Bregir

Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

7 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Large factories shall receive a bounty of 400DB, medium 200DB and small 100DB. 

Well, I don't know about y'all, but I'm going to milk this for what this is worth. Be prepared for 3 at least medium factories from me! :devil:

Just now, Mesabi said:

Well, I don't know about y'all, but I'm going to milk this for what this is worth. Be prepared for 3 at least medium factories from me! :devil:

Milk away! Although the Governor reserves the right to withhold the bounty if he feels quality is being sacrificed for quantity...

6 hours ago, Mesabi said:

If you have the parts, try to go for a large factory. Not only do you get a higher bounty and monthly yield, but you have more room on the inside for actual "factory stuff". My current build is medium sized because I lack the parts for a larger version, but I wish I had more room on the inside.

23 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

The Corlander settlement of Jameston is looking to increase it's industrial capacity.

Great initiative, Ayrlego and Corrington :thumbup:

Darn, I'd really need more building time...

On 3.11.2017 at 8:50 PM, Ayrlego said:

The Office of the Governor, Jameston, Celestia, Paradise Isles. 4 November 617AE

Citizens of Corrington in New Terra,

The Corlander settlement of Jameston is looking to increase it's industrial capacity. To this end as Governor, I have recently authorised incentives for individuals and companies to invest in this area in Jameston. For each factory established in Jameston in the month of November, the Colonial government will not only pay the full licensing fee, but also award a bounty dependent on the size of the factory. Large factories shall receive a bounty of 400DB, medium 200DB and small 100DB. Due to our famous national innovation, remember that Corlander factories attract greater profits and running costs are cheaper than other nations. Unlike certain other nations of the Brick Seas, Corlander ports in the Paradise Isles shall remain open to all nations tariff free and foreign investment is welcomed (OOC this incentive applies all all BoBS members, not just those of Corrington). Interested parties should contact the office of the governor to apply. (OOC post your MOC in the Jameston thread and the money shall be transferred).

Long Live the Queen!

Dirk Allcock,

Colonel and Knight of the order of the Compass Rose,

Governor of the Paradise Isles.

My first offering is done and licensed, I expect a donation of 245DB shortly. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

My first offering is done and licensed, I expect a donation of 245DB shortly. :thumbup:

The Governor's agents have placed instructions with the bank and should you check your account you will see that the funds have been transferred. A pleasure doing business with you Sir. May your investment in Jameston be profitable.  

Mr Samuel Woodruff

Secretary to the Colonial Governor and Managing Director of the Allcock Estate.

3 hours ago, Flavius Gratian said:

I have built a brig for Cruisers of Terra Nova

Incentive paid :)

37895328225_b319928869_c.jpg

The Paradise Isles Regiment of Colonial Militia

By Order of the Colonial Governor, a Regiment of Colonial Militia is to be raised for the defence of the Paradise Isles. This Regiment will initially consist of two companies, one stationed at Myzectlan or Camp Isaac on Cascadia and the other at Jameston, Celestia.

Incorporating lessons learnt from the observations of the Eslandolan-Mardierian conflict on the Isle de Medio, the training of these troops will not focus on fighting as part of the line. Rather they will be trained for operations in the wild environment of Celestia and Cascadia with a focus on independent skirmishing and marksmanship.

Long live the Queen!

------

OOC: just some troops I'm playing with!

@Ayrlego: Very cool, I love how many unit builds people come up with. I would like to add some of these to my own collection, so: what torso is that?

Just now, Drunknok said:

@Ayrlego: Very cool, I love how many unit builds people come up with. I would like to add some of these to my own collection, so: what torso is that?

Thanks! From the new PotC line: poc038 on Bricklink.

You can also get a very similar torso in Light and Dark Bley

Just now, Ayrlego said:

Thanks! From the new PotC line: poc038 on Bricklink.

You can also get a very similar torso in Light and Dark Bley

Ouch, as a gimmick thing these are too expensive for me. Do you have BL codes for the grey versions?

Just now, Drunknok said:

Ouch, as a gimmick thing these are too expensive for me. Do you have BL codes for the grey versions?

Dark Bley: poc039

Light Bley: poc041 and poc040

Just now, Ayrlego said:

Dark Bley: poc039

Light Bley: poc041 and poc040

Argh, even more expensive. But they are available only from the "Silent Mary" kit...

Still thanks for the inspiration, but I think I will have to pass on these. The WTC can keep up the order in their settlements without help anyway. :devil:

Great looking troops, Ayrlego - you really have a knack for fig barfs!

Also:

Masting sheer now operational in King's Harbour as the first major facility for the naval base.

