Just now, deneweth said:

Doesn't work with the helmet, but looks amazing with the armor.

The armor itself isn't bad.  I prefer the classic armor that covers the entire torso, but this will still be useful.  And it looks good with that face plate.  It's just a matter of choosing a helmet or head piece that will fit with both items.

5 hours ago, deneweth said:

Doesn't work with the helmet, but looks amazing with the armor.

magbiteS.jpg

Thank you, I couldn't remember if the face plate had side parts to it, that does look pretty good .

Here are my thoughts on my favorite up and coming theme. First off what a great colour scheme, for some reason both Nexo Knight's and Ninjago's biggest strength this winter is their colour scheme. The black and green is a great colour scheme, and probably has spawned my favorite villain's so far, I have no idea what kind of baddies they are yet but they look great. On to the sets. The small Lance set is a Battle pack type and not my thing, though I will say it's my favorite NK battle pack so far. The Twinfector is a nice build and I think it's worth $20. Though I will say I would rather get the Ruina's Lock And Roller as it's build is better. The Beserk Bomber is a great looking set and I think that $30 is a excellent price. The Tech Wizard Showdown is probably my favorite mech set so far but I'm not really into mech so it does not interest me. I will be honest and say Aaron's X-Bow is bad. The build just looks ugly. While I can have about the Green and Black colour scheme in the rest of the sets here the blue, green, and trans orange just looks ugly. I'm also sick of bow type vehicle's for Aaron, I hope he gets better vehicle's in the future as he is my favorite knight. Last up my favorite set of the wave Axl's Rolling Arsenal. I love war army type sets, but Lego trys to keep away from that type of stuff, so when we do get war stuff it's great. I love the vehicle as it reminds me a lot like an old Great War tank. Possible my favorite set of the winter 2018 period. Overall good wave but I think a big location set was missing. Hopefully we get some epic building in the summer that can compete with Knighton Castle and Jestro's Volcanic Lair as my favorite NK set. 

I noticed Lance's hover jouster isn't on toys r us or lego shop website and I haven't seen it in stores.  It's weird to me that Jang had one to review and speculated that it was a TRU exclusive in the US, but outside of his review and 'leaks' it's like this set doesn't exist.

16 minutes ago, deneweth said:

I noticed Lance's hover jouster isn't on toys r us or lego shop website and I haven't seen it in stores.  It's weird to me that Jang had one to review and speculated that it was a TRU exclusive in the US, but outside of his review and 'leaks' it's like this set doesn't exist.

I saw it in my Toys R Us the other day, along with every other set. So it does exist but it seems Lego is holding off on it, especially considering it's the only set not on Lego Shop.

According to JANG, it's a Toys R Us exclusive. As has happened in the past, full waves of a theme can release early, with the store exclusives specifically being kept under wraps until the initially planned release date, all of which was December 1st. LEGO likes to release some home-made stuff early, to get more monies, then adhere to the original date for heavy hitters (i.e. TLNM), licenses, and contractual release dates for exclusives.

Some Toys R Us stores having it early is simply Toys R Us being Toys R Us, and not acknowledging street dates, as they and Target have done in the past, and will continue to do.

Guys Lance's Hover Jouster is not a Toys R Us exclusive. I know this because I have always been right because I don't give away my sources because I am the source. ANYWAYS it should be available in Target and Walmart stores as it is in their systems. As always you can roast me but I will come back when I am right 

Edited by Knafstuds

6 hours ago, Knafstuds said:

Guys Lance's Hover Jouster is not a Toys R Us exclusive. I know this because I have always been right because I don't give away my sources because I am the source. ANYWAYS it should be available in Target and Walmart stores as it is in their systems. As always you can roast me but I will come back when I am right 

So are all the D2C sets, but they never get them.

What's your point? Do you have a source/do you work at all three locations?

Edited by Penkid11

Going to the Lego store tomorrow and I'm deciding between the Twinfector and Berserker Bomber. I like the design of berserker bomber  more, but the splitting function of Twinfector is pretty cool. I like to fiddle with my Lego sets while doing other things so that stuff is important. Also it's cheaper. But I'd feel like I'm missing out if i didn't get the berserker. Love the drone like design. Money's tight so I can't get both...

Anyone got a size comparison between the two? If berserker is significantly bigger I might get that. Judging from pictures the Twinfector doesn't seem much smaller.

Edited by chezzymann

8 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

So are all the D2C sets, but they never get them.

What's your point? Do you have a source/do you work at all three locations?

He's a troll but he is some what credible, he hasn't been wrong in the past but there's not a lot to base it off.

Hey, wait. Lance's Hover Jouster is a store exclusive? Do you know what this means? The Hover Jouster isn't Lance's main vehicle for the year, it's just a secondary build, like Aaron's Stone Destroyer was last year. Meaning that we'll see Lance's actual vehicle during the Summer Wave!

It makes sense, too - I thought it seemed fishy that they botched the pattern of 'two in one wave, three in the other' by having vehicles for every knight except Macy in the first wave. In that case, I think I'll wait until the summer set pictures get released before deciding whether to swing for the Hover Jouster or instead get whatever vehicle's coming out for Lance in the Summer wave. (Granted, a large part of that will be determined by whether Cyberbyter Dennis is in the Summer Wave or not, but still.)

Plus, there's a bunch of other tells that point to the Jouster being a store exclusive; small set, (potentially) exclusive minifig (but hopefully not), somewhat wacky vehicular design, it's all just like the Stone Destroyer last year. 

