I don't know why but I feel like this wave doesn't fit with the other 2. Then again I don't watch the show so I am probably missing something. I think I will miss the vilains from year 1 and 2. For the previews, I don't see a vilain "tribe" like the other years had. :( 

7 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

I don't know why but I feel like this wave doesn't fit with the other 2. Then again I don't watch the show so I am probably missing something. I think I will miss the vilains from year 1 and 2. For the previews, I don't see a vilain "tribe" like the other years had. :( 

In relation to the story it makes sense. At the end of story Monstrox is nothing but a shard of essence, spirited away by Ruina. The new sets would seem to indicate that he will take a holographic form like Merlock 2.0, and that he will utilize technology to recommence his war against the Nexo Knights.

There are a couple of figures that are obviously the lieutenants, but they don't appear to be remarkable in the way, say, General Magmar, Lord Krakenskull or Ruina Stoneheart. It's early, though, so they could definitely do some great minifigs.

Edited by K_Tiger

I think it feels that way because the natural-ness of the enemies isn't there anymore, so it doesn't have as much of the medieval aesthetics. It's feeling very Nexo, but not very Knights. With the other waves the monsters balanced out the sci-fi weapons of the knights.
Hopefully we can get better pictures of the baddies soon and see if this really is the case

Well as we've seen from the concept art, the Green glow seems indicative of the "Undead/Skeleton" faction.
Since Monstrux is outright stated to be a Necromancer, as well as Nexo-tech having triumphed over both traditional Monster-summoning magic AND the Forbidden Powers, he's probably now plying his reanimatory skills to the discarded Nexo-tech Knighton has no doubt produced en-mass.

So while the Villians get more Techy, Clay's Magical Awakening probably means the Knights will get more Mystical.

Look at this

36656302233_aeb2048924.jpg

The purple hairpiece looks really close to that one in the poster with purple Ruina

It would certainly explain why they made a purple copy of that hair piece. Very interesting.

Pic in question so we don't need to dig:

36251209293_11a4708d3c_k.jpg

36656302233_aeb2048924.jpg

Edited by K_Tiger

I wonder if it's Clay, if Monstrox is a virus and Clay has the nexo powers and magic flowing through him wonder if Monstrox will corrupt him or Ruina will use a spell to turn her son evil. that hair piece looks pretty close, can't wait for Ruina's hair piece in purple 

On 9/27/2017 at 3:30 PM, NetherCreeper said:

I just noticed that the catalog doesn't mention the TV show, if not a mini movie. Is the show cancelled? Oh my...

Well, someone on 4chan just claimed to have seen part of the catalog for the back half of 2018 and says there are no Nexo Knights sets. Highly suspect, but I thought I'd mention it.

The ad in the LEGO Life Magazine referring to NEXO Knights 2018 is from the US version. I can confirm that as I now have a copy of said magazine.

Well, some of the catalogs didn't include the winter wave, as we all know now

The winter wave certainly doesn't look like a final one. At least, not to me.... 

So, first of all, i only need a Macy in a princess outfit with normal hair!!!

Second of all:

On 30. 9. 2017 at 4:55 PM, K_Tiger said:

He also mentioned 7 or 8 Unikitty series sets and a new CCBS theme. Maybe Sir von Lego can weigh in on those.

UNIKITTY SETS?? MEANS WE'LL GET MORE UNIKITTY FACES? AWESOMEEEE! Just hope they are cheap.

9 hours ago, Fifulin said:

i only need a Macy in a princess outfit with normal hair!!!

That's something we should have gotten in the first year, absolutely.

Hi all, I'm new here and not really aware yet of Lego's release strategy when it comes to waves/sets.

So I was just wondering, when people are talking about the "Winter 2018" waves (e.g. Nexo Knights, Lego Batman), does this mean sets that are coming out just before Christmas? Or rather sometime in the first quarter of next year?

On 2-10-2017 at 4:42 PM, Fifulin said:

So, first of all, i only need a Macy in a princess outfit with normal hair!!!

