40 minutes ago, Falctron said:

X

It'd be nice to see a Ruina AND a general honestly. The InfectoByters are pretty generic, so I'd rather see something a bit more exciting in a Battle Pack. But I doubt it. I think LEGO feels a bit like they already filled the ranks with "generals" with Cezar, Pola, Fred, and Berserker.

Edited to say: I'd love to see human Monstrox in a battle pack.

I wouldn't count Fred as a general. His figure is completely identical to VanByter No. 407. (Or maybe MegaByter - The one from Axl's Rolling Arsenal.) I'm pretty certain he's just a Vampire who didn't want to simply be 'VanByter No. 408' and renamed himself 'Fred'.

Either way, after I got the Twinfector, I swapped out his hands for the white ones on the Berserker torso I'm using for my Human Monstrox figure - that way, I get the double advantage of Monstrox wearing stylish black gloves and Fred being distinguishable from other Vampires by his white hands. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I wouldn't count Fred as a general. His figure is completely identical to VanByter No. 407. (Or maybe MegaByter - The one from Axl's Rolling Arsenal.) I'm pretty certain he's just a Vampire who didn't want to simply be 'VanByter No. 408' and renamed himself 'Fred'.

Either way, after I got the Twinfector, I swapped out his hands for the white ones on the Berserker torso I'm using for my Human Monstrox figure - that way, I get the double advantage of Monstrox wearing stylish black gloves and Fred being distinguishable from other Vampires by his white hands. 

I feel Moltor's Head would work well as human monstrox's head.

5 hours ago, Falctron said:

Sorry for the delay. Here are a few pictures with the aforementioned information:

Mind posting the rest of the comic? Hate reading half a comic without knowing the rest! Lol thanks though for the pictures!

4 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I feel Moltor's Head would work well as human monstrox's head.

Yes, that has been said before. If we're going for Flashback Monstrox, then Moltor's entire body, along with the Dark Red Hood part included in that Ninjago Battle Pack (the one with Skylor) and Year 1 Jestro's cape, as well as maybe some kind of pearl gold shoulder armour, possibly that V-shaped one that was so prevalent in Chima, would make a perfectly serviceable Monstrox. But my objective is to create a Year 3, Virus-ish Monstrox, one that fits the Virus Vampire aesthetic. Which is something that I have stated before. 

7 hours ago, Falctron said:

Sorry for the delay. Here are a few pictures with the aforementioned information:

*SNIP*

Thanks for the pictures! It appears that Berserker is the de facto leader of the VyroByters, given his front-and-center position. Unfortunately he lacks the detail and uniqueness that Magmar and Garg have. That's why I want a regular general figure. :tongue:

We really only have a maximum of one opportunity for Lego to give us new Vyrobyters, and that's through a possible figure pack. Hopefully they don't let us down.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Yes, that has been said before. If we're going for Flashback Monstrox, then Moltor's entire body, along with the Dark Red Hood part included in that Ninjago Battle Pack (the one with Skylor) and Year 1 Jestro's cape, as well as maybe some kind of pearl gold shoulder armour, possibly that V-shaped one that was so prevalent in Chima, would make a perfectly serviceable Monstrox. But my objective is to create a Year 3, Virus-ish Monstrox, one that fits the Virus Vampire aesthetic. Which is something that I have stated before. 

Scarecrow's head from the 2007 batman set could work then

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3626bpb0062&colorID=118&in=A

10 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Scarecrow's head from the 2007 batman set could work then

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3626bpb0062&colorID=118&in=A

Not bad, but the stitching pattern across the mouth doesn't work for me. Besides, I already have something for the head;

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1400&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

It's sand green, not fluorescent green, so it's not perfect, but at times like this, you just have to overlook the little things like shades of green. And that laugh, with the pronounced eyebrows and the tongue, is totally Monstrox. XD

I have to give LEGO credit.  The way they design the villains here makes multiple torso designs fit well with the single legs that they've created.  One more of each could shake things up a lot.  If they do create a "General" character, those parts should work well if swapped with the torsos or legs that already exist.

Normally, I don't like the emphasis on full body printing, but I have to appreciate the way that these are so interchangeable and work so well together.

Well, there is one option for more variants on the 'standard' Virus Vampire that no one's considered yet (to my knowledge);

https://imgur.com/RlxPgU9

https://imgur.com/H6rVsva

That's right; the gunmetal armour parts they made last year for the Vermillion work gloriously with the Vampires. It's a shame I won't get Berserker Bomber until tomorrow; I'd have loved to try Berserker's unique face, which I already thought looked very snake-like, with these parts. If it works well, we might not even need a general figure; I can just buy a second Berserker Bomber (something I was considering regardless), slap the armour on him and switch out the torso, and call him "SnakeByter". That'll be cool. 

Also, here’s my current model for Monstrox;

https://imgur.com/9X8OSto

I’m less than satisfied with the fact that he uses the same legs, though, and I’m looking for something to replace them with . . the legs on that new Black Widow figure for Avengers Infinity War look promising, mind. I’ll definitely try them when the sets get released.

17 hours ago, Falctron said:

Oh man, that Scarecrow head would be fantastic for my Mushlord custom.

Agreed that that would be fantastic for a custom Mushlord, but what are you planning to use for the top of his head? A chef's hat painted red?

Edited by DraikNova

Look I love star wars, but Lego doing an in-house theme speaks to that 12 year old in me.

I can only HOPE and DREAM that one day Lego will return to an in-house Space line.

Is it just me, or has licensed products destroyed the toy industry, not in terms of money making, but in terms of crippling originality, creativity and pure childlike sci-fi joy. Maybe video games did it, maybe something else... either way I am not happy. But I am a child of the 70s and 80s, the virtual TOP POINT of toys and toys production.

11 minutes ago, skippyfontainne said:

Look I love star wars, but Lego doing an in-house theme speaks to that 12 year old in me.

I can only HOPE and DREAM that one day Lego will return to an in-house Space line.

Is it just me, or has licensed products destroyed the toy industry, not in terms of money making, but in terms of crippling originality, creativity and pure childlike sci-fi joy. Maybe video games did it, maybe something else... either way I am not happy. But I am a child of the 70s and 80s, the virtual TOP POINT of toys and toys production.

Having fond memories of in-house lego themes when I was younger I agree that something with licensed themes may be taking away from in-house ones. Growing up with Power Miners, Atlantis, Space Police, Agents (and Agents 2.0), Alien Conquest and Monster Fighters seeing that most in-house themes are City, Friends, and Creator and what little action and adventure themes we get are based on some form of media is kinda disappointing. I miss the one off, one to two year action themes that weren't centered around a form a media. Maybe one day we will see more in-house action and adventure themes like we use to till then I guess we have to make the best out of what we do get!

22 hours ago, DraikNova said:

Agreed that that would be fantastic for a custom Mushlord, but what are you planning to use for the top of his head? A chef's hat painted red?

I was planning on using a printed mushroom top 2x2 radar dish for his head. Still working out how to make his sword though.

1 hour ago, skippyfontainne said:

I think it's a lot of different things. Being a dad myself now, I can see kids feeling pressure to stop playing with toys at an earlier and earlier age. There is a lot more competing with kids' attention as well. My kids are perfectly content not even playing video games, but just watching others play them on YouTube.

As for myself, it was Pirates, Space Police, and Black Knights that truely started my LEGO fascination (and if I'm being honest, Fabuland several years prior to that). So I'd love to see in-house Space, Castle, and Pirate lines. I just think that if they made money, they would already be on the shelves like City is.

I personally don't think that Star Wars is why we don't have a Space line. There were Space lines for years after LEGO started making Star Wars sets. I think a Generic Space line doesn't appeal to kids nowadays. I do think that LEGO could come up with a Space-Based IP that kids would buy, but it needs to appeal to them and have a strong marketing strategy like Bionicle and Ninjago did at launch.

On 15/02/2018 at 8:11 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, there is one option for more variants on the 'standard' Virus Vampire that no one's considered yet (to my knowledge);

https://imgur.com/RlxPgU9

https://imgur.com/H6rVsva

That's right; the gunmetal armour parts they made last year for the Vermillion work gloriously with the Vampires. It's a shame I won't get Berserker Bomber until tomorrow; I'd have loved to try Berserker's unique face, which I already thought looked very snake-like, with these parts. If it works well, we might not even need a general figure; I can just buy a second Berserker Bomber (something I was considering regardless), slap the armour on him and switch out the torso, and call him "SnakeByter". That'll be cool. 

Also, here’s my current model for Monstrox;

https://imgur.com/9X8OSto

I’m less than satisfied with the fact that he uses the same legs, though, and I’m looking for something to replace them with . . the legs on that new Black Widow figure for Avengers Infinity War look promising, mind. I’ll definitely try them when the sets get released.

On a somewhat lighter note; I got the Berserker Bomber and tested the Vermillion armour pieces with Berserker's alternate face, and . . SnakeByte is in the house!

https://imgur.com/2MnLldK

Seriously, it's great. The helmet and armour parts, when fitted together, completely obscure all of the white while leaving the four green eyes and grill mouth visible; and if you look at it right, the mouth even looks kind of like it has fangs! It's so perfect! We have a custom, easy-to-make Vampire general minifig; whoo!

5 hours ago, skippyfontainne said:

For the time that Star Wars is still prevalent in cinematic media, I think that most ideas for an in-house theme that have a setting in space might be seen as treading on Star Wars' territory, hence why we might not see such a line for the time. :sceptic:

5 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

I miss the one off, one to two year action themes that weren't centered around a form a media.

