1 hour ago, Nexogeek said:

Do you think you could post more pictures from that book? on the left is that a picture of clay with a cape? and on the top where it speaks of Jestro are there pictures shown of the concept art for him? Excited for images to surface of the sets for 2018 seems like a good direction, i notice the one pic you showed says the interconnected world of knighton is slowly falling to darkness so i wonder if the Virus of Monstrox is going to infect a lot of Knighton or maybe even Merlok 2.0 or a knight or someone else important. Really hope Jestro stays good in this season or for the non evil version of him to come in a book or something

Sure thing! I'm hoping that down the road, maybe at the end of 2018 if Nexo Knights ends, we'll get a section on the website like the amazing "Making Chima" web story we got for the Chima subpage, showcasing all this art in HD glory. 

Here's pretty much every single photo that was in the behind-the-scenes section. All of the concepts look really interesting, and there are even glimpses of set prototypes (which fascinate me to no end) and perhaps a glimpse of some of next year's sets in the blurry background, judging by the black and trans neon green outlines.

Concept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept ArtConcept Art

And finally,

Concept Art

Yes, Exo Knights. Oh Exo Force, you'll be missed.

Edited by legozebra

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

Sure thing! I'm hoping that down the road, maybe at the end of 2018 if Nexo Knights ends, we'll get a section on the website like the amazing "Making Chima" web story we got for the Chima subpage, showcasing all this art in HD glory. 

Here's pretty much every single photo that was in the behind-the-scenes section. All of the concepts look really interesting, and there are even glimpses of set prototypes (which fascinate me to no end) and perhaps a glimpse of some of next year's sets in the blurry background, judging by the black and trans neon green outlines.

And finally,

Yes, Exo Knights. Oh Exo Force, you'll be missed.

Oh yes Exo Force is surely missed, and those concept of the stone monsters seem awesome, really like the one who seems to have a rocket launcher that shoots rock monsters is really cool wish we would of got a physical version of it. I wonder if they will take the design of that green and black monster hideout and maybe use the basic design in a set for virus monsters since i noticed that building has the same type of green hard drive lines like the promo picture does. 

Edited by Jim
Removed image from quote

I dig the CybOrcs... but the "tech infection" is one of the cheesiest way to paraphrase virus.

So are the villains going to be goblin looking creatures with cyberpunk appeal?

The lava and stone monster there look pretty close the final ones

I wonder if the virus villains would like those in the second to last picture. 

3 hours ago, Nexogeek said:

Oh yes Exo Force is surely missed, and those concept of the stone monsters seem awesome, really like the one who seems to have a rocket launcher that shoots rock monsters is really cool wish we would of got a physical version of it. I wonder if they will take the design of that green and black monster hideout and maybe use the basic design in a set for virus monsters since i noticed that building has the same type of green hard drive lines like the promo picture does. 

Hi Nexogeek,

Welcome to EB. 

When you quote, please remove the images from your quote. Check out our posting behavior in the site guidelines.

Thanks and have fun!

Thanks for those images @legozebra:thumbup:

You know what really has caught my eye are those flying Art Deco "Tesla" villains in the top right hand corner of the second picture of your initial post. Those I would have been very interested to see in finalized form; particularly those gold wings, something that I would have loved to reuse for Dieselpunk/Retro Sci-fi MOCs. :sweet:

Also, those concept art illustrations of alternate knight designs are quite something, seemingly ranging from Voltron to Tron in aesthetic inspirations.

6 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

WE COULD HAVE CYB ORKS and they choose ROCK MONSTERS?!

Ah, if only LEGO had Mega's lack of compunction when it comes to specialized molds. Much like Chima, there are some ace what-might-have-been ideas in there. I wonder if the bottom right faction isn't the early stages of the Year 3 villains, and if they are, how far LEGO ultimately strayed from the basic concept. Those look like great necromantic designs.

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Hi Nexogeek,

Welcome to EB. 

When you quote, please remove the images from your quote. Check out our posting behavior in the site guidelines.

Thanks and have fun!

Thank you for the welcome! And okay i will next time still very new to this lol. Hope you have a great day 

15 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Thank you for the welcome! And okay i will next time still very new to this lol. Hope you have a great day 

No worries. We've all been there :wink:

Some of those suits look like transformers/voltron/japanese mechs in minifig. I love to see those in real life. The undead and demon baddies look real good too. Too kid-unfriendly maybe, but i like them

I really dig the nods to other franchises that can be found in these concept arts. Starting with the 40k-ish Orks and Khornates (I'd be super into the former, Orks are easily my favourite faction in 40k), and then there's this pic...

13 hours ago, legozebra said:

Concept Art

...which has designs that remind me of Power Rangers (top row, middle), Gundam (middle row, on the right), Transformers (bottom row, center), Starcraft (bottom row, right) and once again Warhammer 40k (top row right, middle row left and bottom row left).

I'm especially in love with the blue 40k guy (top row right), the Gundam fellow and the Transformers Dude. Their helemets look very cool and provide designs that are so far not common in LEGO. I really hope that at least one (if not all) of them will show up at some point in the future.

Edited by ZORK64

Thanks for posting the concept art.  There are some really great idea's in there and like some have said they might not have been kid friendly enough.  I really like the skeletons, cyber orcs, and some of the other demonic designs they had.  I now wish this would have been a more adult theme after seeing these.  I'm just hoping they use some of these designs towards a new castle/fantasy theme in the future.  There sure are some excellent figure though both big and small.  

6 hours ago, ZORK64 said:

...which has designs that remind me of Power Rangers (top row, middle), Gundam (middle row, on the right), Transformers (bottom row, center), Starcraft (bottom row, right) and once again Warhammer 40k (top row right, middle row left and bottom row left).

That bottom right design is just so Tron Legacy, I mean the helmet is almost spot on. :smug:

th?id=OIP.oSi4aWUMl0S3XqG2zunPBwE8DF&pid

7 hours ago, ZORK64 said:

I think the center of the Bottom row is pretty 40k, what with the chainsword and all...

Problem is, anything too recognisably alike to another franchise or property is great for concept creation but can't see release because of IP law. Features inspired by other media already toe a line (Look at the reaction regarding Thundercats/Chima). Some of those designs are just too cool though!

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That bottom right design is just so Tron Legacy, I mean the helmet is almost spot on. :smug:

th?id=OIP.oSi4aWUMl0S3XqG2zunPBwE8DF&pid

Oh, I didn't thought of Tron, but yeah, this guy looks more Tron than Starcraft now. I mostly thought of Terran Marines due to the backpack and the visor-esque featureless helmet.

9 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

I think the center of the Bottom row is pretty 40k, what with the chainsword and all...

Yeah, I also got a 40k vibe from him. I think it's safe to say he's both 40k (chainsword, armor with shoulder pads, shield looks really Tau-like) and Transformers (design of the helmet, color scheme)

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Problem is, anything too recognisably alike to another franchise or property is great for concept creation but can't see release because of IP law. Features inspired by other media already toe a line (Look at the reaction regarding Thundercats/Chima). Some of those designs are just too cool though!

TLG did flirt with those designs though. They had a very Starcraft-esque Space Marine in the CMF line called Galaxy Patrol (and also something that looks like a Space Marine Ork called Alien Avenger, which gives off a slight 40k Ork vibe). And if look over to the more fantasy-themed things, some of the older Castle sets were somewhat reminiscent of Warhammer and Warcraft with the dwarves and the trolls/orcs.

Though then again, GW is somewhat infamous for not being fond of other companies making stuff that looks remotely similiar to their IPs, so expecting anything too 40k-ish might be unlikely (although then again, LEGO doesn't make tabletop miniatures, so...).

As for others, the Battle Mech had a slight Power Rangers feel to it.

So yeah, I think TLG could turn some of these concepts into actual sets without fearing for lawsuits left and right, I guess that, just like @K_Tiger said, LEGO simply doesn't want to make too many specialized molds, which is understandable (though I guess some of these could be re-used with some imagination). Alternatively, some of the designs might've been too grim for TLG's liking - I think that might be the case for the red demon-looking folks, which lack the comic relief quality of the year 1 baddies.

I still hold out hope for the Cyborks though. These would be awesome if they would actually happen.

btw, where can I purchase this book?

Edited by ZORK64

5 hours ago, ZORK64 said:

Oh, I didn't thought of Tron, but yeah, this guy looks more Tron than Starcraft now. I mostly thought of Terran Marines due to the backpack and the visor-esque featureless helmet.

Yeah, I also got a 40k vibe from him. I think it's safe to say he's both 40k (chainsword, armor with shoulder pads, shield looks really Tau-like) and Transformers (design of the helmet, color scheme)

TLG did flirt with those designs though. They had a very Starcraft-esque Space Marine in the CMF line called Galaxy Patrol (and also something that looks like a Space Marine Ork called Alien Avenger, which gives off a slight 40k Ork vibe). And if look over to the more fantasy-themed things, some of the older Castle sets were somewhat reminiscent of Warhammer and Warcraft with the dwarves and the trolls/orcs.

Though then again, GW is somewhat infamous for not being fond of other companies making stuff that looks remotely similiar to their IPs, so expecting anything too 40k-ish might be unlikely (although then again, LEGO doesn't make tabletop miniatures, so...).

As for others, the Battle Mech had a slight Power Rangers feel to it.

So yeah, I think TLG could turn some of these concepts into actual sets without fearing for lawsuits left and right, I guess that, just like @K_Tiger said, LEGO simply doesn't want to make too many specialized molds, which is understandable (though I guess some of these could be re-used with some imagination). Alternatively, some of the designs might've been too grim for TLG's liking - I think that might be the case for the red demon-looking folks, which lack the comic relief quality of the year 1 baddies.

I still hold out hope for the Cyborks though. These would be awesome if they would actually happen.

btw, where can I purchase this book?

I pre-ordered it off of amazon around when it was announced and it arrived a day before release, but it should be available in standard bookstores.

Those knights design were probably an exploration of possible design directions based on popular franchises, nothing to expect in sets. Reality aside, these look amazing! 

Not sure if the image can be posted here, but earlier today there was a promotional photo for Nexo Knights 2018 that showcased a few characters and possibly a new set. Looks like Ruina, along with a jestro-like character. There was a set behind them, too.

1 minute ago, Lego_Jay_Scaff said:

Not sure if the image can be posted here, but earlier today there was a promotional photo for Nexo Knights 2018 that showcased a few characters and possibly a new set. Looks like Ruina, along with a jestro-like character. There was a set behind them, too.

Welcome and thanks for the heads-up! You should be able to post it so long as it isn't confidential. If not, what site did you see it on?

EDIT: Sorry about this waste of a reply. I don't post often and messed up when quoting. I thought I was editing the same reply when I actually created a new one :/

Edited by Lego_Jay_Scaff

Just now, Lego_Jay_Scaff said:

Well then, if I can share it I will. AvVfHSW.jpg

Broken link. :wink: Go to the bottom right corner and click "imbed image" if you haven't tried that already.