8 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

it essentially takes the "Nexo" out of Nexo Knights.

Thats what makes it a great idea!

8 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

It just doesn't make sense from a branding perspective to try to turn Nexo Knights as a theme into something it isn't, as opposed to just creating a new Castle theme that can exist as its own entity from square one.

And this is a good point as well.

Edited by x105Black

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

I fail to see how this would work. Don't get me wrong—as a story alone, it works fine within the context of what Nexo Knights has established about its backstory and characters. But as a toyline, it essentially takes the "Nexo" out of Nexo Knights. It's so thoroughly at odds with Nexo Knights' core brand identity that I would be seriously surprised if it caught on with most of Nexo Knights' existing fanbase. People who bought into the theme solely for its characters and story might take an interest. But it'd offer very little appeal to people who were first drawn in by unique sets like the Fortrex that caught their eye. The latter group is most likely much, much larger than the former, and probably tends to buy more of the actual sets than them as well.

It just doesn't make sense from a branding perspective to try to turn Nexo Knights as a theme into something it isn't, as opposed to just creating a new Castle theme that can exist as its own entity from square one.

Depends on how one views the Nexo aspect, one could view it as their tech, the other could view it as Merlok and Clay's magic. If you view it as their magic then it wouldn't be that off since Merlok and Clay would still have magic. Personally I don't feel its that far off from the story and who's to say it couldn't bring unique sets that still have the same style as all the knights vehicles before it just with a little mid-evil twist. 

One way to pull that off while retaining the "Nexoness" of the theme would be to give the knights vehicles based around carriages and siege engines with a touch of tech influences. Make the color palette gold, gray, brown and dark gray instead of the current neon colors and emphasis the medieval elements of the build rather than the sci-fi aspects. Any other regular medieval builds, such as an old Knighton Castle, could have transformable features (for when Clay or Merlok uses magic on them) but look like regular buildings at first glance. The Knighton Knights themselves could also just be regular human soldiers. I think that would be a nice compromise to satisfy most sides of this argument.

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

give the knights vehicles based around carriages and siege engines with a touch of tech influences.

Oh god no.

:pir-murder:

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

One way to pull that off while retaining the "Nexoness" of the theme would be to give the knights vehicles based around carriages and siege engines with a touch of tech influences. Make the color palette gold, gray, brown and dark gray instead of the current neon colors and emphasis the medieval elements of the build rather than the sci-fi aspects. Any other regular medieval builds, such as an old Knighton Castle, could have transformable features (for when Clay or Merlok uses magic on them) but look like regular buildings at first glance. The Knighton Knights themselves could also just be regular human soldiers. I think that would be a nice compromise to satisfy most sides of this argument.

Maybe we'd see an actual, living horse for once? XD

3 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Maybe we'd see an actual, living horse for once? XD

Now you're talking.

I'm sure Lance would be confused about why it isn't transforming...

Just now, x105Black said:

Now you're talking.

I'm sure Lance would be confused about why it isn't transforming...

Now that would be funny to watch 

I don't think time travel needs to be involved at all to pull this off. I've already decided that for my personal Castle timeline, Nexo Knights takes place in between the Golden Castle era and the 80s faction era.

The heroes defeat Monstrox's tech infection, but at a terrible cost. The virus has rendered the technology Knighton has come to rely on unusable, plunging the kingdom into a new dark age.

The kingdom is now too large to be ruled by Hapert without the tech infrastructure he formerly used to rule it, so for their bravery, each of the knights are given an area to rule and defend. These lands ultimately become the factions.

Clay's lands near Dnullib become the Black Falcons, Macy's lands grow and split to become the Black Knights and the Dragon Masters, Aaron's lands fall into hardship and the remnants become the Wolfpack, Axl's lands are ultimately lost leading his descendant Cedric the Bull to wage war against King Leo, the successor to King Halpert, and Lance's lands fade into obscurity and legend until an unlikely knight, Sir Kentis, follows King Jayko in the final assault against the shadow Knight Vladek.

Seems like a good fit to me.

I think this thread is to discuss the 2018 wave, so I started another one to discuss about the cancellation :classic:

I personally never thought of the knights as regular knights, but invaders from space that took over everything and the monsters were the inhabitants of the medeval fantasy land the Nexo Knights took over.

2 hours ago, Falctron said:

I don't think time travel needs to be involved at all to pull this off. I've already decided that for my personal Castle timeline, Nexo Knights takes place in between the Golden Castle era and the 80s faction era.

The heroes defeat Monstrox's tech infection, but at a terrible cost. The virus has rendered the technology Knighton has come to rely on unusable, plunging the kingdom into a new dark age.

The kingdom is now too large to be ruled by Hapert without the tech infrastructure he formerly used to rule it, so for their bravery, each of the knights are given an area to rule and defend. These lands ultimately become the factions.

Clay's lands near Dnullib become the Black Falcons, Macy's lands grow and split to become the Black Knights and the Dragon Masters, Aaron's lands fall into hardship and the remnants become the Wolfpack, Axl's lands are ultimately lost leading his descendant Cedric the Bull to wage war against King Leo, the successor to King Halpert, and Lance's lands fade into obscurity and legend until an unlikely knight, Sir Kentis, follows King Jayko in the final assault against the shadow Knight Vladek.

Seems like a good fit to me.

That's an interesting take.

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I personally never thought of the knights as regular knights, but invaders from space that took over everything and the monsters were the inhabitants of the medeval fantasy land the Nexo Knights took over.

This is more how Nexo Knights felt to me.

3 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

What if these invaders from space were originally from the same place and had just spent many years in space before coming home finding the new inhabitants. Oh wait a minute, that's the story behind Planet of the Apes.

This is all well and good, but Nexo Knights has left a hole only a physical Mushlord could fill. 

Also I wish there were other monsters made, physical or not. Air/wind monsters, chaos monsters (darkness), sand monsters, etc.

And maybe other heroes or something, like the Tighty Knighties, except they actually fight and save people. 

Edited by Boogly22238

53 minutes ago, Boogly22238 said:

This is all well and good, but Nexo Knights has left a hole only a physical Mushlord could fill. 

Also I wish there were other monsters made, physical or not. Air/wind monsters, chaos monsters (darkness), sand monsters, etc.

And maybe other heroes or something, like the Tighty Knighties, except they actually fight and save people. 

All true.

I would have loved to see them do what their competitors did with Nick Knights:

maxresdefault.jpgLego_SY_Nick_Knights_Dinosaur.jpg
I would have bought them if they were real LEGO...

Heh, I did do an all-LEGO Crust Smasher pteranodon rider inspired by the Nick Knights. That concept is one of the times where the bootleggers had a better idea than LEGO.

I wonder if the designers created vehicles for the forest and sea monsters as concept builds/drawings, would of been neat to see some kind of ice/snow monsters cause isn't there a snowy region on the Knighton map?

37 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

I wonder if the designers created vehicles for the forest and sea monsters as concept builds/drawings, would of been neat to see some kind of ice/snow monsters cause isn't there a snowy region on the Knighton map?

Naah. That would cramp Elsa, and more importantly Marshmallow, 's style over in Disney. 

On an unrelated note, you know what I really wish they'd done?

A corrupted version of Chef Eclair. He could have had an evil moustache, and a, and a black chef hat!

NOTHING SAYS EVIL LIKE A BLACK CHEF HAT. No arguments.

9 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

On an unrelated note, you know what I really wish they'd done?

A corrupted version of Chef Eclair. He could have had an evil moustache, and a, and a black chef hat!

NOTHING SAYS EVIL LIKE A BLACK CHEF HAT. No arguments.

That would of been awesome to of gotten in Axl's Rolling Arsenal 

Once again next to Chima and Ninjago another series ends and leaves us with important figures that were never made...
Like NORMAL LOOKING JESTRO ARGHHHHHH
Man I had a great dream with Nexo knights Water theme where every knight besides AXL get a Animal shaped boat...

Still I enjoyed (and still enjoy) this theme - it gave us a lot of great castle and space related pieces including great pieces for custom minifigs like elementals, tech warriors, small robots...
And at least we get BATTLE QUEEN <3

Edited by Lordofdragonss

So, the new year stock finally showed up in my local retailers, and my top priority was 72004 Tech Wizard Showdown. Now that I've got it, I've noticed two things that others seem to overlook. 

Firstly, the big mech is actually designed so that Merlok or Monstrox' respective holograms can be detached from their pedestals and placed inside the cockpit in place of Clay's battle suit, which is why there's that round 2x2 jumper stud on the 'seat'. (I'll note that it works better with Monstrox, because his hologram's head is at exactly the right height to peek out through the gap between the chestplate and the visor - though I prefer to leave the visor ratcheted open by one slot for that configuration, so that Monstrox' head is more visible. Meanwhile, if you put Merlok in there, it makes him look somewhat short.) I don't think any of the reviews I've seen have touched on this, so it's a shame that this little detail is being overlooked, because something about Monstrox taking over Clay's battle suit really appeals to me. (Now I kind of want to build a copy in the Vampire colour scheme. Maybe if and when the sword and nexogon parts are remade in appropriate colours.)

And secondly, I don't think that the Clay minifigure in the battle suit was supposed to be Clay in his actual armour. He looks vastly different to the other Knights (not that I have them in hand yet, but I've seen pictures), and, if anything, his costume there makes me think more of a 'wizard's robe' than of armour. I think that this might be another victim of the cancelled second wave, that this Clay might be designed as a Merlok-Powered, awakened wizard, version of the special suits the Knights were wearing in their Battle Suits last year and the actual armour version of Clay was going to be in one of the second wave sets that got canned. (After all, it makes sense that they'd put Clay and Ruina/Wanda in the same set.) If that's true, it's kind of disappointing. 

Thoughts, everyone?

On 07/02/2018 at 7:31 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

And secondly, I don't think that the Clay minifigure in the battle suit was supposed to be Clay in his actual armour. He looks vastly different to the other Knights (not that I have them in hand yet, but I've seen pictures), and, if anything, his costume there makes me think more of a 'wizard's robe' than of armour. I think that this might be another victim of the cancelled second wave, that this Clay might be designed as a Merlok-Powered, awakened wizard, version of the special suits the Knights were wearing in their Battle Suits last year and the actual armour version of Clay was going to be in one of the second wave sets that got canned. (After all, it makes sense that they'd put Clay and Ruina/Wanda in the same set.) If that's true, it's kind of disappointing. 

Thoughts, everyone?

Clay's unique outfit in that set actually makes sense in the context of the plot. Don’t know if this is a spoiler, but just in case, Nexo Knights Season 4/5 spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

The twist at the end of season 4 is that Clay is actually descent from a witch (Wanda/Ruina) meaning he himself has magic powers similar to Merlok. The last episode implies Clay must give up his role as a knight in Season 5 and adopt the role of sorcerer. Why he still wears the helmet is beyond me however. 

So sadly that means we may miss out on a Clay figure that matches the rest of the knights in this wave :cry_sad:

That’s just my theory though. Could be wrong.

Edited by Tobias_Jay

3 hours ago, Tobias_Jay said:

Clay's unique outfit in that set actually makes sense in the context of the plot. Don’t know if this is a spoiler, but just in case, Nexo Knights Season 4/5 spoilers ahead:

Reveal hidden contents

The twist at the end of season 4 is that Clay is actually descent from a witch (Wanda/Ruina) meaning he himself has magic powers similar to Merlok. The last episode implies Clay must give up his role as a knight in Season 5 and adopt the role of sorcerer. Why he still wears the helmet is beyond me however. 

So sadly that means we may miss out on a Clay figure that matches the rest of the knights in this wave :cry_sad:

That’s just my theory though. Could be wrong.

I've fallen behind on the series so for all I know it might feel like a natural story development (it does fit with Clay's established "orphan with a mysterious past" backstory), but I'm still a little bummed that Ava didn't go on to become Merlok's magical apprentice. I loved how well she and Merlok played off each other, with one being a wise old wizard who prefers traditional magic and the other being a young whiz kid who prefers modern technology, and the two having to learn to appreciate each other's strengths to support the knights. I would have loved to see Ava become some kind of technomage. Instead, she seems to have been left out of this year's sets entirely…

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

I've fallen behind on the series so for all I know it might feel like a natural story development (it does fit with Clay's established "orphan with a mysterious past" backstory), but I'm still a little bummed that Ava didn't go on to become Merlok's magical apprentice. I loved how well she and Merlok played off each other, with one being a wise old wizard who prefers traditional magic and the other being a young whiz kid who prefers modern technology, and the two having to learn to appreciate each other's strengths to support the knights. I would have loved to see Ava become some kind of technomage. Instead, she seems to have been left out of this year's sets entirely…

While i agree with wishing Ava became his apprentice, and for all we know maybe she will be in season 5 (highly unlikely as it would take away from the main plot) But it does make since for Clay to become Merlok's magical apprentice for the fact Merlok is Clay's uncle making their magic be of the same origin (just that Clay's is some of the more powerful magic hes seen) Also had confirmation a while ago from of the writers/designers that Clay is to busy learning magic to be the leader of the knights 

Finally picked up Lord Krakenskull (and his trusty Krakenbeast). No interest in Aaron's "climber" vehicle from the set.

Hopefully the world of custom MFs will at some point soon bring us a human Monstrox and all the other concept foresty/wood/watery villains.