Same here, as I really hope that Lego hasn't completely abandoned that as a model. Sometimes, I wonder if TLG has currently set Ninjago and company as a standard to be met for in-house lines. :look:

3 hours ago, Falctron said:

I personally don't think that Star Wars is why we don't have a Space line. There were Space lines for years after LEGO started making Star Wars sets.

Besides 2001's Life on MarsMars Mission was only seen after 2005's Revenge of the Sith had been released, about two years after the fact. And then two years after the last Space theme, Galaxy Squad, Disney cranked the Star Wars machine back to life.*

If you think about it, Disney's acquirement of Lucasfilm was only three months after Lego's release of the second and last wave of Galaxy Squad sets.

3 hours ago, Falctron said:

I do think that LEGO could come up with a Space-Based IP that kids would buy, but it needs to appeal to them and have a strong marketing strategy like Bionicle and Ninjago did at launch.

I strongly think that a mining based Space theme could work in this current Star Wars dominated environment. In other words, it would be Power Miners on a different planet, but its grounded setting would set it apart from Star Wars in resemblance. Besides, we're long overdue for a successor to Power Miners.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Besides 2001's Life on MarsMars Mission was only seen after 2005's Revenge of the Sith had been released, about two years after the fact. And then two years after the last Space theme, Galaxy Squad, Disney cranked the Star Wars machine back to life.*

While I am actually surprised because I didn't realize how big of a gap there was between Life on Mars and Mars Mission, it doesn't change the fact that Mars Mission, Space Police, Alien Invasion, and Galaxy Squad all ran parallel to Star Wars, and I am of the opinion that their lack of long-lasting success had little to do with Star Wars existing.

I don't place much value in the "only one sci-fi line" theory for Space sets lack of popularity. Were there no Star Wars sets to buy, I don't think kids would have picked up Space Police in any greater number.

I think if anything, LEGO should be chasing Star Wars' current popularity by following the same ragtag team in outer space fighting against an oppressive galactic force. It doesn't have to mimic Star Wars exactly, in fact, I would follow their Ninjago formula again with 5 archetypical hero dance. I think it has more to do with an exciting marketing push including a half-decent tv show, than trying to fill the shelves with exactly one kind of space LEGO.

6 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

Having fond memories of in-house lego themes when I was younger I agree that something with licensed themes may be taking away from in-house ones. Growing up with Power Miners, Atlantis, Space Police, Agents (and Agents 2.0), Alien Conquest and Monster Fighters seeing that most in-house themes are City, Friends, and Creator and what little action and adventure themes we get are based on some form of media is kinda disappointing. I miss the one off, one to two year action themes that weren't centered around a form a media. Maybe one day we will see more in-house action and adventure themes like we use to till then I guess we have to make the best out of what we do get!

Well, DC Super Hero Girls only lasted one year. Movies usually only last a year and a half. But I take your point. That said, you can't blame them for building up a group of characters over multiple years. If there's new names, new faces every year, you can't expect kids to remember them. 

25 minutes ago, Falctron said:

While I am actually surprised because I didn't realize how big of a gap there was between Life on Mars and Mars Mission, it doesn't change the fact that Mars Mission, Space Police, Alien Invasion, and Galaxy Squad all ran parallel to Star Wars, and I am of the opinion that their lack of long-lasting success had little to do with Star Wars existing.

None of those themes you mentioned ran parallel to Star Wars while new Star Wars movies were still coming out. That's a key difference between then and now.

But anyway, there's a separate topic for talking about potential future action/adventure themes; we'd better not keep derailing this one to talk about what will/should replace Nexo Knights.

Edited by Aanchir

19 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

None of those themes you mentioned ran parallel to Star Wars while new Star Wars movies were still coming out. That's a key difference between then and now.

Exactly. 

19 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

But anyway, there's a separate topic for talking about potential future action/adventure themes; we'd better not keep derailing this one to talk about what will/should replace Nexo Knights.

That topic though is more of a wishlist-type discussion. Even though you could pitch your own ideas for a successor to Nexo Knights, this topic of @Agent Kallus's posted below is more suited for plausible speculation of the future of action/adventure themes.

And I'd like to invite those who want to talk about space over here:

I wonder how long the Nexo Knight magazine will stick around, and if it still holds anything interesting. I'd love a cheap General Garg...

Yes, please do take it all over to the appropriate threads. Maybe there will be something that can count to us fans as a replacement for Nexo Knights, filling the slot in Action and Adventure. Maybe TLG have plans that fit elsewhere.

5 hours ago, Exetrius said:

And I'd like to invite those who want to talk about space over here:

Thanks for directing everyone over to that topic! :classic: