33 minutes ago, Maple said:

There are really just ten pages of 'it's canceled', 'no it's not', 'yes it is', 'no it's not because I say so'?

The theme is dead unless the vampire Borg sets sell super well like what happened with NinjaGo and 'The finale battle'.

No one really thinks that Nexo Knights is going to continue onwards into 2019. Most of the arguments have been over whether or not there'll be a summer wave. 

Always amazed at how pictures of nexo knight sets make them look awful...and yet the physical models are so good. I’m not sure I’ve seen a single set I liked at first...but I’ve now bought virtually everyone.

72004 Tech Wizard Showdown is delightful!

19 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

No one really thinks that Nexo Knights is going to continue onwards into 2019. Most of the arguments have been over whether or not there'll be a summer wave. 

But there are 8-9 pages of just that. I'm new here, but that's insane to me.

30 minutes ago, Maple said:

Not really that insane. Go check out the rumor threads in some of the other sections and you'll see what I mean. Welcome to EB, by the way. :classic:

2 hours ago, Maple said:

{Looks around at everyone else and shrugs} She's got a point, people. This is kinda pathetic. 

11 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

{Looks around at everyone else and shrugs} She's got a point, people. This is kinda pathetic. 

*Cough* He...

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

Fits the theme.

I'll see myself out...

Oh zing!

I guess now might be a bad time to remind everyone that Ninjago also only got a single wave in its third year, only to come back with a vengeance in year four...

Granted, the circumstances of Ninjago's un-cancellation were very particular and I doubt Nexo Knights is in the same boat. But still—maybe let's ease up on the doomsaying. It's not even 2018 yet around the globe and people are already rushing to speculate about what 2019 will bring.

Just picked up a couple of these sets at my local Lego store. Since the beginning, this theme has been great for villain mini figs. I'll continue to buy these sets for the villain mini figs until the eventual return of a proper castle theme. 

13 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I guess now might be a bad time to remind everyone that Ninjago also only got a single wave in its third year, only to come back with a vengeance in year four...

Granted, the circumstances of Ninjago's un-cancellation were very particular and I doubt Nexo Knights is in the same boat. But still—maybe let's ease up on the doomsaying. It's not even 2018 yet around the globe and people are already rushing to speculate about what 2019 will bring.

True, If nexo knights didn't get a summer wave but came back for a 4th year and lasts from there would be neat since the theme has so much potential. We also got to remember this theme is targeted towards seven year old's not AFOL's 

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Which is my point. Let's wait and see how the 5 2018 sets sell. However I think they are DOA. The sales for Nexo have always been huge, stores don't even sell a lot of the sets anymore.

But three years is good for a theme. Time to move on to whatever LEGO comes up with next. As long as the theme isn't replaced by yet another license set.

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

maybe let's ease up on the doomsaying. It's not even 2018 yet around the globe and people are already rushing to speculate about what 2019 will bring.

Well many of us have been waiting since 2014 for a good Castle theme, so doomsaying Nexo Knights and speculating about 2019 is really just a continuation of that.

But fair enough, it's too early to tell anything for sure.  We really just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Which is my point. Let's wait and see how the 5 2018 sets sell. However I think they are DOA. The sales for Nexo have always been huge, stores don't even sell a lot of the sets anymore

I don't know what you're talking about. Where I am, Nexo Knights has always been pretty popular. (With the exception of those 'Ultimate' sets from last year, but they were a pretty weak effort TBH.) I haven't even seen a Battle Suit set on the shelf in months, and I missed out on getting a Heligoyle for myself because I waited too long for a Christmas sale and then they all sold out while I wasn't looking. And when I say 'they all', I don't just mean 'all the Heligoyles'. I mean ALL of my local shops' NK stuff. I remember walking into Kmart and thinking, "Wait, where did all the Nexo Knights go?" because there was just a massive area next to Ninjago and Marvel Super Heroes where the shelves had been picked clean. DOA? They'll be hotcakes. Especially Tech Wizard Showdown and Berserker Bomber (the clear best two of the wave and my top priorities).

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Which is my point. Let's wait and see how the 5 2018 sets sell. However I think they are DOA. The sales for Nexo have always been huge, stores don't even sell a lot of the sets anymore.

But three years is good for a theme. Time to move on to whatever LEGO comes up with next. As long as the theme isn't replaced by yet another license set.

6 sets.

20 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I don't know what you're talking about. Where I am, Nexo Knights has always been pretty popular. (With the exception of those 'Ultimate' sets from last year, but they were a pretty weak effort TBH.) I haven't even seen a Battle Suit set on the shelf in months, and I missed out on getting a Heligoyle for myself because I waited too long for a Christmas sale and then they all sold out while I wasn't looking. And when I say 'they all', I don't just mean 'all the Heligoyles'. I mean ALL of my local shops' NK stuff. I remember walking into Kmart and thinking, "Wait, where did all the Nexo Knights go?" because there was just a massive area next to Ninjago and Marvel Super Heroes where the shelves had been picked clean. DOA? They'll be hotcakes. Especially Tech Wizard Showdown and Berserker Bomber (the clear best two of the wave and my top priorities).

I second that, the other day when i went to toys r us a lot of the nexo knight sets are all sold out without any type of sale, sold out more the Ninjago even. They had one of Aaron's helicopter from 2018 left all other 2018 NK sets they had were sold out as well and when the 3rd wave was still on shelves at Walmart they were selling out pretty well and by the time clearance season hit all was left was one Clay's Falcon Blaster (i bought it) @Feng-huang0296 speaking of the Heligoyle i just built it this evening lol 

Just now, Nexogeek said:

I second that, the other day when i went to toys r us a lot of the nexo knight sets are all sold out without any type of sale, sold out more the Ninjago even. They had one of Aaron's helicopter from 2018 left all other 2018 NK sets they had were sold out as well and when the 3rd wave was still on shelves at Walmart they were selling out pretty well and by the time clearance season hit all was left was one Clay's Falcon Blaster (i bought it) @Feng-huang0296 speaking of the Heligoyle i just built it this evening lol 

To have an opposing side most of my local stores did not sell many Nexo Knights. There are two Toys R Us stores in my area, one of which did not stock the two biggest set the from year two, 2nd wave and as of right now have only stocked two of the December sets being Tech Wizard Showdown and Aaron's X-bow. I also should add that Tech Wizard showdown has been gone for a few weeks now and hasn't been restocked. This store also still has some of the ultimate figures from the first year, 2nd wave along with some of the actual sets. The other stores in my area have also had to clearance out the sets to move them out. Of course, my local area is extremely awful (for clearance deals) and 30% flies off the shelves and 15% does extremely well but the fact that it gets to those points is bad for my area. In fact, I actually managed to get Jestro's Volcano Lair for half off at one of my local Targets. However, I do know that my local Target stores are going to be stocking the new sets. At least Lances Hover Jouster (WHICH I SAID WOULDN'T BE A STORE EXCLUSIVE) since it has already shown up in some of my local stores according to brickseek. So in total I Nexo Knights seems to be doing pretty bad for my area. I guess it's selling okay at one of my Toys R Us stores but it doesn't seem like it's really moving off shelves quickly, at least at my local stores. 

7 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

@Feng-huang0296 speaking of the Heligoyle i just built it this evening lol 

Aww, jealous. And to think there was a time when I hoped I might get three so that I could have a full set of three Harpies. (They should not have made them an exclusive minifigre. -.-) Now I'll be lucky if I find one. 

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Aww, jealous. And to think there was a time when I hoped I might get three so that I could have a full set of three Harpies. (They should not have made them an exclusive minifigre. -.-) Now I'll be lucky if I find one. 

Got it the day after Christmas at TRU never had time to build it due to getting Ninjago City. I really dislike that the Harpies are only in the Heligoyle if they could of put one in Macy's dragon and one in Axl's set, or just had all three in the set even if it was a little more money

31 minutes ago, Knafstuds said:

To have an opposing side most of my local stores did not sell many Nexo Knights.

Same here.  Always plenty of these on the shelves in the stores that stock them, whereas that is not the case with other themes.

I think the Rock Monster sets didn't sell that well, thats why a lot of stores didn't stock the second wave, but the two problems with people saying Nexo Knights is over is:

#1 last time they were completely wrong and some of the Lego Designers had to tell them that.

#2 Just because no ones seen a picture of it doesn't mean its not coming out, an example of this is the Elves sets, which no one had seen pictures til they were almost available, so they assumed there were no more Elf sets .

Edited by Dr.Cogg

I'm not gonna worry about a next wave while the poop-butt stores around here haven't put out the (now) current wave.

Edited by K_Tiger

9 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I think the Rock Monster sets didn't sell that well, thats why a lot of stores didn't stock the second wave, but the two problems with people saying Nexo Knights is over is:

The reason Nexo Knights got a 3rd year was because the first wave of year 2 was very successful, it's the second wave when everything went to crap.

18 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

17 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

There are Walmarts about 30-40 miles from me that had several Heligoyle for $7 and another store with 3 for $3.
So new sets sold out quickly before their official release? That's your argument for the theme not being a failure? Even LEGO themselves admitted the series hasn't sold as well as they have hoped. One reseller could go into a store and buy the sets on ebay goign "Rare!!!" because they weren't released in all stores yet.

I don't see Nexo on the shelf because local Walmarts and Targets haven't wasted their time with the theme in about a year. That's probably why Toys R Us sold out because the few fans there were bought all the sets there. However I own about a dozen sets and I think all of them are are from Toys R Us when they had then for nearly 50%. Besides the Fortrex which was Target for 40% off for about two years, even right up to Christmas it was 30% off.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

There are Walmarts about 30-40 miles from me that had several Heligoyle for $7 and another store with 3 for $3.

I don't see Nexo on the shelf because local Walmarts and Targets haven't wasted their time with the theme in about a year.

When do you think the heligoyle was released?

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Besides the Fortrex which was Target for 40% off for about two years, even right up to Christmas it was 30% off.

Bad example. The Fortrex was named by Lego as being one of their best selling sets of 2016. The fact that they're still rolling out new copies of it two years after release should say enough.

We already have one dedicated Nexo Knights critic in here, I don't think there's room for two. :laugh: