Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps would you be able to post a picture of that new curved cut-out plate, or any of the other new parts and recolors for that matter? :classic:

Oi. Wish I could but I don't have a quality camera to take the pictures with. I'm also not sure that I'm going to build it straight away. I'm sure Jang will be covering this set within the next few days though. :classic:

6 hours ago, Aardvark17 said:

Holy crap the new Lance looks AWESOME!
I love the build for the lance itself and the color scheme just looks incredible on white.

I'm still not sure what the whole "hover" part means. Th back of the back suggest some kind of function, so maybe it has some really nice rolling :classic:

It's pretty much exactly a furniture dolly:

38476057182_a803a1c436.jpg

b4186aa5-3331-46ea-a549-bde60fbbd463_400

although I'm not by the set right now and I think the lower layer is actually the round 4x4 plate, with a plate across the middle, rather than the frame of plates I made in LDD there. It's sitting in a room that's so filled with Lego sets I don't want to deal with it right now :P

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

3 hours ago, Cyclone_37 said:

Tried Tru again, no luck today for any 2018 sets. Has anyone spotted the Hiver (Hover?) Jouster in stores? 

Yes, I bought one. There are two still on the shelf at my Toys R Us, no other 2018 besides the Ninjago Movie Quake Mech.

Just now, SpiderSpaceman said:

Yes, I bought one. There are two still on the shelf at my Toys R Us, no other 2018 besides the Ninjago Movie Quake Mech.

Ok, I was starting to think that since it's the only one not on Lego's cache that maybe Lego were going to release it later or as a store exclusive. 

I live in Connecticut and tru had the wizard battle and some of the new ninjago sets.  They allowed me to get the piranha chase set but were pulling the sets off the shelf.

3 hours ago, Cyclone_37 said:

Tried Tru again, no luck today for any 2018 sets. Has anyone spotted the Hiver (Hover?) Jouster in stores? 

Only saw half of the wave over here: Tech Wizard Battle, Berserker Bomber and the Twinfector. The remaining sets are probably in the back, I imagine that Lego would send the whole wave over at the same time.

Gold visors would have been awesome, and I would have gotten multiples (I'd have bought a couple sets probably for this reason).

How much I liked Nexo Knights

2016 Wave: 7/10
2017 Wave: 5/10
2018 Wave: 3/10

I hope that they stop it as it has been said, or they will likely drop to 1/10 in 2019

16 hours ago, x105Black said:

Gold visors would have been awesome, and I would have gotten multiples (I'd have bought a couple sets probably for this reason).

I agree!

3 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I hope that they stop it as it has been said, or they will likely drop to 1/10 in 2019

At this point there could be a castle line in the shelves along with NK

I mean, there is no way in this world LEGO still considers this as a castle line

Just now, Robert8 said:

I mean, there is no way in this world LEGO still considers this as a castle line

This is true. I didn't think at it, but, yeah, you're totally right.

Just now, Robert8 said:

Agreed, i like nexo knights a lot but its anything far from a regular castle line and that's some of the reason i like it, but a castle line would sell great even with NK being out

I'd be also in favor of having traditional castle alongside with Nexo Knights, as that would allow the latter to take an even stronger sci-fi approach, which I'd love to see happening.

Nexo Knights is so sci-fi, once Monstrox is defeated for good, i'd love to see them have to go to space to battle aliens. Merlok 2.0 powered spaceship would be sweet lol 

Man I don't care for Lance but he has gotten some of the best vehicles in the series. I really love that hover jouster, it's a great looking scifi hover tank and the villain characters that come with the set are really cool. I always like the centaur-esque villains LEGO puts in these themes and evil Dennis is great. I also really like the build for Lance's weapon, it's more like a bo staff or double-sided spear than a Lance which seems more practical and agile to me. I absolutely love the villains this time around. Black and green are my favorite colors, especially neon green paired with black and coupled with the whole high tech vampire thing they have going on is right up my alley. The berserker bomber is a must-have and I'll probably get the twinfector, now I have to add the hover jouster to my list. Despite Axl being my favorite character I only have his power suit. His vehicle last year was just awful and his tower vehicle form the year before was cool but just wasn't within my budget. I might have to get his vehicle this time though, it looks pretty great and might be more affordable. I'll wait until I see some reviews first before I make a decision though. Overall a much, much better wave than last year. If they can ckeep this up, I hope NK can continue for a couple more years at least. One of the best things about this theme as a whole are the new pieces it's introduced, most of which are incredibly valuable and versatile. I really like the new little tech horn piece and look forward to using it in a number of different ways.

Edited by ToaDraco

4 hours ago, ZORK64 said:

I'd be also in favor of having traditional castle alongside with Nexo Knights, as that would allow the latter to take an even stronger sci-fi approach, which I'd love to see happening.

Sure, especially since the chances of a real Space theme are slim to none while Disney keeps on barraging us with endless Star Wars movies. I don't know how similar a Space theme has to be to Star Wars if TLG would consider it to be a cannibalistic contender, but for the mean time, I think non-space themes that border on resembling them will just have to suffice for now. 

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Man I don't care for Lance but he has gotten some of the best vehicles in the series.

Completely disagree, I think he's gotten the worst vehicle of every wave. 

Hey everyone I finally found a decent review of the Berserker Bomber on youtube. I'll share the link

The review is not the best but it gets the job done. 

42 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Sure, especially since the chances of a real Space theme are slim to none while Disney keeps on barraging us with endless Star Wars movies. I don't know how similar a Space theme has to be to Star Wars if TLG would consider it to be a cannibalistic contender, but for the mean time, I think non-space themes that border on resembling them will just have to suffice for now. 

I think that mostly depends on the design of the space theme. Lego's own space themes are usually dominated by their amount of trans-neon stuff IIRC, which is nowhere as common in Star Wars sets.

It also helps that Nexo Knights combines it with a knight theme, which also helps to distinguish it from Star Wars.

Just now, ZORK64 said:

I think that mostly depends on the design of the space theme. Lego's own space themes are usually dominated by their amount of trans-neon stuff IIRC, which is nowhere as common in Star Wars sets.

Sure, but does TLG consider color scheme enough of a distinction? Unfortunately, I think that they somewhat figure that the mere setting of both themes makes them contenders for customers' choice, where either a in-house space theme would take a chunk out of Star Wars' purchasing base, or that their in-house space theme would just be ignored by customers in favor of Star Wars.

7 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

To me it like this:

2016 Wave: 6/10
2018 Wave: 7/10

I like the black and trans-green colours in the latest wave.... but it doesn't mean I really like the sets.