One thing I don't get is why Lego hasn't released pictures yet of the sets if their coming out this month.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

One thing I don't get is why Lego hasn't released pictures yet of the sets if their coming out this month.

The cache should be updated any day now...

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

What is that polka dot pig doing there *huh*

Not sure.  I thought it was just a an issue within the photo, but upon closer inspection in other photos I can see that it does indeed look like it has white polka dots all over it.  Strange.

The polka dot pig is gift wrapped

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Yeah, looks like it's just this issue's page number thing, most likely. I wonder if they're all gift-wrapped animals or just assorted things in gift-wrap.

Man, I really need to get my hands on one of these magazines.

Okay I've been gone for a while, 

These guys seem like a heavy nod towards Blacktron.  The bad guy minifigs look great, especially like the helmets and armor, the breath mask alt face is interesting.  At this stage I'm very interested in the "Berserker Bomber"

- Has a detachable winged eye (Whatever it is its probably little and neat)

- 6 stud infection shooters  (Mounted underneath the VTOL Disc things, I believe the little spiders are amunition)

- Detachable Vyro suit for the MechaByter  (Okay this is interesting, so 1st question whats a MechaByter?)

1. Cyberbyters        (The Cyberspider People)

2. Mechabyter         Do the Cyberbyters have Squire Bots?  Edit, I can see two from the leaks

3. Vyro Glider        (Tiny open air Cyberbyter fighter craft)

4. Vyro Suit            Is this a little mech suit maybe? Edit, I hope so

5. Tech Critters       (Little Spiders)

Edited by Rayskull

I'm not sure why everyone thinks that the bad guys this time will be 'Techno Vampires'. Everything I'm hearing about the 2018 NK thematic implies that Monstrux will become some kind of computer virus (like an evil Merlok 2.0) and start taking over all the technology in Knighton (thus explaining the evil Squirebots - they've been infected) while going all Digital Overlord and trying to build himself a new body. The insect thematic is a pun on 'computer bug', and the special new Nexo Powers are going to act a sort a sort of anti-viral that can immunitise the Knights and their gear against the virus, which can possibly be transferred by biting - okay, now I understand the vampire thing. But it's still more of a virus. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

The vampire bit is mostly from the minifigures -- If you look at the minifig picture leaks they show that the baddies have all-white skin with red, snake-like eyes and fangs.
Other than that, you're completely right, they're virus themed. Virus Vampires is a very interesting combination we haven't seen before, I like it.

Yeah, me too. 

Do you know where I can see those? (Please tell me they aren't part of the no-longer-available images.) Because while I take your point (and it is cool), I'm wondering if these 'fangs' might actually be more like insectoid mandibles. Though I won't say for certain either way until I've seen them. 

I also would be surprised at the red eyes, but I'm thinking back to the yellow-eyed Stone monsters (for whom yellow was otherwise not part of their colour scheme whatsoever) and . . after that, I'll believe any eye colour. Even if I think green would be better.

Still, fingers crossed that the builds, at least, will have a similar sort of vibe to the alien insects from Galaxy Squad (a theme I deeply regret having missed).

EDIT: Okay, found the picture. You're right, those are totally fangs. Go Virus Vampires!

Edited by Feng-huang0296

They connected bite + byte. So yeah I belive the virus will spread like vampirism - by a bite a byte of data xD

Shame there is no character named simply Vampirus or Virpire!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Okay, it is going to be a crime against puns everywhere if they don't have a big character (like Burnzy and Sparkks, or the Grimrocs) named Terabite, or Terrorbite, or at least some kind of pun on terabyte. XD

10 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Okay, it is going to be a crime against puns everywhere if they don't have a big character (like Burnzy and Sparkks, or the Grimrocs) named Terabite, or Terrorbite, or at least some kind of pun on terabyte. XD

Seconded! :head_back::thumbup:

This wave already is a pun!  XD
I got the new store calendar today and I think I found out what the "detachable winged eye" thing is. It's a little white eyeball bit behind the cockpit with two of those new trans-green elements used for decoration in this wave make up the wings. I imagine it also has some techno-detailing. Seems pretty cool, maybe this waves equivalent of Globlins.

Cool! I always liked Globlins and Gravellers. They don't get enough love in the sets. (Seriously, the Gravellers I think are exclusive to The Three Brothers and that Lance vs. Lightning store exclusive set.) 

3 hours ago, Aardvark17 said:

This wave already is a pun!  XD
I got the new store calendar today and I think I found out what the "detachable winged eye" thing is. It's a little white eyeball bit behind the cockpit with two of those new trans-green elements used for decoration in this wave make up the wings. I imagine it also has some techno-detailing. Seems pretty cool, maybe this waves equivalent of Globlins.

Interesting, curious to see what that looks like. Do you think you could get a bigger picture of the set? If not, I'd like to know the piece count because I can't quite make it out.

On 5.11.2017 at 11:43 PM, Rayskull said:

Okay I've been gone for a while, 

These guys seem like a heavy nod towards Blacktron.  The bad guy minifigs look great, especially like the helmets and armor, the breath mask alt face is interesting.  At this stage I'm very interested in the "Berserker Bomber"

The Blacktron vibes are also what makes these baddies so appealing to me. :wink:

They don't feel enough like Blacktron.  More like Blacktron 2, unfortunately.  Or somewhere between the 2.  They don't use white like Blacktron 2, but they use neon green instead of the yellow of Blacktron.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

They don't feel enough like Blacktron.  More like Blacktron 2, unfortunately.  Or somewhere between the 2.  They don't use white like Blacktron 2, but they use neon green instead of the yellow of Blacktron.

The flesh of the characters are white. I'm curious if there are white highlights on the vehicles.

6 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

The flesh of the characters are white. I'm curious if there are white highlights on the vehicles.

But there most certainly is white highlights on the vehicles!  Edit- well in the leaked prelims there were, just noticed the white was replaced on the calendar pic.

Edited by Rayskull
New info

Damnit . . . I wonder if that was a last-minute design change? I don't know Blackteon, so I can't say either way. Still hoping that it'll be a similar vibe to Galaxy Squad.

Also, how likely does everyone think it is that we'll get an updated Fortrex in 2018? Because the first one . . . wasn't bad, but . . I made a lot of improvements when I got mine. Plus, I saw in one of the promo pictures that there was what looked like a new Fortrex with two drawbridges whose front towers could rotate forwards and act like giant cannons?

On 29/10/2017 at 4:24 PM, Dr.Cogg said:

Looking at this concept art, my guess is they combined the vampires and the skeletons for this new wave, hopefully we will get a villains castle like this for the second part of this wave, because so far the sets have match a lot of the concept art for the Fire Demon wave and the Gargoyle wave. 

Concept ArtConcept Art

Right here. See?

10 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Damnit . . . I wonder if that was a last-minute design change? I don't know Blackteon, so I can't say either way. Still hoping that it'll be a similar vibe to Galaxy Squad.

Also, how likely does everyone think it is that we'll get an updated Fortrex in 2018? Because the first one . . . wasn't bad, but . . I made a lot of improvements when I got mine. Plus, I saw in one of the promo pictures that there was what looked like a new Fortrex with two drawbridges whose front towers could rotate forwards and act like giant cannons?

Right here. See?

What promo pic shows an updated Fortex? Not sure if its likely but would be cool, just an idea but with Clay having magic now, a new Fortrex with a wizards tower for clay and merlok 2.0 would be sick. I wonder if we will get any more of the wizards council in some form? year one we got Merlok and Monstrox, year two we got Ruina, could 2018 mean we get another member but for the knights side again? I say Jestro needs to become a wizard next, since he practiced necromancy for the last two years and we know Merlok tried training him in magic when Jestro was younger and with clay being his best friend it seems fitting lol 

Just now, Nexogeek said:

What promo pic shows an updated Fortex?

The image he quoted...

That image, which is concept art that some people are taking as face value and official art for what is to come (which it's not, much like all concept art).