characters (especially female supporting characters…) to go missing in a theme's planned final wave. Consider how the 2013 Ninjago "The Final Battle" sets didn't include any version of Nya whatsoever, or how the 2008 Exo-Force "Deep Jungle" sets didn't include Hitomi. If this WAS the intended final wave, then size/budget constraints alone would have required the designers to be selective about what characters made an appearance.

But Monstrox is the main villain. For him to only show up as a hologram in the last wave is pretty suspicious. Ruina as well; she was revealed to be Clay's mother in Season 4, and there's even a poster floating around that appeared to have a Vampire Ruina figure in it. Between the two most important villains missing and the last season of the TV show being cancelled, there's enough evidence to back it up.

On 10/10/2018 at 11:15 AM, TeriXeri said:

Forest and Water monsters were possibly planned, instead of the Rock Monsters and Virus Vampires. Overall I think it would have kept the theme more Fantasy like and varied.

Characters were worked out and have names and artwork, some would need more specialized pieces over others (especially the Tree monsters, and the huge Sea monster too). 

The minifig versions of the Forest and Water monsters would have been nice to have, even if it were just minifig packs.

Printed (books/magazines) and digital media showed things that never made it into Toy form.

Stone Scurriers were possibly changed to Bricksters, and most stone Globlins (at least the disc versions) became Bouldrons.

Overall I still like the theme,

Season 5 of the TV show never was released (Canceled?), so I do hope the comic at least has a proper ending within the next 2 magazines.

The Forest and Water monsters were either scrapped early in the design process or were just put into the Book of Monsters book to flesh it out. The latter is not unprecedented either, as there was speculation at one point that there would be an elves faction in Castle because of an elf figure showing up in a map in the Lego Magazine, but it was reportedly only drawn in to fill up empty space. A shame, too...

Finally reached 3,000 posts! :classic:

7 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Finally reached 3,000 posts! :classic:

Congrats!

No I'm not posting this congratulatory message just to increase my own post count by one and get closer to the title of duke how dare you suggest that I am so insulted! XD

Sorry

Wrong thread. Please delete :classic:

Edited by Robert8

9 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

But Monstrox is the main villain. For him to only show up as a hologram in the last wave is pretty suspicious. Ruina as well; she was revealed to be Clay's mother in Season 4, and there's even a poster floating around that appeared to have a Vampire Ruina figure in it. Between the two most important villains missing and the last season of the TV show being cancelled, there's enough evidence to back it up.

I don't think there's anything at all suspicious about Monstrox only showing up as a hologram in the last wave. For one thing, there's never been any precedent for him showing up as a more traditional minifigure. The first year he only appeared as a book, and the second as a cloud. A hologram is not exactly a downgrade from either of those things.

Furthermore, the idea that his "ultimate form" would be as a physical necromancer ignores that much of the Nexo Knights' effectiveness against him in past waves has been specifically because of their advanced tech and the digital wizardry of Merlok 2.0. Him taking on a comparable form in order to turn the Nexo Knights' own strengths back against them and face down his nemesis Merlok on a level playing field seems like a much more poetic as a "final battle" scenario to me than anything that might come about from him regaining the fleshy body he hasn't had since the theme's distant backstory.

And yeah, sure, Ruina's important. And perhaps she WAS meant to appear in the final wave. That doesn't in any way mean that there was intended to be another wave in addition to the current one. Maybe at some point they planned to have seven sets in the first half 2018 wave instead of six, but for some reason or another they decided six was enough (perhaps connected to the decision to have Robin share a set with Aaron and Jestro share a set with Axl). Maybe they wanted her to appear in one of the already released sets and found that the budget didn't really have room for what they had in mind. Again, the idea of important characters from previous waves being omitted from a theme's final wave is not remotely unheard of, particularly when a theme with so many characters who can be considered important and such a small final wave to fit them into.

I'll just add that I'm still salty about that pathetic excuse for a year 3 Robin figure. The fact that they didn't make him anything new is evidence enough that this wave's budget got slashed. -.-

22 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'll just add that I'm still salty about that pathetic excuse for a year 3 Robin figure. The fact that they didn't make him anything new is evidence enough that this wave's budget got slashed. -.-

Hey, at least Robin got a new figure and face.  I'm still bitter that Ava didn't get an upgrade!

