9 hours ago, MAB said:

Is there any reason Nexo Knights was not mentioned in the themes in the sub-header for this section?

Adventurers, Agents, Alpha Team, Aquazone, Atlantis, Dino 2010 / Dino Attack, Elves, Ninjago, Pharaoh's Quest, Power Miners, Rock Raiders, Time Cruisers

It has been a bigger theme than most of those, was (still is) current, yet doesn't get a mention.

I don't think it's an intentional slight. Chima isn't listed either.

Just now, x105Black said:

I'm OK with it.

:tongue:

Why? Think it should be in the header for the Castle subforum instead? :laugh:

1 hour ago, NotMegalodon said:

Probably never updated since the start of Nexo Knights...

This, more likely than not I'd guess.

Unfortunately, Mark Stafford cannot comment on whether or not there were supposed to be more NK sets. It was worth a try. :shrug_oh_well:

I want to get an overhaul of the forum again soon guys. I'm gonna go necromance the thread I made...

I have a question: Does anyone have a resource of all the NEXO shields or at the very least high res images as I badly want the Axe of Merlok for a t-shirt...

10 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I want to get an overhaul of the forum again soon guys. I'm gonna go necromance the thread I made...

I have a question: Does anyone have a resource of all the NEXO shields or at the very least high res images as I badly want the Axe of Merlok for a t-shirt...

http://www.spyrius.org/nexo/

On 20/2/2018 at 5:37 AM, MAB said:

Is there any reason Nexo Knights was not mentioned in the themes in the sub-header for this section?

Adventurers, Agents, Alpha Team, Aquazone, Atlantis, Dino 2010 / Dino Attack, Elves, Ninjago, Pharaoh's Quest, Power Miners, Rock Raiders, Time Cruisers

It has been a bigger theme than most of those, was (still is) current, yet doesn't get a mention.

Because it's a castle theme :enough:

Edited by Robert8

So here is something as for why we didn’t get a final wave of nexo Knights Sets, Harry Potter. It seems Harry Potter is taking over the castle theme similar to how Star Wars took over space. So there probably was concepts like runa or human monstrux in the works before Lego decided to pull the plug and go with harry potter

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So here is something as for why we didn’t get a final wave of nexo Knights Sets, Harry Potter. It seems Harry Potter is taking over the castle theme similar to how Star Wars took over space. So there probably was concepts like runa or human monstrux in the works before Lego decided to pull the plug and go with harry potter

Stupid Harry Potter. -.-

So, what, they expect us to use Hogwarts Castle as the base for the Virus Vampires? . . Actually, that's kind of an interesting idea . . 

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Eh if that's the true reason why Nexo Knights isn't getting a proper ending and not sales that is a shame for Lego to end a theme early just to make licensed sets. And if it is true here is another case where licensed sets take away from in-house themes 

Oh a little word on the show and kinda the theme, now before I speak of it I do not know if there is any truth to this but a guy in a Nexo Knights fb group said he wrote to Lego regarding the show and the response was they have sets designed as long as the show continues to be made. whether that's true or something someone made up idk but figured worth a mention anyways 

15 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No chance. Nexo is nothing like Harry Potter, in any sense. It's useless comparing the two. Lego would not cancel one last wave of Nexo because of Harry Potter.

Also, Harry Potter is not outright replacing Castle. The same thing was said in 2011. People said that Kingdoms wasn't getting a second wave because of Harry Potter. In 2012, people were talking about LOTR lasting for 5-10 years and Castle being gone for that entire time. As ludicrous as that sounds today, people were dead serious then. The hype around LOTR was enormous and that 2012 and 2013 threads are some of the biggest in this site's history. What happened after that? We got a Castle theme the following year.  Eurobricks never learns and definitive assertions like this only make these threads unreadable. 

Just now, Nexogeek said:

Eh if that's the true reason why Nexo Knights isn't getting a proper ending and not sales that is a shame for Lego to end a theme early just to make licensed sets. And if it is true here is another case where licensed sets take away from in-house themes 

Oh a little word on the show and kinda the theme, now before I speak of it I do not know if there is any truth to this but a guy in a Nexo Knights fb group said he wrote to Lego regarding the show and the response was they have sets designed as long as the show continues to be made. whether that's true or something someone made up idk but figured worth a mention anyways 

Do you have a link for that? I'm skeptical.

1 minute ago, Nexogeek said:

I think it was more due to sales. The in house themes have a harder time keeping up with licenced themes now a days so when Lego got a chance like this they took it

2 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

No chance. Nexo is nothing like Harry Potter, in any sense. It's useless comparing the two. Lego would not cancel one last wave of Nexo because of Harry Potter.

Also, Harry Potter is not outright replacing Castle.

One of the designers of Hogwarts Castle said on here actually that We are going to have to wait a while for the next true castle theme seemingly  confirming that this was due to Harry Potter was taking over the castle part of Lego. So it might not be entirely true that nexo was canceled because of Harry Potter but it’s an idea because of how unfinished nexo Knights seemed to be (ie runa, human monstrux, a missing Merlock power)

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I think it was more due to sales. The in house themes have a harder time keeping up with licenced themes now a days so when Lego got a chance like this they took it

One of the designers of Hogwarts Castle said on here actually that We are going to have to wait a while for the next true castle theme seemingly  confirming that this was due to Harry Potter was taking over the castle part of Lego. So it might not be entirely true that nexo was canceled because of Harry Potter but it’s an idea because of how unfinished nexo Knights seemed to be (ie runa, human monstrux, a missing Merlock power)

I saw that exact same quote. It was incredibly vague and could mean three different things. That's not the kind of stuff you want to build your argument on.

I do think HP could take the place of a "normal" castle theme, but not Nexo Knights.

They have like nothing in common, except for the wizards and wizards in Nexo Knights are holograms. So, not even that fully overlaps with HP

Ok, amidst discussion of reasons why Nexo is cancelled, I’m going to give my thoughts on 2 sets of final wave that I bought : Tech Wizard and Twinfector. The concept of mech  inside a bigger mech is so weird, but this set pulls it off, somehow. Like the version of Clay in this set, but I don’t get why Monstrox is a hologram like Merlock instead of actual minifigure. Overall good but kinda weird set. Teinfector isn’t that good for 20$ set. But minifigures are really cool: new armor and helmets are awesome, and Aaron looks great. But value just isn’t there for this set.

Edited by benderisgreat

Anyone consider using the new tree suit from the police station to make a custom Loggerhead from the book of monsters? If any of you do decide to take pics

Recently picked up the Hover Jouster, Rolling Arsenal, Tech Wzrd Showdown and a King's Guard Bike polybag from 2017 to round out my collection. Some thoughts:

- The Hover Jouster is a really nice set, but it's a little smaller than I expected. Still, I like the concept and it looks nice alongside the others.

- The Rolling Arsenal is better than it appears in the images. It's a little top-heavy but it still rolls well and it has several nice features. The interior can fit up to four fully armored Knighton soldiers when you take out the rover, so I have repurposed it into a type of troop transport. The set is a little pricey for its retail of $60 but I picked it up at 20% off so I can't complain.

- The Knighton Bike is a decent polybag. It rolls well, but it's too close to the ground and the knight can't really "aim" his lance, largely due to the armor piece. Still, it's a nice figure and it looks good flanking the hover-horses. 

I haven't built the Tech Wzrd Showdown yet, I'll post again when I do. I've really enjoyed this line and these might be the last sets I get, barring a possible battlepack if Lego decides to release one somehow. This, however, will be a good opportunity not only to stock up on a few old Castle sets, but to save money:grin:

Edited by BrickJagger

Finally picked up Lord Krakenskull (and his trusty Krakenbeast) along with the Stone Colossus.

A real shame we will never see human Monstrox and all the other concept foresty/wood/watery villains from the first wave BOM.

What appears to be the last NK magazine is just out. Called a "comic special". Usual meh minifig but notably no mention of next issue. Storyline seems to conclude with a final battle against Cloud Monstrox, Garg and Jestro. 

11 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Finally picked up Lord Krakenskull (and his trusty Krakenbeast) along with the Stone Colossus.

A real shame we will never see human Monstrox and all the other concept foresty/wood/watery villains from the first wave BOM.

What appears to be the last NK magazine is just out. Called a "comic special". Usual meh minifig but notably no mention of next issue. Storyline seems to conclude with a final battle against Cloud Monstrox, Garg and Jestro. 

I think that's actually a filler issue, though I don't think it's a minifig, but rather a small bike of some kind (I don't have mine yet, I'll verify when I have my hands on it). Issue 25 isn't due until Mar 28 according to the back of the last issue.

Still it's not a good sign that they are squeezing what sound like comic reprint issues in between the "proper" issues.

Edited by Falctron
Edited to add: It appears the "small bike" is just Lance's Cart again from a previous issue. Seems like they're just trying to get rid of overstock.