I hope they'll release normal, non-armored versions of all five main characters with their proper haircuts (not just Macy). Always being forced to wear a helmet must be mighty uncomfortable when you're going to bed or want to take a shower :)

32 minutes ago, legorgon said:

Hi all, I'm new here and not really aware yet of Lego's release strategy when it comes to waves/sets.

So I was just wondering, when people are talking about the "Winter 2018" waves (e.g. Nexo Knights, Lego Batman), does this mean sets that are coming out just before Christmas? Or rather sometime in the first quarter of next year?

I hope they'll release normal, non-armored versions of all five main characters with their proper haircuts (not just Macy). Always being forced to wear a helmet must be mighty uncomfortable when you're going to bed or want to take a shower :)

It means that it will hit during sometime during December-January. Sometimes what may appear as a Winter wave, may release during that window in Europe, but not until Spring in the US. This happens a lot, and we aren't quite sure, where NEXO Knights lies. All we know is that the NINJAGO Movie sets will be out in December.

33 minutes ago, legorgon said:

Winter sets have a January 1st release date. You can oft-times find them in December, though usually not before Christmas.

Going by what @Penkid11 and @K_Tiger said, I'd say that the exact release date of the sets vary by theme and region. IIRC some of the Hero Factory and Chima Winter waves managed to hit German shelves shortly before or around christmas.

On 9/30/2017 at 3:55 PM, K_Tiger said:

He also mentioned 7 or 8 Unikitty series sets and a new CCBS theme. Maybe Sir von Lego can weigh in on those.

new ccbs theme ?

On 9/30/2017 at 9:55 AM, K_Tiger said:

Very interesting, especially the mention of a new constraction theme. :oh: If that's true, I do wonder what will be in store.

Did this 4chan commenter say when these sets were slated for release? Perhaps for the spring wave next year?

I happened to save the text of the post. I'm presuming, if any of this actually proves legitimate, that this would be July-December '18.

quote:

"I'm not going in any details but I got to see some of the 2018 summer sets from the 2018 2HY catalog.
So,here are the most important things:
-No Nexo Knights summer wave which confirms the winter wave to be the last one.
>We do get Unikity sets. There are around 7-8 sets.
What I remember I saw are a bike for the dog character,a big playset castle and some other small scenery playsets.
>New CCBS theme! The new line is similar in its aesthetic with Bionicle and Hero Factory. It's said to have a cartoon and app with scannable pieces. The theme is set in a computer world and we get 4 small robots "good guys" and 4 robots "bad guys". We also get a bike,two big figures TOA size "hero and "villain" and a Titan size monster. They use a lot of new technic pieces and masks. We also have a new launcher.
This is all I got to see. Two new themes and the confirmation of the Nexo Knights ending. I heard there are also some Harry Potter and Fantastix Beasts sets in it. I can't take any pictures and even if I would be able I wouldn't do that to put in danger someones job. Goodbye and I hope you have a good day."

Like I said, take it with a grain of salt. Unless someone like Sir von Lego gives confirmation I'd consider this 4Chan 4Channing. Plus, this probably isn't the place to discuss this further. :classic:

Edited by K_Tiger

Just now, K_Tiger said:

I happened to save the text of the post. I'm presuming, if any of this actually proves legitimate, that this would be July-December '18.

>New CCBS theme! The new line is similar in its aesthetic with Bionicle and Hero Factory. It's said to have a cartoon and app with scannable pieces. The theme is set in a computer world and we get 4 small robots "good guys" and 4 robots "bad guys". We also get a bike,two big figures TOA size "hero and "villain" and a Titan size monster. They use a lot of new technic pieces and masks. We also have a new launcher.

Thanks for sharing that here! :thumbup:

20 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

It means that it will hit during sometime during December-January. Sometimes what may appear as a Winter wave, may release during that window in Europe, but not until Spring in the US. This happens a lot, and we aren't quite sure, where NEXO Knights lies. All we know is that the NINJAGO Movie sets will be out in December.

Thanks for clarifying! :)

20 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Winter sets have a January 1st release date. You can oft-times find them in December, though usually not before Christmas.

And thank you too, K_Tiger :)