Now that the theme has wrapped up, what's everyone's favorite vehicle for each knight? For me:

Aaron: The Aero-Striker (Other options are the Stone Destroyer, Aaron's Battle Suit, the Rock Climber, and the X-Bow)

Lance: The Hover Jouster (Other options are the Robo-Horse, Lance's Battle Suit, and the Twin Jouster)

Clay: The Rumble Blade (Other options are the Falcon Fighter Blaster, Clay's Battle Suit, and Clay's Mech)

Axl: The Rolling Arsenal (Other options are the Tower Carrier, Axl's Battle Suit and the Rumble Maker)

Macy: The Bot-Drop Dragon (Other options are the Thunder Mace, the Underminer and Macy's Battle Suit)

29 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Now that the theme has wrapped up, what's everyone's favorite vehicle for each knight? For me:

Aaron: The Aero-Striker (Other options are the Stone Destroyer, Aaron's Battle Suit, the Rock Climber, and the X-Bow)

Lance: The Hover Jouster (Other options are the Robo-Horse, Lance's Battle Suit, and the Twin Jouster)

Clay: The Rumble Blade (Other options are the Falcon Fighter Blaster, Clay's Battle Suit, and Clay's Mech)

Axl: The Rolling Arsenal (Other options are the Tower Carrier, Axl's Battle Suit and the Rumble Maker)

Macy: The Bot-Drop Dragon (Other options are the Thunder Mace, the Underminer and Macy's Battle Suit)

I'm with you on about 40% of that. (Though personally I wouldn't count the Battle Suits.)

I agree that the best vehicles for Axl and Macy were undoubtedly the Rolling Arsenal and Bot Drop Dragon. (Seriously. "Dragon Knight Macy", when her Battle Suit combines with Hotspur, is one of the best things to come out of the theme.)

However, I would argue that while the Rumble Blade was good, Clay's Wizard Mech is just a little bit better. Just because I love that 'battle suit for a battle suit' idea. I'm so glad we got something that cool before the theme ended. Especially since it works retroactively - Clay spent a significant portion of Season 3 stomping around in his Battle Suit, so it only makes sense for him to have a Battle Suit compatible vehicle. I just wish we'd gotten the Wizard Mech in Year 2 and the Falcon Fighter in Year 3, because it barely even appeared in the show due to the fact that it wasn't Battle Suit compatible.

As for Aaron, I think the unfortunately-named Rock Climber was the best. Most of the other vehicles could split in two. The Rock Climber could split in three. (Sure, it's nothing compared to the Rumble Blade which could split in four, but still.) I don't get it's name - how is that thing supposed to climb anything? - but it just works for me in a way the Aero Striker V2 doesn't. And don't even mention the massive waste of parts the X-Bow was. That thing was a massive disappointment in a wave where every set counted. 

Finallt, Lance, and this is where I disagree most strongly. The Hover Jouster was the weakest of his vehicles; small, limited play value, practically a glorified parts pack. I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I think the Mecha Horse was his best vehicle; I know transforming features are overdone (at least, they were at the time, since this one came on the heels of Chima, a theme full of transformation features) but it's a good concept, and the model was full of interesting parts. (Plus, in Year 2 I modded it so that a Battle Suit could ride it like a to-scale horse, which was awesome. Good times.)

46 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

For each knight? I don't think I can quite answer that, but at least my top two favorite sets of the entire theme still are 70315 Clay's Rumble Blade and 70327 The King's Mech.

12 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I've fallen behind on the series so for all I know it might feel like a natural story development (it does fit with Clay's established "orphan with a mysterious past" backstory), but I'm still a little bummed that Ava didn't go on to become Merlok's magical apprentice. I loved how well she and Merlok played off each other, with one being a wise old wizard who prefers traditional magic and the other being a young whiz kid who prefers modern technology, and the two having to learn to appreciate each other's strengths to support the knights. I would have loved to see Ava become some kind of technomage. Instead, she seems to have been left out of this year's sets entirely…

I do agree Ava deserves better, I hope we see an older Ava figure to match Robin's 2018 variant somewhere in the future. It's unlikely, I know. But crazier things have happened...

3 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I agree on all counts with the exception of Lance's vehicle. My favorite is a little bit of a cheat, but it's Lance's Battle Suit + Lance vs. Lightning. Centaur Mech Lance is among my favorite things to come from the theme.

Also, I should point out that Robin appears to be a knight now as well, so he should be counted as well, though the obvious set for him is the Black Knight Mech (with the other options being the Mini-Fortrex and his Battle Suit from the Build Your Own Adventure book.

14 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I agree with all of them except Axl and Macy, choosing the Tower Carrier and Thunder Mace instead.  I think the Rumble Blade may have been the best designed set of the series.  As a kid I could see myself wielding those as vehicles but also as a sword, hammer, and two little grenades.  Pretty cool feature.  Also why I liked the Thunder Mace more.

I got my copy of the Nexo Knights magazine today, and since a lot of information on this wave is kind of lacking, I thought I'd share some of the info, along with my thoughts with anyone who is interested.

* Monstrox 2.0 refers to the whole group as well as the individual grunt troops as his "InfectoByters." They use their fangs to drain energy from electrical appliances.

* They were an ancient race of vampires that Monstrox has "digitally updated." I was kind of hoping that they were infected King's Guard in the same way that the magazine confirms the CyberByters are infected squirebots.

* The bugs that the InfectoByters fire from stud shooters are simply called "critters."

* Judging by the box art, I thought that Knighton was going to be decimated and the Nexo Knights were trying to restore it, but after reading the comic, it seems more likely that it is a computer system that is a "mirror image of Knighton." It seems that somehow the Nexo Knights will travel into this mirror world to find the remaining Merlok Powers.

* In the comic at least it still seems that the issue of who the Nexo Knights current leader is is still up for debate.

Hopefully this information will be backed up and expanded upon in a final season of the cartoon.

11 minutes ago, Falctron said:

I got my copy of the Nexo Knights magazine today, and since a lot of information on this wave is kind of lacking, I thought I'd share some of the info, along with my thoughts with anyone who is interested.

* Monstrox 2.0 refers to the whole group as well as the individual grunt troops as his "InfectoByters." They use their fangs to drain energy from electrical appliances.

* They were an ancient race of vampires that Monstrox has "digitally updated." I was kind of hoping that they were infected King's Guard in the same way that the magazine confirms the CyberByters are infected squirebots.

* The bugs that the InfectoByters fire from stud shooters are simply called "critters."

* Judging by the box art, I thought that Knighton was going to be decimated and the Nexo Knights were trying to restore it, but after reading the comic, it seems more likely that it is a computer system that is a "mirror image of Knighton." It seems that somehow the Nexo Knights will travel into this mirror world to find the remaining Merlok Powers.

* In the comic at least it still seems that the issue of who the Nexo Knights current leader is is still up for debate.

Hopefully this information will be backed up and expanded upon in a final season of the cartoon.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I don't have the magazine, could you possibly upload some screenshots of the more relevant information? :classic:

The mirror image thing is not what I was expecting. I'm pleasantly surprised by that, and I hope that we see a satisfying end to this story, whether it is in the magazine or the show.

25 minutes ago, Falctron said:

Aww, really? And here I've been thinking of him as "Monstrox Beta". XD

And this mirror image thing certainly seems interesting . . kind of disappointed that we aren't seeing a post-apocalyptic Knighton, but shadow world mirror dimension stuff works too. 

And an updated race of ancient vampires. That's almost disappointing; after two waves of ancient monsters, I was really hoping the Virus Vampires would be robots or cyborgs that were manufactured like the Nindroids. (But now I'm really curious about Berserker, Pola and Fred.)

6 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Aww, really? And here I've been thinking of him as "Monstrox Beta". XD

And this mirror image thing certainly seems interesting . . kind of disappointed that we aren't seeing a post-apocalyptic Knighton, but shadow world mirror dimension stuff works too. 

And an updated race of ancient vampires. That's almost disappointing; after two waves of ancient monsters, I was really hoping the Virus Vampires would be robots or cyborgs that were manufactured like the Nindroids. (But now I'm really curious about Berserker, Pola and Fred.)

A post-apocalyptic Knighton with undead villains would of been perfect given the fact Monstrox is a necromancer to bad we may never see such an idea happen

26 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I don't have the magazine, could you possibly upload some screenshots of the more relevant information? :classic:

The mirror image thing is not what I was expecting. I'm pleasantly surprised by that, and I hope that we see a satisfying end to this story, whether it is in the magazine or the show.

The mirror image thing seems interesting for sure, wonder how that will be played off in the show? Does either Merlok and Clay cast a spell sending the Knights into this mirror image reality of a digital Knighton to recover the Merlok powers or will they play it off as something else? This whole mirror image different reality thing sounds so good for it to be the end I could only image where that could of led far down the line if the theme wasn't ending 

45 minutes ago, Falctron said:

One of the writers who worked on the rough draft of the next themes concept already confirmed to me that Clay most likely won't be the leader due to him focusing on his wizard training

Also by any chance is there anything about Ruina in it? Can you post clear images of the comics and info?

Using the parallel dimensions is an interesting concept.  Nexo Knights is already an alternate universe version of Castle or Space.

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Is there any chance that we might still get a polybag or something with Ruina?

Not likely. Exclusive figs are pretty rare in polybags in general, and that goes double for a theme that's on the way out (since those kinds of promos mostly exist to promote interest in a theme, a losing battle for a theme that's waning in popularity). The same goes for other sorts of sources for one-off figs, like books or DVDs. Several Nexo Knights books have already been cancelled either in certain regions or in general, so it's unrealistic to expect any more guidebooks that might come with an exclusive fig. And while DVDs occasionally include a minifigure, it's usually for bigger movies or licensed specials rather than a theme like Nexo Knights.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Not likely. Exclusive figs are pretty rare in polybags in general, and that goes double for a theme that's on the way out (since those kinds of promos mostly exist to promote interest in a theme, a losing battle for a theme that's waning in popularity). The same goes for other sorts of sources for one-off figs, like books or DVDs. Several Nexo Knights books have already been cancelled either in certain regions or in general, so it's unrealistic to expect any more guidebooks that might come with an exclusive fig. And while DVDs occasionally include a minifigure, it's usually for bigger movies or licensed specials rather than a theme like Nexo Knights.

What were the books that were canceled? 

47 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

What were the books that were canceled? 

The Book of Monstrox was never published in the U.S., and as far as I'm aware only the first book in the Knights Academy chapter book series for young readers was published at all. There may have been others as well.

Certain regions; yes; most, but not all were released in The Netherlands, the ones still forthcoming probably never will. I did get The Book Of Monstrox, because my son really likes the first Book Of Monsters. I'm not sure which ones that would be, since i did see the book with minifig wizard Merlok some time ago.

Edited by NotMegalodon

Found a video on youtube of a new 2018 Nexo Knights activity book (it's not in English) but it comes with the new Clay with a built up sword. 

What are the chances that we get a figure pack for the VyroByters in the same vein as the Lava and Stone Monsters? I've seen plenty of themes that were on the way out get a figure pack after their discontinuation was announced, hopefully that happens for Nexo too. 

5 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

What are the chances that we get a figure pack for the VyroByters in the same vein as the Lava and Stone Monsters? I've seen plenty of themes that were on the way out get a figure pack after their discontinuation was announced, hopefully that happens for Nexo too. 

I hope we get one for the tech vampires and generic guards, and if we do for it to be four figures for 12.99 and not three, If we do get one whats the chances that is how they release Ruina? 

49 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

I hope we get one for the tech vampires and generic guards, and if we do for it to be four figures for 12.99 and not three, If we do get one whats the chances that is how they release Ruina? 

I'd love that, but I don't think we should count on it. Remember, Ruina doesn't have standard legs, she has the 2x2x2 slope piece for a 'dress'. I've never seen an minifigure like that in a Battle pack . . . still, we can hope. We deserve that much, after they cancelled the last wave!

52 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

I don't think we would get Runia in a set like that. I do however think that it would be likely that we would get the "General" of the Vampires in that pack, complete with a new printed head. Four figures would make the set $14.99 but it seems that Lego has moved towards the $12.99 packs.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that there is no set release schedule for these kinds of packs, as in they aren't developed a year in advance like regular sets are. Hopefully Lego throws us a bone and gives us one of these.

Edited by BrickJagger

7 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

I don't think we would get Runia in a set like that. I do however think that it would be likely that we would get the "General" of the Vampires in that pack, complete with a new printed head. Four figures would make the set $14.99 but it seems that Lego has moved towards the $12.99 packs.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that there is no set release schedule for these kinds of packs, as in they aren't developed a year in advance like regular sets are. Hopefully Lego throws us a bone and gives us one of these.

Oh, now that's a possibility that I like. And here I expected to have to design a homebrew general. Now, if only they'd make Robin's TLBM hairpiece in purple . . . or just more purple wigs in general . . .

18 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh, now that's a possibility that I like. And here I expected to have to design a homebrew general. Now, if only they'd make Robin's TLBM hairpiece in purple . . . or just more purple wigs in general . . .

I mean, I certainly wouldn't rule it out. I don't think I've ever seen a new mold in a figure pack but TLG has included new prints in the past. In last year's Knighton pack the knights had new leg, torso and head printing. I think a "General" figure could get the same treatment.

On 2/9/2018 at 5:50 PM, BrickJagger said:

Sorry for the delay. Here are a few pictures with the aforementioned information:

Nexo Knights 24Nexo Knights 24Nexo Knights 24Nexo Knights 24Nexo Knights 24Nexo Knights 24Nexo Knights 24Nexo Knights 24Nexo Knights 24Nexo Knights 24Nexo Knights 24

X

On 2/11/2018 at 5:07 PM, BrickJagger said:

I mean, I certainly wouldn't rule it out. I don't think I've ever seen a new mold in a figure pack but TLG has included new prints in the past. In last year's Knighton pack the knights had new leg, torso and head printing. I think a "General" figure could get the same treatment.

It'd be nice to see a Ruina AND a general honestly. The InfectoByters are pretty generic, so I'd rather see something a bit more exciting in a Battle Pack. But I doubt it. I think LEGO feels a bit like they already filled the ranks with "generals" with Cezar, Pola, Fred, and Berserker.

Edited to say: I'd love to see human Monstrox in a battle pack.

Edited by Falctron