17 hours ago, x105Black said:

I must not be seeing what you're seeing.  But I'd love to see some Tighty Knighties minifigures.

Ooops sorry, must have been wishfull thinking on my side. Sorry for the confusion.

8 hours ago, legozebra said:

I’ll give this to Nexo Knights colors - when they decide on a rigid color scheme for character vehicles, boy do they stick to it, with varying degrees of success. The theme for this year is gold, which means we get dark blue, trans neon orange, gold, and whatever the main color for the knight is. When we first started, all vehicles shared just the blue, trans neon orange, and a hint of silver. Now, with four prominent colors to display, things start getting a bit messy, as we can see with any of Aaron’s recent vehicles (lime green really does not go well at all with the previous colors). Clay’s, on the other hand, fare better, as blue goes relatively well with dark blue and neon orange. Honestly, the worst thing about the new sets is the gold - it doesn’t seem to fit at all with the aesthetic and other colors.

I dunno, I like the color schemes. It's worth noting that the colors shared by all the knights haven't actually gotten too much more complex, since they used to all share both Earth Blue and Bright Blue. As of this year, the latter has mostly disappeared except for from vehicles that are not aligned with any individual knight, to make way for Bright Orange being added and the knights' main colors to become more prominent. If anything, I actually prefer the replacement of Bright Orange with Warm Gold in next year's sets—I feel like it looks a lot better as its own color, rather than seeming like a somewhat poor match to the Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange.

Tech Wizard showdown looks awesome, but is that pretty much the same build for clays smaller mech as the 10 dollar ones from this year just with gold added? Monstrox looks awesome along with Clay's orange nexo arm. Glad Robin is a full on knight, hopefully that means Ava will be as well? I'm just hoping for some type of vehicle or mech for ava since Robin already has gotten a good amount 

7 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

All those sets look like AMAZING partpacks for space fans :D

For instance, 72004 Tech Wizard Showdown comes with the "Nexogon" shield in Bright Blue on the chest of Clay's mech! :classic:

Edit: Wait a minute, is the "Nexogon" actually Dark Azure instead? :oh3:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

The villain sets look great, the color scheme is very striking and they look really evil. Can't wait to get a better look at those.

But the hero sets, while a bit better than last year, continue to look spectacularly messy and bizarre... Aaron's plane is a very cool design but it has too many competing colors on it to make sense to me. I'm kind of sad that hasn't been sorted out.

These are all released on November 27th, right? I thought it said so on the back of the December calendar. Just wondering, since these all look like they are worth buying after x-mas

Edited by TheBrickLord

That monstrux looks pretty creepy. I like most of these sets. I like how they included clays special arm. Little details like this make me like Lego even more

Edited by Falconfan1414

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That monstrux looks pretty creepy. I like most of these sets. I like how they included clays special arm. Little details like this make me like Lego even more

Monstrux looking creepy is really fitting for him 

f0P36B2.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, @Penkid11 !

In the above image on the far right, it looks like Lance is fighting a green and black monster with wings. Perhaps a preview of the summer wave?

I like that Robin is now a full sized figure, but I'm disappointed that he doesn't have a unique helmet or any new torso or leg printing.  It's especially surprising given that he seems to have his own Merlock power just like the other knights. 

As for the wave as a whole, I love the Nexo Knights theme, but his wave is my least favorite, yet.  The villain vehicles are great, but the villains themselves aren't as appealing as the lava and rock/lightning monsters, and the gold accents for the knights just don't work for me.  However, I think this is the best yet as far as my 6 and 7 yo are concerned.  They both love Clay's mech suit, and the inclusion of both Monstrux and Merlock makes it a must-buy for them. 

Edited by Backgild

Just picked up the Tech Wizard Showdown from my local TRU - it was the only 2018 set they had out. I’m writing up a review right now!

13 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Penkid11...

Info is in the imgur link.

45 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

*snip*

Thanks for the pictures, @Penkid11 !

In the above image on the far right, it looks like Lance is fighting a green and black monster with wings. Perhaps a preview of the summer wave?

It's a 2017 monster that's been retextured to look like he's from the 2018 wave. Nothing special.

Also, has anyone noticed that the Merlok powers correspond to the Knight's (and Merlok's) weapons?

I'm also not too big on all the gold. It especially irks me in regards to the armor piece of the Nexo Knights - the piece itself looks great, but I wish it'd be done in silver rather than gold.

Still, I think I'll get Berserker Bomber and Clay's Mechsuit from this wave. They look the most appealing to me in terms of design and parts selection.

28 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Just picked up the Tech Wizard Showdown from my local TRU - it was the only 2018 set they had out. I’m writing up a review right now!

Is the monstrux piece printed?

Everyone seems to be happy about Clay's magic arm, but I'm kinda disappointed to be honest. I don't know how it is in the show, but just having one arm be orange doesn't feel magic to me. Wish they had done half of it trans-neon orange, or something like on this Cole minifig
Image result for lego ninjago cole day of the departed

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Can't wait to read your review!

Edited by Nexogeek

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Is the "Nexogon" shield on the front of the mech's chest Bright Blue or Dark Azure?

1 hour ago, ZORK64 said:

It especially irks me in regards to the armor piece of the Nexo Knights - the piece itself looks great, but I wish it'd be done in silver rather than gold.

Hopefully that armor piece, as well as many of the other minifigure components introduced in this theme, will find their way into other sets recolored after the theme inevitably wraps up.

Just now, bbquicksilver said:

I don't mind the gold armor but the trans orange facemasks are terrible. If they were gold they would be very solid minifigures.

I think you're right.  I complained about the gold, but that isn't the problem per se.  I'd really like the figures if they had gold visors.  I'm not sure what color to use for the vehicles, though.