Just now, Nexogeek said:

I doubt Pola could be as important as Ruina. Ruina has such a major role in the story line, Pola is probably just a character along the lines of Lavaria/Harpies 

. . . That is literally exactly what I just said. 

For what this wave has, it is great.  I am a bit worried at how small the wave is, with no small $10 knighton soldier vs unnamed baddie set, no ultimate/battle suit sets, and no "the big one" set.  I still expect to see a Macy's and a Clay's vehicle (his name wasn't in tech wizard showdown, and we usually see the knights split 3 and 2 between waves).  Others have pointed out that we still want to see Ruina, and Ava.  With the revelation of infected Dennis, I would expect to see other named bots infected.  We also have all the merlock powers except the stave.

The size of this wave and the timing have me wondering if we might see 3 smaller waves this year, or if we're just getting less sets because the theme isn't doing great.  I'm a little worried that we got all the knights, Aaron, and Jestro in this wave and in spite of everything we'd expect from a 2nd 2018 wave, this is would be a reasonable wave to end the theme on. 

50 minutes ago, Boogly22238 said:

There seems to be no brick built villain yet either, guess the more prominent stuff will come next wave again 

There's still a chance one comes in the speculated exclusive set that we haven't seen yet.

If there is a second wave (there probably will be), I expect to see Monstrox in figure form, Ruina, Ava, a large set for Macy, a Vampire Castle, and a large mechsuit for the villains. All of this can be accomplished in 3 sets. If we get that, I'm satisfied with next summer being the end of the theme.

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

There's still a chance one comes in the speculated exclusive set that we haven't seen yet.

If there is a second wave (there probably will be), I expect to see Monstrox in figure form, Ruina, Ava, a large set for Macy, a Vampire Castle, and a large mechsuit for the villains. All of this can be accomplished in 3 sets. If we get that, I'm satisfied with next summer being the end of the theme.

All I want is a Macy set that is minimum $40

I know, right? Macy gets short shifted, and she's the King's daughter! (Granted, Hotspur (the Bot Drop Dragon) is one of the best NK good guy vehicles ever in my opinion - though I am biased towards dragons -, but that doesn't change the fact that it's small.) I'm convinced that King Halbert is running a conspiracy to convince his daughter to give up being a knight through making her feel inferior by giving the boys bigger toys. XD

Yeah, the absence of a brick-built figure surprises me. Though there were two retailer exclusives in Year 2 Winter, and both came with a brick-built figure . . . but so did the Falcon Fighter. 

I concur with everything BrickJagger just said, but would like to add that I also want to see some kind of hidden Knight base similar to 70134 Lavertus' Outland Base. That place was sick. :)

Why would the knights need a new base, when they have Knighton Castle and the Fortrex, I think the villains need a base this wave.

To be honest, one thing I'd particularly like to see is a Knightonia Coliseum set. Not only is it a key location in the story, and a potentially awesome subject for a set (lord knows Lego likes joust sets), but it'd also be a great setting for a final battle... with things ending "where they all began".

Much like Chima, I'd suspect there will be a final "wrap up" wave slatted for summer next year, with probably no more than three sets. Now if that were the case, I'd just hope they wouldn't be as lackluster those three in Chima's final wave.

After that, it's hard to imagine what Lego would have in store for a "big bang" successor theme. I'd just hope it wouldn't be something like Chima. :def_shrug:

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Why would the knights need a new base, when they have Knighton Castle and the Fortrex, I think the villains need a base this wave.

Well Clay did smash the Fortrex into the stone colossus so i could see that causing some major damage leading to them needing a new base, hopefully we get a big villain base this year since last year we didn't have a structure for them. 

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

To be honest, one thing I'd particularly like to see is a Knightonia Coliseum set. Not only is it a key location in the story, and a potentially awesome subject for a set (lord knows Lego likes joust sets), but it'd also be a great setting for a final battle... with things ending "where they all began".

That sounds like a great location to be made a set, and a cleaver idea for a final battle 

A good look at Aaron’s X-Bow vehicle/set.  I was on the fence about this initially but now having gotten a good look at it, I think it might actually be one awesome set.  Maybe even my favorite one for Aaron. 

9 minutes ago, Sephron13 said:

A good look at Aaron’s X-Bow vehicle/set.  I was on the fence about this initially but now having gotten a good look at it, I think it might actually be one awesome set.  Maybe even my favorite one for Aaron. 

*snip*

There is something wildly soothing about the video. This must be those ASMR qualities that I've never felt until now.

I take it back. The colors aren't that bad on the X-Bow. At least the warm gold is consistent, and they aren't blending in flat silver into all this.

It also looks like Robin has a new head print!

2 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

There is something wildly soothing about the video. This must be those ASMR qualities that I've never felt until now.

I take it back. The colors aren't that bad on the X-Bow. At least the warm gold is consistent, and they aren't blending in flat silver into all this.

It also looks like Robin has a new head print!

Yup absolutely.  And agreed, Robin’s head looks to be new (and awesome).  This will complement the Berzerker Bomber quite nicely.  

A guy on ebay is selling lance's hover jouster, that means that all of the entire wave of nexo knights is releasing at the same time.

In other news, aside from the hover jouster, official hi res images of all of the other sets are on lego's servers now.

Edited by jake0324demo

20 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I know, right? Macy gets short shifted, and she's the King's daughter! (Granted, Hotspur (the Bot Drop Dragon) is one of the best NK good guy vehicles ever in my opinion - though I am biased towards dragons -, but that doesn't change the fact that it's small.) I'm convinced that King Halbert is running a conspiracy to convince his daughter to give up being a knight through making her feel inferior by giving the boys bigger toys. XD

As long as she gets something larger than the Thunder Mace and Ava is a cleric/priest or whatnot, I will be happy

Edited by Boogly22238

2 hours ago, jake0324demo said:

A guy on ebay is selling lance's hover jouster, that means that all of the entire wave of nexo knights is releasing at the same time.

In other news, aside from the hover jouster, official hi res images of all of the other sets are on lego's servers now.

Please link the auction so we can see box pics.

10 minutes ago, Vorkosigan said:

Please link the auction so we can see box pics.

Someone (sorry I forget whom) posted a link to box pics on Flickr a page or two back.  High quality too. 

Jang has his review of the X-Bow up now as well.  Another great look at it, but I disagree with some of his opinions on the look and color.  To each their own on that!  Really happy to get a good review of it.  I like it even more now!  

Official sets images are up on Brickset for everything but the Hiver Jouster.

However this video has an official image of the hiver jouster for those who want to see it

Holy crap the new Lance looks AWESOME!
I love the build for the lance itself and the color scheme just looks incredible on white.

I'm still not sure what the whole "hover" part means. Th back of the back suggest some kind of function, so maybe it has some really nice rolling :classic:

Just now, BrickJagger said:

Picked up the Berserker Bomber today at TRU. Excited to build it!

Perhaps would you be able to post a picture of that new curved cut-out plate, or any of the other new parts and recolors for that matter? :classic: