These all look interesting. The spider-guy with the spear and the new baddie helmets in particular. 

No large Macy vehicle yet.. she needs a giant wyvern mech or something.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

Where are you seeing Robin?  It's hard to make out any details at all, but I can see a few characters.  Not sure I see Robin.

Look at Aaron's vehicle. Robin is off to the side. You can recognize him by the helmet.

8 minutes ago, Boogly22238 said:

These all look interesting. The spider-guy with the spear and the new baddie helmets in particular. 

No large Macy vehicle yet.. she needs a giant wyvern mech or something.

Given that they seem to be moving towards sci-fi with a castle footnote, maybe some sort of spinning mace tank could work.

Edited by DraikNova

@ZORK64
I didn't even see all the gold on the Aaron set from that angle... dang, it does look kind of odd. Though it looks like new pieces for gold which is kind of rare.
Agreed, Macy basically hasn't ever had a cool big vehicle. They better give her something huge in the last wave.
Mini-spider studs sound interesting. Can't wait for images that show those better

Just so that it's seen...

Dear LEGO,

Please give Macy a large vehicle at some point in 2018.

Sincerely,

-All applicable (which should be all...) NEXO Knights fans

38 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

Just so that it's seen...

Dear LEGO,

Please give Macy a large vehicle at some point in 2018.

Sincerely,

-All applicable (which should be all...) NEXO Knights fans

Macy-centric sets probably don't test well with kids

It would be cool if the Clay's figure had one hand in trans-neon orange color with some printing showing magic power, simmilar to Day of the Departed's Cole. It could be a nice detail.

2 hours ago, Nilker said:

It would be cool if the Clay's figure had one hand in trans-neon orange color with some printing showing magic power, simmilar to Day of the Departed's Cole. It could be a nice detail.

Certainly! However, magic is maybe a bit out of place now both sides are mostly sci-fi? 

I think Macy could sell well with a bigger vehicle set, at least on the notion that Macy is red, a traditional heroic and popular color - not to mention that her associated animal is a friggin Dragon, which would lead to some pretty radical design concepts (like some huge Dragon-Mecha, or a Dragon-Jet, for example).

Most sets that featured her prominently flew over my head for either being too expensive or not all that appealing in terms of design (which was the case with her latest set).

1 hour ago, ZORK64 said:

I think Macy could sell well with a bigger vehicle set, at least on the notion that Macy is red, a traditional heroic and popular color - not to mention that her associated animal is a friggin Dragon, which would lead to some pretty radical design concepts (like some huge Dragon-Mecha, or a Dragon-Jet, for example).

Most sets that featured her prominently flew over my head for either being too expensive or not all that appealing in terms of design (which was the case with her latest set).

The dragon thing is a problem IMO

Ninjago gets dragon mechs in almost every wave. Doing it here would be too similar 

So, I bet don't do it because that's "Ninjago's territory"

If they had played up the "The Knights have to get magical to fight Merlock 2.0" angle they could have given Macy a great "living" dragon build. Though I do agree Ninjago's over-reliance on dragons does make it a bit of an issue for NK. Which is kind of sad, Nexo Knights is (was?) a setting that begs for a big, Elves-style dragon.

Macy seems very likely to get at least a medium sized set, considering it seems all the other Knights vehicles are in this first wave.

Now since Jestro is on the knights side maybe he'd get a mech or his own vehicle in the summer wave. every other year had something for him so i don't see why this year should be any different

17 hours ago, DraikNova said:

Look at Aaron's vehicle. Robin is off to the side. You can recognize him by the helmet.

Yeah, I guess that could be him.  I had taken it as one of the foot soldiers.  Hard to make out any legs, though.

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Ninjago gets dragon mechs in almost every wave. Doing it here would be too similar 

That's a bad reason.  Especially if you consider the differences between eastern and western dragons.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That hasn't stopped Elves! I'm sure a large mechanical dragon vehicle would be distinct enough from the dragons in other themes.

I also think that Macy could get a Dragon Mech, Ninjago and Elves nonwithstanding, simply because Ninjago's dragons are obviously based on eastern folklore style dragons, while the Elves dragons are more fairy-tale in their design. The dragon depicted on Macy's crest meanwhile is obviously a European style dragon, which would offer the potential for a build that would differ at least from the Ninjago dragons.

Edited by ZORK64

Yeah, I understand that those are different kinds of dragon, but Elves, Ninjago and Nexo Knights featuring dragons simultaneously wouldn't be a good idea. Also considering that they are similar action/adventure themes (especially Ninjago and Nexo Knights, which even share shelves in some stores)

Even more, next year Ninjago will have 2 lines: Movie and Sons of Garmandon. Movie already have one and maybe that's why Sons of Garmadon didn't include any (yet)?

Edited by Robert8

You're right, that might be why they haven't done a dragon in Nexo Knights, but if that's true I think it's a bogus excuse.

Yeah, it's a good point that TLG probably doesn't want to swamp all their themes with dragons, but still, I hope they'll do something more with Macy than that weird Dragon Thing she got this year (as it looked rather underwhelming, at least on pics - maybe it's better in hand?)

Looking at some of those pictures again of the concept art the picture where the designers are "having a meeting" looking at the sets where the poster with Ruina and possibly Clay, if you look at Ruina's staff you can see some pieces that are used in the winter sets. Also the concept art that shows the black and green bad guy layer the skeletons kinda resemble the infected squire bots, along with the color scheme being the same so hopefully we see a set thats close to that layer, plus the bigger monster and general looking guy shown in the artwork 

Now I noticed that the identical Ruina's staff is in the Berserker bomber in front of nexo shield. On the pictures of the boxes we can see that there are two evil minifigurines in the set. Images are blurred but there is possibility that one of them is a ruina.

Edited by Nilker

Yeah, I'm not seeing Ruina's staff anywhere in the close-up photo of the Berserker Bomber making the rounds. That's not me saying Ruina isn't possible, just that I'm not seeing what you are.

Hopefully Runia is in this next wave, if not hopefully the summer wave then. I hope the summer wave is bigger cause i'm not really seeing any bad guys who would be named characters like how the last two years had. I hope the summer wave has way more bad guy vehicles or even a large base since the winter wave is pretty much just the knights vehicles except for macy and maybe Jestro will get something of his own? Year one and year two jestro came in both the summer and winter waves and he had a vehicle so i dont see why it would be different this time