26 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

- I thought it seemed fishy that they botched the pattern of 'two in one wave, three in the other' by having vehicles for every knight except Macy in the first wave

Tech Wizard Showdown doesn't have Clay's name in the set, although it does come with 'his' merlok power.  I would have expected the set to come with the staff of merlok power instead of sword of merlok if Clay was getting another set.  It does seem odd that he doesn't come with a year 3 armor though.  I guess technically they could be doing two and then three, but it seems weird given the small size of this wave.  We've gotten Macy and Axl in the second wave the first two years.  My honest guess is that they didn't plan on doing a November release, or Clay's vehicle was 'delayed' for plot reasons.

There is nothing really exclusive about cyberbyter Dennis.  He didn't even get a different head, just different weapons and that stud to bar converter to give him a stud shooter for an arm.  Even the named VanByter "Cezar" has nothing exclusive other than the brick build spider gunlegs.  All of the VanByters, Mechabyter, Infectobyter, Fred, and Cezar have the same two faces.  The only unique ones are Berserker and Pola.  All the badguy minifigs use one legs and two torsos.  All of the cyberbyters are identical.  The whole thing feels very mailed in, possibly like it was rushed for early release.  After Lord Krakenskull, I was really excited to see the theme return to form after a year of stone stompers.

1 hour ago, deneweth said:

Tech Wizard Showdown doesn't have Clay's name in the set

They may just be pushing the Clay is a wizard in training aspect of the story.

Edited by Bobathan Buan

Tech Wizard Showdown hopefully isn't Clay's main vehicle, either way still a good name for a set with 3 wizards. As @Bobathan Buan was saying it probably has to do with Clay's training as a Wizard since it also includes Merlok who would be the only one to train him. Also to note something, we didn't get Ava this wave so maybe the summer wave will have her with regular legs, maybe even a set directly for her since we haven't gotten one yet, unlike Robin who got the black knight mech, the small battle suit, the car in the castle and now the motorcycle in Aaron's set. 

Is the Knighton castle set worth buying? Its on discount now on lego.com. How is it compared to the fortress, jestro volcano lair etc. Hope someone could share his/her opinion on it. Thnx :-)

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hey, wait. Lance's Hover Jouster is a store exclusive? Do you know what this means? The Hover Jouster isn't Lance's main vehicle for the year, it's just a secondary build, like Aaron's Stone Destroyer was last year. Meaning that we'll see Lance's actual vehicle during the Summer Wave!

A fair educated guess, I'd say. I imagine it could be a large battering-spear with a drill end. :classic:

35 minutes ago, deneweth said:

All of the VanByters, Mechabyter, Infectobyter, Fred, and Cezar have the same two faces.  The only unique ones are Berserker and Pola.  All the badguy minifigs use one legs and two torsos.  All of the cyberbyters are identical.  The whole thing feels very mailed in, possibly like it was rushed for early release.

I think this feeling may be caused by the distribution of the special characters, more so than the actual variety. If Monstrox, Berserker and Pola were included in respectively the Rolling Arsenal, the X-Bow and the Tech Wizard showdown, the three most expensive sets, I think it would have felt differently. That said, if a summer wave is indeed in the works, then I would expect at least two new special characters under command of (a physical) Monstrox.

We know Ruina will be in the summer wave based on the poster that showed her and Pola.

P.S. Something that might work as a helmet for the Magmar face plate, Vampire chest plate combo is Ultrons upper head armor.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Not sure if any of you know when lego normally releases it, but do the minifigure accessory packs release in the winter or spring? Hopefully we get a few good polybags this year for the theme. 

Things i'd like to see for the summer wave/store exclusives, a large vehicle for Macy, a vehicle for Ruina, $10 army builders, a large $130 base for Monstrox, a structure for the knights, unique named villains, grown up Ava, and something more then the mech for Clay, and maybe even a jester themed mech for Jestro around the size of the kings mech. 

14 hours ago, deneweth said:

There is nothing really exclusive about cyberbyter Dennis.  He didn't even get a different head, just different weapons and that stud to bar converter to give him a stud shooter for an arm.  Even the named VanByter "Cezar" has nothing exclusive other than the brick build spider gunlegs.  All of the VanByters, Mechabyter, Infectobyter, Fred, and Cezar have the same two faces.  The only unique ones are Berserker and Pola.  All the badguy minifigs use one legs and two torsos.  All of the cyberbyters are identical.  The whole thing feels very mailed in, possibly like it was rushed for early release.  After Lord Krakenskull, I was really excited to see the theme return to form after a year of stone stompers.

Aww, really? That sucks. I was hoping for at least an exclusive face print. :(

But still, the fact that they're all identical just adds to the idea of duplication, infection, virus-ish-ness. So I actually don't mind that too much. Hopefully the special ones like Pola and Berserker have at least some personality, though . .

I do feel like the designers were working with a more limited budget this year, though, like back during the Final Battle with Ninjago when they tried to put the theme to rest. Though I do hope that this time, we get a summer wave - it still rankles with me that we never got a Final Battle set that contained the Overlord in his true, giant-dragon form, which would have been incredible - or, really, any version of the Overlord at all, except the Golden Armour Digital Overlord. 

I mean, didn't most of the squirebots (including Dennis) have identical face prints before this year as well? I don't see why that'd change if they turned evil...

I would not be surprised if this year's sets are working with a somewhat more limited budget than previous years, but to be honest I think the sets are plenty impressive anyway—arguably moreso than many of last year's sets. If Nexo Knights is indeed on its way out, it's going out with a bang.

I think that Cyberbyter Dennis should have at least retained the neck protector style helmet, but that can be fairly easily remedied.