38606910041_db682ef006.jpg

To Jonathan Cooke,

The WTC formally requests your permission to Land a regiment in or near Mooreton Bay. While we have never had to request permission to place our troops in any settlement, we find do to the aggressive actions of "Mayor" "Hume" that requesting your permission is necessary. 

Firstly, the WTC Icarus Returning is loaded with highly explosive mining supplies. We cannot legally allow anyone else to handle said mining supplies for insurance reasons. We need to inspect, and move them to a warehouse in Mooreton Bay to insure the safety of the harbour, and it's inhabitants. Let's not have a repeat of the WTC Wolf's Blood.

Secondly, we have become increasingly concerned with the treatment of WTC crew in Mooreton Bay. We have received Zero contact from them, other than the news of the "accidental" death of a marine. We find this highly suspicious, and request a review of his death. 

Thirdly, we must remind you that we are a Corrish entity, and thus respectful of Corrish laws. However, we are not based out of Mooreton Bay, and if "Mayor" "Hume" is mistreating our crew, that would put us in conflict with Mooreton Bay. We respect all of Corrington's laws, but we should not be expected to respect anyone who chooses to disrespect and misuse those laws, including, but not limited to, Abuse of Colonial Authority, Mistreatment of Corrish citizens, an ignorance of Habeas Corpus, A disregard of weapons of destruction, false imprisonment, failure to pay fines imposed by a Corrish entity, failure to release seized property, and gross disregard for Corlander Citizen's safety. As this is currently a conflict between the settlement of Mooreton Bay, and the WTC, we ask that you allow us to deescalate the situation. 

Thusly, we ask that you allow an armed regiment to land in Mooreton Bay, to disarm the Icarus Returning, release the crew not involved in the alleged acts of Piracy, and with your blessing, return the WTC Icarus Returning to Service. As we have already lost a man in a suspicious incident, we must keep our men armed to insure our safety. And Finally, we remind you that no other Trade Corporation has to ask, or has had to ask to place troops in a settlement.

Regards,

Agnes Mesabi

OOC: Really having fun with this. But remember guys, we're all here to have fun. As Hot as IC tempers can be, we all need to be cool OOC. That goes for all of us. Anyways, I'd can't wait to see ya'll's IC responses. Whatever happens with this, Tyrell will still be tried in a court of Corrish Law. This is all about whether the crew and ship can be weaseled out. 

@Mesabi

To Countess Mesabi,  

Thank you for your warning regarding the cargo of the WTC Icarus Returning. I have taken measures to have the vessel towed to a safe distance from the settlement. Should you require it, an officer under guard may supervise the towing.

I am certain the unfortunate death of your crew member will be properly accounted for during the court case.

Should you have any misgivings about her Majesty's courts or representatives, you may bring it up in an official complaint to the Admiralty or in Parliament. 

Signed
Captain Jonathan Cooke, RN
Colonial Governor of the Southern Isles 

PS. If the WTC persists in making threats against Corlander citizens, officials, shipping, or settlements, or offer to take action against her Majesty's representatives acting on legitimate orders, I shall take measures to disarm all WTC personnel and confiscate all WTC assets in the Southern Isles.  

Further, should the WTC proceed to land troops anywhere on the Southern Isles without express written permission from my hand, it will be considered an aggression against her Majesty and Corrington, and the aggression put down with all necessary means. Additionally, I shall recommend that the WTC is dissolved and outlawed throughout the Brick Seas. This includes, but is not limited to, landing a regiment in or around Mooreton Bay. And I assure you that any Corlander or foreign entity with the WTC's history would be denied landing troops within my area of responsibility.

@Flavius Gratian

To Lieutenant Lavendwood, 

During the recent gunnery practice, I noted good accuracy of fire, although the time between shots was less than impressive. And while it is certainly better to hit with one shot than miss with several, I trust I need not advice you that swift, accurate fire is the hallmark of every naval success. 

Please find enclosed your orders. 

Captain Cooke 

Lavendwood's orders:

Spoiler

Lieutenant Lavendwood, 

You are hereby required and requested to proceed to Mooreton Bay at the utmost dispatch, there to assist Mayor Hume as necessary in guarding port and settlement. The Brig-of-war Justicia (under Lt. Mcleod) will join your gunboats, and be at your command. Please find enclosed a letter to be delivered to Mayor Hume as soon as you arrive. Additionally, three carrier pigeons for the mayor will be delivered to your pier before departure. 

Your first task is to tow the "WTC Icarus Returning" to a safe anchorage well outside the port. Please be advised that the vessel is allegedly loaded with volatile explosives, so exhibit the greatest care in handling her, and ensure that a possible explosion does not endanger the settlement or shipping. The WTC may require a WTC officer be present. In that case, keep him respectfully under guard, as he is nominally a prisoner accused of piracy.

Please be aware that the situation in Mooreton Bay may be tense, and that you are to advice with Mayor Hume in all political matters. 

Signed

[OOC: For now, this is only IC – no MRCA action required.] 

Letter to Mayor Hume: @Ayrlego

Spoiler

To Mayor Hume, 

I am informed that a piracy trial is underway in Mooreton Bay, and that there are some concerns that the trial may cause unrest, or even risks that some may try interfering with her Majesty's justice. 

Hence, I have detached two gunboats and a brig under command of Lt. Lavendwood, who will be at your disposal. First, he will tow the Icarus out of range of the settlement, as it is allegedly loaded with explosives. The WTC may require a WTC officer be present, which I am prepared to grant, given that he is kept under guard.

Apart from this letter, three carrier pigeons will be delivered for you to contact me in case of an emergency. The full military might of the Southern Isles will be at your disposal, should crisis emerge, and I stand entirely behind you, having every expectation of you handling this case professionally and fairly. 

I feel obliged to inform you that the WTC has requested permission to land a regiment in Mooreton Bay to liberate the crew of the WTC vessel. Naturally, I cannot oblige such a preposterous request, but the WTC may act rashly upon this response.  

Signed

Before we continue this, I realized we kinda have a problem.

So, my obvious next step would be to try and go over Cooke's head, which would be the Prime Minister, which is a role that hasn't been created yet.

On 7/6/2017 at 3:49 PM, Bregir said:

The Noble Parliament

The Noble Parliament consists of the nobility of Corrington and is led by the Prime Minister. It directly commands the Royal Navy and the Royal Armed Forces, and controls all diplomatic relations, as well as upholds the law. It is led by the Prime Minister, who oversees and coordinates the Admiralty Board, the Headquarter of the Armed Forces, and Ministry of State.

• Corlander Nobles
    • Counts
      • Count Mesabi of Debonshire ( @Mesabi)
    • The Order of the Compass Rose
      • Knights
      • Commanders
        • N/A
      • Grand Commanders
        • N/A

The Admiralty Board

The Admiralty Board consists of all admirals (down to rear-admiral) and commands all assets of the Royal Navy. It is led by the Admiral of the Fleet, who, considering the importance of the Royal Navy to Corrington, mans one of the most prestigious positions in Corrington. Ranks up to and including Commander are locally appointed, while any position from Post-Captain and upwards warrants Royal Decree. (OOC: You can play your advancement up to Commander, but from there, you will have to earn you promotion.)

Current ranks (From Post-Captain upwards)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Admirals
  • Rear-Admirals
    Typically in command of large squadrons or small theatres/fleets.
  • Commodores

• Post Captains
    Typically in command of frigates of ships of the line (Class 5-7). Sometimes including auxiliary vessels.
    • Captain Jonathan Cooke ( @Bregir)

I'm just bringing this up. Maybe once we've resolved the whole Trial Business, we should hold an election or something? Just a thought.

@Mesabi

We will not be filling any positions before it makes sense. The ruling body IC is the Parliament(s) , which OOC is what we discuss and decide in the Corrington PM.

First step in going over Cooke's head would technically be Fletcher. ;)

Or the Minister of the Colonies, which is Woodbrose (Ska).

However, I think the WTC may have to accept that no governmental body will allow you to take military action against the state.

Just now, Bregir said:

@Mesabi

We will not be filling any positions before it makes sense. The ruling body IC is the Parliament(s) , which OOC is what we discuss and decide in the Corrington PM.

First step in going over Cooke's head would technically be Fletcher. ;)

Or the Minister of the Colonies, which is Woodbrose (Ska).

However, I think the WTC may have to accept that no governmental body will allow you to take military action against the state.

Uh... According to the Flowchart, isn't it the house of representatives, and then you're appointed to the Noble Parliament. Correct me if I'm wrong, that's just the way I saw things.

Other points, 

You play both Cooke and Fletcher, so I think the responses would be similar.

Ska has been MIA for like a year now. I mean he might beetlejuice here, but I don't expect anything more.

Finally, at this point it's more about trying to get Hume and Cooke fired IC, not millitary action. We're pretty easily distracted, and we kinda just jump at whatever. :pir_tong2:

Oh! And I believe this video sums up the WTC and Corrington (Warning, Mild Language)