2 hours ago, Nexo Bricks said:

A low quality prelim pic of Lance's Hover Jouster is on Youtube. Even though it is a prelim, it looks quite nice actually. It also includes another unique bad guy with spider legs.

We've had one since they were first leaked.

There stealing my Mechromancer idea :tongue:

Just kidding they probably had this planned out in the beginning. It's nice to see a similar idea probably executed better by Lego

I can't help but feel they had to go a bit lower budget this year...

The baddies may be awesome, but they made a double-sided helmet so they wouldn't have to make another mold and there isn't much variety in face and body prints, sadly.

Just now, Aardvark17 said:

I can't help but feel they had to go a bit lower budget this year...

The baddies may be awesome, but they made a double-sided helmet so they wouldn't have to make another mold and there isn't much variety in face and body prints, sadly.

That may be, but these sets have gotten an infinitely better reception than Year 2's sets. No idea why, but it's nice to see.

47 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

The plot thickens! *huh*

How much was that set? $19.99?

Indeed, Season 5 seems like it might just be the best one yet and since Dennis is turned evil it makes it even better, Now i want an evil Robot Hoodlum! This wave of sets is impressive, maybe just what the theme needed to last into 2019 seeing as a lot of people like this wave

Just now, Nexogeek said:

Indeed, Season 5 seems like it might just be the best one yet and since Dennis is turned evil it makes it even better, Now i want an evil Robot Hoodlum! This wave of sets is impressive, maybe just what the theme needed to last into 2019 seeing as a lot of people like this wave

I would have mixed feelings about that. I love Nexo Knights, but Castle is more important to me and as long as NK is around Classic Castle won't be. Three years is enough for me but I wouldn't mind an extra year too much, so long as it was confirmed to end after that.

NOOOOO! Not Dennis!

But seriously, wow, evil Dennis. At first glance, the Hover Jouster looked like a miss for me - weird design, looks more like a turret encampment than a vehicle, no Battle Suit combination capability, and outclassed by last year's Twin Jouster in almost every way - but I think the minifigures just sold me on it. (That, plus I know I'll just have to get every single one of the seven Merlok powers - except maybe the hammer one. Robin's redesign jars with me, and so does him suddenly using a hammer now - I prefer his original look. :( ) 

I wonder what this year's Knight base will be? We've already had the Fortrex and Knighton Castle. Fingers crossed for something cool!

7 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

NOOOOO! Not Dennis!

But seriously, wow, evil Dennis. At first glance, the Hover Jouster looked like a miss for me - weird design, looks more like a turret encampment than a vehicle, no Battle Suit combination capability, and outclassed by last year's Twin Jouster in almost every way - but I think the minifigures just sold me on it. (That, plus I know I'll just have to get every single one of the seven Merlok powers - except maybe the hammer one. Robin's redesign jars with me, and so does him suddenly using a hammer now - I prefer his original look. :( ) 

I wonder what this year's Knight base will be? We've already had the Fortrex and Knighton Castle. Fingers crossed for something cool!

My guess is a villains fortress.

10 hours ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

He’s sitting on my knee right now and you’re correct. 

Box pics for the people:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27846102@N06/shares/rSnyc6

Thank you for the pics. I think this set is great and the price is also good. Does Cezar come with normal legs, like ultimate Lavaria from the 70335 set did? Its not really an issue for me, just a question.

Edited by Daimar

Oof. I thought the multi-legged guy would be like one of those from Chima. 

On the plus side, Infected Dennis is a nice twist. The jouster doesn't look half-bad either

Edited by Boogly22238

9 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I would have mixed feelings about that. I love Nexo Knights, but Castle is more important to me and as long as NK is around Classic Castle won't be. Three years is enough for me but I wouldn't mind an extra year too much, so long as it was confirmed to end after that.

I have different feelings about the theme, mainly since it was the theme to bring me out of my dark ages, so i wouldn't mind it sticking around a few more years. And even when NK does come to its end we aren't 100% sure they'd bring back classic castle or even fantasy castle. 

10 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

That may be, but these sets have gotten an infinitely better reception than Year 2's sets. No idea why, but it's nice to see.

The villains are getting pretty interesting builds, but LEGO sure isn't bringing the noise with the minifigures. I figured it would be hard to top the named characters from Year 2, though.

22 minutes ago, Lordofdragonss said:

They named him Cesar from one of the most malicious viruses :D

That's interesting. Apparently, Berserker is another virus. I've been trying to figure out where Pola and Fred got their names, and all that I can find about it is that POLA stands for Principle Of Least Access (a computer security concept), and Fred might refer to Fred Cohen who (from Wikipedia) is "an American computer scientist and best known as the inventor of computer virus defense techniques. He gave the definition of "computer virus". These are pretty obscure references, though.

18 minutes ago, Wolfy1981 said:

That's interesting. Apparently, Berserker is another virus. I've been trying to figure out where Pola and Fred got their names, and all that I can find about it is that POLA stands for Principle Of Least Access (a computer security concept), and Fred might refer to Fred Cohen who (from Wikipedia) is "an American computer scientist and best known as the inventor of computer virus defense techniques. He gave the definition of "computer virus". These are pretty obscure references, though.

"FRED" could also be a reference to this, which is also quite obscure. Although, I doubt many people would know that Cesar and Berserker are computer viruses without having to google them first like I've also had to do. It's always fun to try and decode these references though.

20 minutes ago, JasonEffex said:

"FRED" could also be a reference to this, which is also quite obscure. Although, I doubt many people would know that Cesar and Berserker are computer viruses without having to google them first like I've also had to do. It's always fun to try and decode these references though.

True! Maybe we're just overthinking it and his name really is just Fred, because it sounds funny. Mega Byter, Infecto Byter, Techno Byter, and. . . Fred!

1 hour ago, Wolfy1981 said:

True! Maybe we're just overthinking it and his name really is just Fred, because it sounds funny. Mega Byter, Infecto Byter, Techno Byter, and. . . Fred!

Yeah, probably. XD But I think there'll be a little more to it than that. Remember in the Tournament of Elements arc of Ninjago, there was this one throwaway scene in the show which involved two of the cultist grunts discussing the merits of scary names leading to promotions, which eventually led to the two deciding to rename themselves Kapau and Chope? Whose minifigures in the sets were then referred to by those names? And then there was the Skybound arc, in which Nadakhan had to discuss the matter of names with a couple of landlubbers looking to join his crew? After a heated discussion, he named them Sqiffy and Bucko. Which was also their names in the sets. XD

I think we're going to see a similar scene at some point in Year 3, with a couple of the Byters discussing how they don't just want to be 'TechnoByter No. Something-something-something' and want actual names. Which will somehow lead to one deciding to call himself Fred. XD

I don't think Pola and Fred are necessarily connected just because they're in the same set, though. Pola seems more like a Lavaria or Harpy-like character than either just another mook, or someone who's as important as Ruina. 

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

I don't think Pola and Fred are necessarily connected just because they're in the same set, though. Pola seems more like a Lavaria or Harpy-like character than either just another mook, or someone who's as important as Ruina. 

I doubt Pola could be as important as Ruina. Ruina has such a major role in the story line, Pola is probably just a character along the lines of Lavaria/Harpies