On 10/8/2017 at 12:10 PM, BrickJagger said:

I suspect that these guys are some sort of "techno-vampires".

I'll quote you on that.

Too early to tell but right now I am  disappointed because I thought we're getting something different. Something that is more versatile to begin with. Frankly, my interest for this wave has  gone out  the window.

47 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is a picture floating around of the normal looking jestro and a different tech vampire

Bunch of figures with numbers? There's a better pic of that second NK baddy elsewhere.

So the new baddies appear to have alternate faces with mechanical-looking masks. Interesting.

Jestro is included in the new image along with with the two techno-vampires that we've already seen. I suspect that those two are the villains included in Axl's Rolling Arsenal. 

I'm gonna need a better look at that alternate face, but I'm leaning towards it over the normal face. 

Jestro looks cool, but I hope the blue and purple version appears somewhere.

^
Me too, if anyone has it. For a moment there I was wondering if maybe the tech vampire was one of the named figs, but it looks like most of the army will be vampires then.

I haven't seen the alternative faces yet, but going by the pictures of the two vampire baddies I got recently messaged, I find their design interesting... and rather refreshing as well.

6 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

So the new baddies appear to have alternate faces with mechanical-looking masks. Interesting.

Jestro is included in the new image along with with the two techno-vampires that we've already seen. I suspect that those two are the villains included in Axl's Rolling Arsenal. 

Can you describe what these "mechanical" masks look like?

21 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

Blue and orange, with hints of gold, has his normal white face 

I was able to see the picture, and I have to say that this color scheme is pretty bad, and not at all the color scheme he should have.  We've all seen the original image from the show before he was corrupted, that's the minifigure we need.

Not excited about these techno-vampires, although I guess it's good for fans of vampires and green / black color schemes.  Hoping for a very cool named villain.

One thing I will say in favor of the theme:  The designers were thoughtful when designing minifigures in that they made the legs match up with multiple torso designs.  That's good.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

Not excited about these techno-vampires, although I guess it's good for fans of vampires and green / black color schemes.  Hoping for a very cool named villain.

I'm a fan of all three of those, and these aren't doing much for me. :laugh: I too hope this wave has the equivalent of Magmar, Ruina or Krakenskull.

18 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I'm a fan of all three of those, and these aren't doing much for me. :laugh: I too hope this wave has the equivalent of Magmar, Ruina or Krakenskull.

To be honest, while I do think those are among the best minifigures, I haven't gotten them.  I love the design work they do to create characters like Magmar and Krakenskull, but I ended up buying normal lava villains (Ash Attackers, Moltor, and other pieces) and stone villains (Stone Stompers and other pieces).  I was interested in General Garg, but not a fan of the blue lightning.  That's the problem.  They are making really cool minifigures and using really cool pieces, but when put together I just don't like the end result.  A black gargoyle General is a great idea, though, and I'd love to see them do a better one.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I'll reserve judgement for the named villains, but I have little hope that I will actually like them.  And since I'm not into vampires, I have a feeling I won't be getting much in the way of villains this wave.  So maybe there are better looking knights?  Maybe their visors / helmets / armor will get me interested?  I hope so.  As much as I'm a pessimist about the very existence of this theme, I want to find things in it that I like and can use.

I find it odd how both Elves and Nexo Knights have Vampires as the villains for 2018.

The Elves villain is a female Vampire (at least thats what she looks like) and her minions are bats.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

6 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

The Elves villain is a female Vampire (at least thats what she looks) like and her minions are bats.

The Ninjago villains for next year have a similar style, actually.  I've seen heads in light grey with white faces that could look like vampires as well, and the color schemes aren't too far off.

Just saw the elves set. Im very excited  about the fact that (from what i saw), we are getting some dark turquoise pieces!?!?!

Even if the Jestro fig isn't in the color scheme everyone was hoping for, I actually quite like how it turned out. It's pretty nice looking overall.
I'm still not going to decide if I like or dislike the baddies yet though...

Jestro is OK, but don't we already have a Jester in that color scheme?  I think that's part of what bothers me.  The original colors in the show are unique.  Conversely, I guess you could say that he represents the old blue and orange jester minifigure as a more advanced character, and that it's a reference.  I'll take this jester, no issues, but still, I think that his unique color scheme in the show would have been better, for giving us a new color of jester, and for giving us a minifigure from the show that has been around since the first season.