Looking at this concept art, my guess is they combined the vampires and the skeletons for this new wave, hopefully we will get a villains castle like this for the second part of this wave, because so far the sets have match a lot of the concept art for the Fire Demon wave and the Gargoyle wave. 

Concept ArtConcept Art

Edited by Dr.Cogg

37 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Looking at this concept art, my guess is they combined the vampires and the skeletons for this new wave, hopefully we will get a villains castle like this for the second part of this wave, because so far the sets have match a lot of the concept art for the Fire Demon wave and the Gargoyle wave. 

Concept Art

I really hope we see that structure or something close to it as a set, the skeletons in it look a lot like the evil squire bots from the leaked pictures and the green computer board lines in the building also match 2018 bad guys so could the thing they are pouring stuff in be some form of Monstrox? or one of Monstrox's highly destructive monsters they have to collect a certain amount of whatever to create. I really hope the summer wave has some good big sets that are buildings. While i'm loving the looks of the bad guys this year still wish they'd give us the Water and forest monsters as mini figs along with the two big figs and two large monsters, they could release them all as one big set with human monstrox with some other monsters as some D2C set just to please the large amount of people who want them 

16 hours ago, Lucarex said:

But IMO, Lego missed a trick by teasing us with those concept forest and water monsters in the BoM and never going there. Some of those were fantastic.

8 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

A shame, really. The Stone Monsters were alright and I like the upcoming Techno Vampires but I would have rather had those two factions instead.

Same here. I think I said this before, but I love elemental based super powers, especially for the "overlooked" ones like Water and Wood. Considering all the great new Lightning parts we got with the stone army and the upcoming Fire and Ice ones with 2018 DC, it would have been great to see what they'd have done with Wood and my personal favourite, Water.

That's not to say I'm not interested in the Techno Vampires. I'm not up to date on the latest leaks but they do sound like they'll be interested, especially if we get some new parts, but I'd have still loved to see Water and Wood as well as Fire and Lightning.

2 hours ago, pawcanada said:

That's not to say I'm not interested in the Techno Vampires. I'm not up to date on the latest leaks but they do sound like they'll be interested, especially if we get some new parts, but I'd have still loved to see Water and Wood as well as Fire and Lightning.

So far, new helmets, armor and shields for the vamps, and new armor for the Knights.

I'm don't understand why everyone wants structures so badly. Personally, I just want a decent-sized set for Macy, and some big monster sets (besides the final monster of the year). I mean, the knights usually get the majority of the sets, and take up most of the higher price points, so having some bigger monster sets would help make Monstrox's army seem less hopelessly outmatched by the knights.

Edited by DraikNova

Seeing these pics again reminds me how much I want to get Space Orcs with Nexo Knights.

Also, the next wave of knight mechs needs capes and pauldrons. The Knight Mech seen in that one promo pic looks amazing because of these things.

On 10/29/2017 at 1:24 AM, Dr.Cogg said:

Any of the 6 guys in that image would be better than this wave of villains, from what I've seen.

On 10/29/2017 at 11:14 AM, DraikNova said:

I'm don't understand why everyone wants structures so badly. Personally, I just want a decent-sized set for Macy, and some big monster sets (besides the final monster of the year). I mean, the knights usually get the majority of the sets, and take up most of the higher price points, so having some bigger monster sets would help make Monstrox's army seem less hopelessly outmatched by the knights.

Structure sets are always more interesting to me, especially when the vehicles are so highly technological in a "fantasy" setting.  But even in an actual Castle setting, the only vehicles I'm generally interested in are horse-drawn carriages.

3 hours ago, x105Black said:

Any of the 6 guys in that image would be better than this wave of villains, from what I've seen.

Structure sets are always more interesting to me, especially when the vehicles are so highly technological in a "fantasy" setting.  But even in an actual Castle setting, the only vehicles I'm generally interested in are horse-drawn carriages.

I usually feel that structures can't really be done justice at conventional pricepoints, while vehicles almost always can be. I mean, this year's castle is so small that its donjon is almost a third as wide as the walls, and that's at a $120 pricepoint.

Edited by DraikNova

Structures are also imho better for parts to build with.  Vehicles often have small pieces and very specially angled pieces. Also nice to have, but sometimes you just want to build something with bigger parts. Just straightforward stuff. 

But this is of course an action theme for kids. And lego thinks kids want vehicles, so we get vehicles. As long as we get our supercool baddies. 

I do think however that this theme is becoming more and more farfetched. It feels like chima in her last breath. And i think it is really a pity we never got Mushlord, the evil mushroom king. 

I just realized that the bad guy in the bottom left has some Dark Eldar vibes. *oh2*

9 hours ago, Borex said:

Structures are also imho better for parts to build with.  Vehicles often have small pieces and very specially angled pieces. Also nice to have, but sometimes you just want to build something with bigger parts. Just straightforward stuff.

While I'm fine with the vehicle sets and the parts they offer due to them being helpful for me as a constraction MOCist, I agree that it wouldn't hurt if Nexo Knights would get also a few more structures to go along. Not only because they provide large parts (which I can also occasionally need), but also because scenery is appreciated as well.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

But this is of course an action theme for kids. And lego thinks kids want vehicles, so we get vehicles. As long as we get our supercool baddies. 

Yes, but you have to remember Lego isn't making these sets to sell to us adults, and our taste are going to be different than those of most prepubescents.
Kids will want a TOY they can PLAY with, not a static model to look at.

1 hour ago, ZORK64 said:

I agree that it wouldn't hurt if Nexo Knights would get also a few more structures to go along.

Seconded, but you'd need to include action features so the kids have something to DO with those builds, and as DraikNova mentioned it's hard to get a convincing structure built with the parts budget of the more affordable price points.

5 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

Seconded, but you'd need to include action features so the kids have something to DO with those builds, and as DraikNova mentioned it's hard to get a convincing structure built with the parts budget of the more affordable price points.

Ninjago seems to do that pretty regularly. If Nexo were to have at least one structure of a decent size in each wave, I would be happy.

10 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

Yes, but you have to remember Lego isn't making these sets to sell to us adults, and our taste are going to be different than those of most prepubescents.

That was exactly what i was saying ;-)

Got the December 2017 calendar and the Nexo Knights 2018 sets look like are coming out earlier than expected, the set is 72003 Berserker Bomber, and it is coming out november 25th, I am not sure about other sets.

1 minute ago, jake0324demo said:

Got the December 2017 calendar and the Nexo Knights 2018 sets look like are coming out earlier than expected, the set is 72003 Berserker Bomber, and it is coming out november 25th, I am not sure about other sets.

Got a picture?

21 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

These are all good points, but I also like to mention that they're not impossible to accomplish. Lance vs. Lightning includes a little shrine, and Aaron's Stone Destroyer also featured a tree. Both structures have catapults, and the shrine is build in such a fashion that the Grimroc can rest inside of it.

Simply put, I'd appreciate to see more sets in a similiar fashion: A vehicle, some constraction-y build, and some scenery.

1 hour ago, jake0324demo said:

Are you talking about the Holiday Catalog? I got that in the mail today and there isn’t a single Nexo set in it.

33 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Are you talking about the Holiday Catalog? I got that in the mail today and there isn’t a single Nexo set in it.

No the calendar that is usually found online or in store.

Just now, jake0324demo said:

No the calendar that is usually found online or in store.

Oh, gotcha. Will you be uploading the image soon?

Yep. Got the calendar. The Bezerker Bomber is indeed on the back. Very, very small pic. Apparently the City, Technic, and Creator sets that popped up just a bit ago will be showing up as well, alongside the expected TLNM Wave 2

Just popped over to this topic because I was looking at that calendar myself. It seems quite hard to tell if entire waves are being released on November 25 or just one new set from several different upcoming waves. I'm thinking it's the latter. It seems with these, the rerelease of the Taj Mahal, and The Joker Manor LEGO is really trying out the post-Thanksgiving buying frenzy this year (of course US specific) in a way I haven't seen them do before.