It's probably worth pointing out that despite what many of us may think of when we hear the term, "necromancer" doesn't necessarily imply a practitioner of magic that involves the dead. It can also be used as simply another term for a magic user (though usually an evil one.) Granted what we've learned of Monstrox thus far, it's entirely possible the show's creators intended the latter meaning.

That isn't to say we won't see an undead army, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we don't.

(If we do get more undead in this theme or any other, I think I'd prefer something like cloaked or armoured wraiths - ideally ones that can stand in for ringwraiths and dementors. It'd be nice to have some more of those.)

21 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Insects, eh, I don't know. I won't deny that the set names certainly point to them, and the Chima ones were alright, just not sure how they can markedly improve them. I reckon we'll see, though.

IIRC almost all vehicles of the spider folks were conventional vehicles. Maybe NK's bug baddies ride on giant insects instead?

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

All I want to know is if this wave will give us any new transparent recolors for canopies, either from the knights side or the villains, especially the latter since Trans-green seems to be used predominantly by them. But I suppose canopies would be too spacey for Nexo Knights villains. :def_shrug:

And maybe said giant insects incorporate canopies in one way or another? Especially if it goes hand in hand with the undead idea, trans-green canopies could be not only used for bug eyes, but to imply the glowing of undeath at other parts of the body (like the thorax).

On 7/31/2017 at 2:14 PM, ZORK64 said:

And maybe said giant insects incorporate canopies in one way or another? Especially if it goes hand in hand with the undead idea, trans-green canopies could be not only used for bug eyes, but to imply the glowing of undeath at other parts of the body (like the thorax).

Hmm, I didn't even think of that, if the undead insect theory proves right that is.

I guess like 2013's Insectoids from Galaxy Squad, we could see canopies like part no. 865009519887752, and other bubble like parts in Trans. Green recolors if this would indeed be the case. :smug:

So far the only information we have, is a few set names and descriptions, the villains color scheme of green and black, that's all, the rest is speculation.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

I really hope its not insects. While I liked and owned a number of sets from the old insectoid theme, I really was not a fan of how they did spiders for Chima. I'm not a fan of bugs, and it was pretty gross to be honest. I think there will be at least some portion of kids who feel the same way, and that gives me hope that they wont choose to do that for NK. It's harder to avoid those kinds of figures when there are only two sides and a few are usually included in every set.

I actually feel the same way about zombies. Never liked them, and it annoys me greatly how mainstream they became.

41 minutes ago, ZORK64 said:

I actually feel the same way about zombies. Never liked them, and it annoys me greatly how mainstream they became.

Same here.

Just now, K_Tiger said:

But zombies make sense. It's kinda what Necromancers do. :wink:

It would make sense with the theme, which is strange for a theme that itself makes little sense.

:tongue:

Of course, zombies would make sense in the context. It's just that regular zombies are rather worn-out by now. Pretty much everything has done zombies at one point (even TLG had already zombies here and there). Heck, the whole "Undead Insect" idea that gets discussed here sounds rather similiar to the "undead ice beast" baddies that showed up at the tail end of Chima.

As far as fantasy-themed undead minions go, skeletons and ghosts of any variant are simply cooler - which were also already done by Ninjago, so yeah, undead bad guys wouldn't be really anything new for Lego.

From the ideas made so far, bugs in general sound the most interesting to me due to the potential of getting giant bugs as vehicles (in other words, walkers) rather than tanks, bikes, charriots and what not. Nexo Knight already likes to include ball-jointed constructions here and there, it's a trend I hope they'll continue.

Edited by ZORK64

I'm pretty sure we're not getting those sweet plant monsters. Then again, we are getting a tree suit in a City set next year (and likely CMF S.18), so maybe they can reuse it in Nexo Knights...

Hiver, if it isn't actually mistranslated from Hover, would lead us to believe that insect-themed baddies are likely. Twinfector brings to mind toxic gas or a giant mechanical mosquito.

Do we expect any additional news soon? We got the set list over a month ago and we've heard nothing since. Descriptions at least?

Black and green armies sounds more useful for armies? Could it be forest related?

We still don't know what the villains are, the reason some think undead (myself included) is because some think next year is Nexo Knights last year and Monstrux might finally be human and when he was human, he was a Necromancer, though he had control of other monsters as well, the bug rumor came from the set name, one has hiver in the name (which might actually be hover) and the other Twinfector ( which undead can infect too), so thats where the rumors came from.

Tree Monsters could be interesting though, especially since plant-based baddies aren't as common.

I bought Book of Monstrox and there are few cute details (Krakenskull  stone monster is a Kraken named Dolly) and spoilers inside. The coolest is

Spoiler

Ruina is Merloks Sister - Wanda that was changed in Evil Witch somehow when they battled Monstrox toghether.

Oh and I am really disapointed we haven't got set with the Arnoldi.

1 hour ago, Lordofdragonss said:

I bought Book of Monstrox and there are few cute details (Krakenskull  stone monster is a Kraken named Dolly) and spoilers inside. The coolest is

Reveal hidden contents

Ruina is Merloks Sister - Wanda that was changed in Evil Witch somehow when they battled Monstrox toghether.

Oh and I am really disapointed we haven't got set with the Arnoldi.

I think someone already spoiled that spoiler, as well as how it plays into Clay's Parentage...

9 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

I think someone already spoiled that spoiler, as well as how it plays into Clay's Parentage...

Yup.

It's still a spoiler too.

Thanks for that. :hmpf_bad:

According to lego_peru on Instagram, there are no Nexo Knights sets in next year's winter catalog. 

Edited by BrickJagger

Just now, BrickJagger said:

According to lego_peru on Instagram, there are no Nexo Knights sets in next year's catalog. 

Dang, I was kind of looking forward to those, especially to see what these new enemies and their rides looked like. :sceptic:

Just now, jake0324demo said:

I have been trying to find that post where he said that, I can't find it.

I DM'd him. :wink:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's wrong. SVL is the most reliable source on all of EB and not only posted a set list (with numbers) for next year's sets, he even described a couple. This guy just started leaking today. :shrug_confused:

This was the conversation btw: 

Me: Are there Nexo Knights sets in there?

Him: Nope. No sets for the first months. Probably for June-Dec 2018 catalog.

I then asked him about SVL's list, and although he read the message he did not reply. 

Edited by BrickJagger

1 minute ago, BrickJagger said:

I DM'd him. :wink:

Could you perhaps DM him about Creator sets for next year? For me, that is the biggest question for 2018. :classic: