Bob De Quatre

AG2 Prologue

banner.png

Prologue to Andromeda's Gates: Second Era

It's been a while now since the massive explosion of radiation in Andromeda's system that forced Octan, Kawashita and M.A.N.T.I.S. to evacuate. Almost all their personnel got back to Earth, some were lost. Most continued their job, some changed, but they never forgot Andromeda... The corporations sent many probes to the distant system, hoping the radiations had dispersed. In vain... But recently, a secret memo originating from Octan headquarters was published, stating that according to the readings, the radiation level was decreasing around Farmolis. Kawashita's representant immediately declared that his company was obfuscated that Octan kept that news for themselves. M.A.N.T.I.S. didn't say a thing, but some sources indicated that they already knew about it... Not knowing what awaits them in the supposedly devastated planets, all corporations are making their preparations to get back to Andromeda!

Prologue Challenge:

You're invited to post builds about your character (old or new) making his/her preparations to get back to the Andromeda's System. You can post as many builds as you want. The prologue will end when AG2 starts. These builds won't be judged, but your character will receive some gold for each build you'll have posted. Additional prizes may be announced later.

When posting a build/story, please prefix the title with "[Prologue]".

4 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Is there a standing verdict on whether the moon and other bodies in our solar system are settled? 

I was always under the impression that so much of the milky way was settled that we needed to go to andromeda 

Yay! AG is nearly back! I never found time to really build much for it the last time round though, so not sure if I'll bother with it this time or not yet. We'll see...

I've noticed all the AG1 posts have been moved in to an archive sub forum, but I don't seem to have permission to look at it. There's still a few builds from AG1 I haven't looked at yet (I'm obviously a slow reader as well as a slow builder...)

On 07/07/2017 at 10:09 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Can we have just an idea about the time out between the 2 era ?

Let's say a few months, maybe a year. I'd prefer not to give a precise time to give players more freedom.

13 hours ago, AC_ said:

I've noticed all the AG1 posts have been moved in to an archive sub forum, but I don't seem to have permission to look at it. There's still a few builds from AG1 I haven't looked at yet (I'm obviously a slow reader as well as a slow builder...)

Does it work now?

4 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Does it work now?

Yes thanks :classic:

If we are coming in with a new character, should we do a formal introduction thread, or wait until jobs, etc. are explained?

Can we change corporation or are we expected to stay in the same one? Have there been significant changes to the job/role mechanics? I found that a lot of the time, the "spying/espionage/special operations" stuff was either too restricted and literal or way too vague and wide open. Too much focus on whether something should really count as a "special operation" when the exact meaning of that terminology is vague by design and was never properly defined in AG. Basically, this means I'd be reluctant to continue in that role unless it's been changed to either be very well defined or if the lack of definition that I think is inherent to it has more consistent support during judging and feedback this time around. Does this all make sense?

On 8/13/2017 at 7:36 AM, Jody Meyer said:

Um...so did something happen that might have slowed the launch of ag2? :look:

Same question here. @Bob De Quatre anything? I'm mean I'm cool if it'll take a bit extra, but I'd love a little more communique. 

We are using the prologue time to finish up the details and the technical changes for AG2.

For now, there are little participants in the AG2 prologue challenge... so we hope for a little more activity before launching.

@Jody Meyer, @Mesabi I'm just overwhelmed by my new job, and the little Lego time I have, I spend it building things for two upcoming conventions... I need to take a few days to work on AG2, finish the rules and more importantly update the software... I just can't find those few days for now. But if you want to build for AG, just build, you don't really need a bunch of rules and all, just build.

12 hours ago, narbilu said:

We are using the prologue time to finish up the details and the technical changes for AG2.

For now, there are little participants in the AG2 prologue challenge... so we hope for a little more activity before launching.

I feel this is a little bit of chicken and egg though. For instance I don't want to build anything until I know more about the rules because I'm not sure if I am continuing my story or making a new character. A lot hinges on how the game is set up. I guess I could just build random AG builds that won't tie into a bigger AG2 storyline, but I don't know that I have much desire to as it seems like total throw away and pointless.

On my side, I prepare some builds in advance, the story will come after, depending the rules and the map. But I think I will be able to post some little pics for the Prologue during september.

Got something in the works. Should be able to finish sometime this month. Sorry anyone who I disappointing for not being there during the conclusion.

~Insectoid Aristocrat 

I'm thinking something to come back to Andromeda... wish I didn't feel like I'm running in circle... around the idea :snicker: