You know, the more power shields I look at, the more I think it was a shame that the theme is ending now. I just love the colour scheme and designs for the figures and shield powers. There was some real graphical design talent invested in this theme. Its also too bad that there is never any "Art of" books for themes (like those released for films).

Anywho. I might take a look at that contest too. I do like to build.

3 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

You know, the more power shields I look at, the more I think it was a shame that the theme is ending now. 

What do you suppose that one Classic Space shield design was for, the one pictured on the exterior of that promotional Clay Battle Pod, and that's also @NotMegalodon's profile pic? :shrug_confused:

I just love the colour scheme and designs for the figures and shield powers.

...and, all the the new parts the theme gave us! :classic:

Its also too bad that there is never any "Art of" books for themes (like those released for films).

We of course did see a little bit of developmental concept art for this theme, previewed in the back of the DK Character Encyclopedia; but yeah, a series of books (much like the "Making of" ones for both TLBM and TLNM) entirely devoted to concept art and prototypes for these themes would be simply incredible. 

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Sometimes I don't get TLG :sceptic:

For real! What I want to know is why we even got this wave in the first place if the summer wave and the TV show were completely cancelled. I'm glad that we at least got something, but what was the purpose?

On 5/18/2018 at 10:30 PM, BrickJagger said:

So apparently there's a contest to build the best mech...that's unexpected. Could the "prize" mentioned possibly be an exclusive figure or build of some kind? I image that it wouldn't be the current sets, as they're trying to clear them off the shelves as quickly as possible. 

Already a few nice mechs posted up.  The competition may be tough.

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

What do you suppose that one Classic Space shield design was for, the one pictured on the exterior of that promotional Clay Battle Pod, and that's also @NotMegalodon's profile pic? :shrug_confused:

That's one I wish was made physical.  It would have been perfect for Classic Space builds.

1 minute ago, x105Black said:

That's one I wish was made physical.  It would have been perfect for Classic Space builds.

At least we got a whole lotta Trans. Neon Orange for Ice Planet 2002 MOCs! :grin:

I just saw on Instagram that a helmet-less version of Lance is coming in the next issue of the magazine. Unlike the other two, he also comes with a shield and a Nexo Power. If the magazine doesn't get cancelled, I suspect Clay will follow soon, although I wonder if we'll get Macy as well. I've not watched the show but I know she's meant to have an usual hair style which is why Lego seems hesitant to do a helmet-less version of her, but then the same could be said about Aaron and he got Jay's old one.

14 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

For real! What I want to know is why we even got this wave in the first place if the summer wave and the TV show were completely cancelled. I'm glad that we at least got something, but what was the purpose?

Same here. Also, aren't we missing at least one more Merlock power? I believe it was the "Wand of Merlock", or something similar. This makes me wonder if that was planned for the Summer wave but it was scrapped before it went too far into planning.

42 minutes ago, pawcanada said:

I just saw on Instagram that a helmet-less version of Lance is coming in the next issue of the magazine. Unlike the other two, he also comes with a shield and a Nexo Power. If the magazine doesn't get cancelled, I suspect Clay will follow soon, although I wonder if we'll get Macy as well. I've not watched the show but I know she's meant to have an usual hair style which is why Lego seems hesitant to do a helmet-less version of her, but then the same could be said about Aaron and he got Jay's old one.

Same here. Also, aren't we missing at least one more Merlock power? I believe it was the "Wand of Merlock", or something similar. This makes me wonder if that was planned for the Summer wave but it was scrapped before it went too far into planning.

Staff of Merlok. But yes, we are. And that bothers me. A lot. 

And if we have 't gotten helmetless Macy with an accurate hairstyle, I don't think we ever will. I'm resigned to the fact that part 62696: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=62696&idColor=59#T=S&C=59&O={"color":59,"iconly":0} in Dark Red is as close as we'll ever get. Even though it will only fit if you take off her chest armour. -.-

I say this a big fan of NK, but at this point you have to wonder if it's not better to put the theme completely out of its misery.

As a John Cleese character once said, "It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand"

30 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

I say this a big fan of NK, but at this point you have to wonder if it's not better to put the theme completely out of its misery.

They have.  It is over.  Late, if you ask me.

Change the record,seriously. :hmpf:

Chima Magazine lasted a few issues later than the final wave that was released, I'd imagine something similar to happen with Nexo Knights. Some sort of Final Issue splash on the front page and a note at the back about the other LEGO magazines available. 

12 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Staff of Merlok. But yes, we are. And that bothers me. A lot.

You get it for free in the App, and it's exclusive there, like several of the other powers.

What if we get the classic space nexo power in physical form as an Easter egg sign if we get a third Ninjago City style set? Or even both the classic space nexo power and the staff of Merlok? I think that it would be a neat thing given they two theme share some of the same designers and creators.

4 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

What if we get the classic space nexo power in physical form as an Easter egg sign if we get a third Ninjago City style set? Or even both the classic space nexo power and the staff of Merlok? I think that it would be a neat thing given they two theme share some of the same designers and creators.

You're grasping at straws, mate. Why not just print it out as a sticker and stick it over a spare shield tile?

On 27/05/2018 at 6:54 AM, Nexogeek said:

What if we get the classic space nexo power in physical form as an Easter egg sign if we get a third Ninjago City style set?

They should have done a set with the Classic Space logo on a shield. It would be great to see all the anti-NK people buying NK sets for it.

So around a week back I got my hands on General Magmar's Siege Machine of Doom at a pretty hefty discount. It's my only year 1 NK set and I've gotta say its fantastic. Its so unique and has so much personality to it in the same way that The Three Brothers does, and looking back on the entire line the villain sets as a whole are all pretty great. Here's hoping that the next big bang theme has minifigs and sets that are as awesome as NK's villains did.

8 hours ago, MAB said:

They should have done a set with the Classic Space logo on a shield. It would be great to see all the anti-NK people buying NK sets for it.

I may have, depending on the rest of the set.  It would have been at least a BrickLink purchase (as many Nexo parts have been).

15 hours ago, x105Black said:

It would have been at least a BrickLink purchase (as many Nexo parts have been).

This. The theme had so many great parts but it was a pain to get them from sets since all of the sets containing those parts in certain colours were really garish to look at.

Since the show has been cancelled, would the people who were building Tech Vampire castle MOCs be kind enough to share them here? There were some pretty interesting ideas going around a couple months ago and I know at least two or three people were building castles in LDD. :classic:

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Sure, just, I'm not sure how to share LDD files. Can anyone walk me through it? 

If you use bricklink or google drive. You can post the lxf file there and share it with us.

Next magazine comes with Clay in his 'special' suit (don't know the show context) and a very.. eh... interesting weapon:

How on earth is he supposed to swing that thing? :laugh:

43 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Next magazine comes with Clay in his 'special' suit (don't know the show context) and a very.. eh... interesting weapon:

I don't watch the show but I'd imagine that the physical context is that the year 3 battle suit print is the only version of Clay that we've gotten in set form and it would be a waste for them to print a new torso and legs just for the magazine.

That weapon though is... umm... I mean, I guess you could flip it around and it would be a pretty cool banner for one of his bots to run around with?

Edited by shadefoundry
Fixed a grammatical error.

Its weird how we got a decent amount of new molds for the 2018 wave given that its canceled, why invest in so many theme specific molds if the theme is ending on that wave?

37 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Wow is that one of the most over sized weapon they've included in the magazine. 

8 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Its weird how we got a decent amount of new molds for the 2018 wave given that its canceled, why invest in so many theme specific molds if the theme is ending on that wave?

There's been quite a lot of discussion about this since the theme was cancelled. The general consensus was that there may have been a planned  smaller final wave for year 3 with a vehicle for Macy and a big set for the villains. Of course we don't really know for sure but I doubt that they would have given us so many new theme specific molds for this year if there hadn't at least been plans for a second wave in 2018.

Of course, we'll probably never know for sure, but the new molds have been appreciated regardless.