23 minutes ago, Grey Magistrate said:

Hey, at least Robin got a new figure and face. I'm still bitter that Ava didn't get an upgrade!

Yeah, I'll second you there. I feel like she could have replaced Jestro in Axl's Rolling Arsenal, or been packaged in with the Tech Wizard Showdown.

1 hour ago, Grey Magistrate said:

Hey, at least Robin got a new figure and face.  I'm still bitter that Ava didn't get an upgrade!

New figure? It was literally the old figure with longer legs and the new golden armour piece. And that new, one-expression head which barely rates. If you had the budget for one more print, at least make it a new torso print. Or at the very least print the legs. 

10 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

New figure? It was literally the old figure with longer legs and the new golden armour piece. And that new, one-expression head which barely rates. If you had the budget for one more print, at least make it a new torso print. Or at the very least print the legs.

In fairness you could probably get away with using these legs from one of the Samurai X figures, or these legs from the Ultra Agents figures. They both seem to flow pretty closely with Robin's torso print and they've even highlights in the right colors.

Edited by shadefoundry

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Looks like the Overwatch theme's 75975 Watchpoint: Gibraltar includes a completely solid Bright Blue recolor of the Nexo Knights' year two armor for its Pharah minifigure:

That's pretty sweet actually. Can't say I'll be picking up the set since well, Overwatch does nothing for me, but it's still neat so see Nexo Knights specific pieces used in other themes.

Just now, shadefoundry said:

Can't say I'll be picking up the set since well, Overwatch does nothing for me, but it's still neat so see Nexo Knights specific pieces used in other themes.

Exactly! :thumbup: :sweet:

One more magazine in (20) December: 

Minfigure Vanbyter with a scythe.

Poster with 66 more scannable Nexo Powers.

Final comic conclusion of the Story vs the Tech Infection Monstrox.

2DJQTMS.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, shadefoundry said:

@TeriXeri What exactly is the story for the tech infection wave?

Basicly without going too specific:  Recover each of the 7 Merlok Powers in some location, Knighton gets more infected over time , Merlok gets weaker fighting digital Monstrox, and now final portal opened.

Not that much different from the previous 2 waves , but at least they had a TV animated show for the Lava/Stone years.

- Lava monsters :  Books of Evil 

- Stone monsters : Forbidden Powers

Edited by TeriXeri

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Basicly without going too specific:  Recover each of the 7 Merlok Powers in some location, Knighton gets more infected over time , Merlok gets weaker fighting digital Monstrox, and now final portal opened.

Thanks for sharing. Does it say where the portal leads? Also, are there any characters or vehicles introduced that aren't in the sets?

11 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Thanks for sharing. Does it say where the portal leads? Also, are there any characters or vehicles introduced that aren't in the sets?

Basicly ended with a cliffhanger where Clay jumped down the portal into the digital world, and the comic picture on the cover of next magazine has the Tech-Wizard Showdown set mech (set 72004). (Clay used his 70351 Falcon Jet the whole time during this season)

No new major characters or vehicles, just some generic civilians/hover cars that have been used throughout all the series. 

Last year during the stone monsters they had stone scurriers but those never were made into Toy form.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

Image result for and there was much rejoicing

Even as a fan/collector, I think the ending story was a bit boring,  but since it's been written around the last wave of only 6 Tech-Infection sets, they didn't have much material to work with.

Elves also seems to have ended, so onward to some new in-house Castle/Fantasy theme. 

Edited by TeriXeri

Nexo Knights was a great concept that never got the treatment it deserved. Too bad Lego keeps orienting their efforts toward external licencing  : I loved the idea of "Lego" brands like Nexos or Elves. My son was really disappointed to learn the end of the line, and as an 8 y.o. kid did not understand why it got cancelled : "it's so great,why did they cancel it?" ;-)

Lego nexo Knights was a good wave with a rather bad ending. So many ideas that weren't given a chance like the Forest and Sea Monsters. Monstrox only appearing as a Hologram was also bad.

I never thought I'd say this but Chima ended better.. Also isn't it weird that this theme got three years but Bionicle only got two?