That picture is so tiny I can't make out anything except the color scheme. That's not a clever way to make people buy your product.

I do think it's worth noting that the past few years, they've released about 20 sets for the following year in December of the year prior... releasing one set from each theme a week early does not seem unreasonable, although I can't figure out why they would do that.

I don’t know if this has been said but  the tech vampires are called Mechabyters I think or they might be the small tech guys 

Edited by Falconfan1414

I read the description under the picture from the sounds of it Monstrox is at a location and while his tech army goes out to fight and comes back? Anyone else get that thought? If so maybe we will see some type of base for them this year, pretty excited for the show to see how these things are used 

That's a US calendar seen there, right?

Unless its a British one, wouldn't the presence of a year three Nexo Knights set on a US calendar confirm that this upcoming wave will be a global release? Has that limited release rumor/speculation been debunked yet?

This is the set description, for anyone who's interested:

"Prepare for high-flying action with the Beserker Bomber, featuring a detachable winged eye, dual 6-stud Tech Infection shooters and movable wings, plus a detachable Vyro-Suit for the MechByter. Attach the jet pack to Macy and send Beserker flying back to Monstrox!"

Thoughts:

- What is a detachable "winged eye" ?

- The small squirebots are called "MechByters" and appear to have some sort of tech-infused upgrade

- The humanoid villain's name is Beserker

- As @Nexogeek said, Monstrox might not be present in this wave because he's hiding out in his fortress, possibly while constructing a new body for himself. The hologram of him that's in the Clay set now makes a lot more sense. This also means that NK will almost certainly be getting a few more sets.

Edited by BrickJagger
typo

4 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

This is the set description, for anyone who's interested:

"Prepare for high-flying action with the Beserker Bomber, featuring a detachable winged eye, dual 6-stud Tech Infection shooters and movable wings, plus a detachable Vyro-Suit for the MechByter. Attach the jet pack to Macy and send Beserker flying back to Monstrox!"

Thoughts:

- What is a detachable "winged eye" ?

- The small squirebots are called "MechByters" and appear to have some sort to tech-infused upgrade

- The humanoid villain's name is Beserker

- As @Nexogeek said, Monstrox might not be present in this wave because he's hiding out in his fortress, possibly while constructing a new body for himself. The hologram of him that's in the Clay set now makes a lot more sense. This also means that NK will almost certainly be getting a few more sets.

Maybe the winged eye is some type of camera thing so Monstrox can see the fighting from his fortress. Also i had a thought about Monstrox being in the same form Merlok is, since Ruina is Merloks sister maybe she has the spell as well to be able to turn Monstrox digital? I just hope this wave has a large fortress for Monstrox and that the theme does super good this year so we can see it last into 2019 or longer (sorry nexo knight haters) I feel like hopefully the theme does a Ninjago and the 3rd year is the push it needs to last 

23 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Ninjago seems to do that pretty regularly.

Indeed, should be no trouble for Nexo Knights.

Monstrox is in this wave and since he's digital now, he's like Merlock (a sticker on a large transparent flag) he comes in the tech wizard set.

2 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Monstrox is in this wave and since he's digital now, he's like Merlock (a sticker on a large transparent flag) he comes in the tech wizard set.

If he's truly like Merlock, he shouldn't be a sticker—unlike the other stickered banners in various sets, the banner piece used for Merlock was printed.

Of course, there's always the chance Monstrox would be stickered, particularly if they didn't foresee the piece being used in other sets... but printing would certainly be nice.

Just got hold of the UK Lego Life magazine which contains an image of Axl's Rolling Arsenal, will try to upload an image soon, if someone hasn't already.

8 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

If the color scheme is anything to go by, the Tech Wizard is a vehicle for Clay, which, if the TV series is anything to go by, that hologram is still probably Merlok, if not...

Spoiler

...then the hologram is Clay*, and the Knight (in the preliminary image, mind you) is one of the other three that could fit. I mean Aaron, in the X-Bow has Clay's helmet on, so it's most likely all placeholders for all we know.

*Clay manifests magical power after realizing he comes from the same family as both Ruina and Merlok.

Edited by Penkid11

17 minutes ago, JasonEffex said:

Just got hold of the UK Lego Life magazine which contains an image of Axl's Rolling Arsenal, will try to upload an image soon, if someone hasn't already.

no one has posted it yet.

Off topic again... But does anybody here think the knights deserve facial upgrades? Aaron and Lance should get angry faces, while Macy's faces are both terrible, so a normal smile and a frown without those scratches would be welcomed

Here's a link to the pictures of Axl's vehicle from the Lego Life magazine.

35 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

Off topic again... But does anybody here think the knights deserve facial upgrades? Aaron and Lance should get angry faces, while Macy's faces are both terrible, so a normal smile and a frown without those scratches would be welcomed

Funny you should mention this, because it looks like Axl will get a new face print next year (see the pictures I linked above), so I hope the other knights will receive an update too.

Well after looking at the pictures and reading the stuff from the Axl set it seems the CyberByters and the tech critters are infecting Knighton so maybe we could still see infected kings guards after all? Also it sounds like Axl and Jestro go off to find Nexo Powers that were lost (maybe from the blast that turned Merlok digital?) If they are trying to learn about their threat, whos a tech infection maybe Ava will play an even bigger part? if so i hope we see a set for her. 

Another thing to point out, the Mech we think is for Clay and Merlok what if its not Merlok as the hologram but one of the other Wizards from the council? it only seems right since this year we Monstrox was able to bring Ruina back to life, that next year the knights bring a good wizard back to life to help fight against Merlok. Speaking of Ruina it seems like no sets with her so far? 

Thanks for the photos.  A little blurry, a scan would be great if anyone else has one, but it's still good to get an idea of what this is going to look and feel like.  And honestly, I'm really into the black, but I'm not into the green, so there's a lot that's lost on me.  I hope a lot of the detail on the villain sets will be stickered because of that.

@JasonEffex Thanks for the pics! (Agreed, a scan would be great, but this is already a huge help).

So it looks like CyberByters are the name of the baddies, maybe MechaByters are a version of them, and apparently the new stud shooter pieces are just "Tech Critters?"

I'd also like to note that the special new power with the slightly different design is called the Axe of Merlok. Maybe we'll get a Sword of Merlox, Mace of Merlok, etc. for each of the heroes.

Thanks again for the pics!

Still not liking that set, anyone else find it funny and kind of weird that Lego has put out official images of some of these sets but hasn't uploaded them on their cache lol

While I've looked over the initial preliminaries of these sets before, not until seeing this image of Axl's tank have I noticed it features at least two of part no. 27262 in Trans. Neon Orange. That's great, since now we have at least two different transparent recolors of that part for 2018! :classic:

I never did save the preliminaries, but does anyone know if any of the other sets in next year's wave feature that part recolor?

That part shows up in a couple more of next years sets. The prelims don't really give a good idea of the particular shade of trans-orange, though.

I really like the design of Axl's Land Raider, and the armor on the bad guy looks also very interesting. I'm really looking forward to these baddies, the sci-fi vibe they give off is totally my jam.