Bregir

Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

1 minute ago, evancelt said:

Welcome @MetallFanYT!

4 minutes ago, Brickwolf said:

Welcome to Corrington!

Thank you very much :pir-classic:

I have some more questions:

1. Is it allowed to build a House in a Town in Brethren of the Brick Seas which was not found by me and if yes is there something I have to pay attention to ?

3. Do Houses/Ships need to be licensed if i dont play with the basic economic system ?

4. How can i found a new town ?

5. Can I build Mocs about old wars Corrington fought or only new Wars ?

6. How far can a group of soldiers (for example: Regiment) move ?

Sincerely MetallFanYT :pir-blush:

8 minutes ago, MetallFanYT said:

Thank you very much :pir-classic:

I have some more questions:

1. Is it allowed to build a House in a Town in Brethren of the Brick Seas which was not found by me and if yes is there something I have to pay attention to ?

3. Do Houses/Ships need to be licensed if i dont play with the basic economic system ?

6. How far can a group of soldiers (for example: Regiment) move ?

Sincerely MetallFanYT :pir-blush:

1. You can build in any Corrington town and most foreign towns (check the settlement thread) you want. Some towns have distinctive building styles, it is encouraged to adhere to these styles. Make your builds licensable for the Economic game system (EGS) so they can be licensed by the settlement or Corrington.

3. No, but participating in the EGS is encouraged and it is fun.

4. After several builds, when ýou have shown faction leadership that you are serious about it, choose a place and start building. Coordinate this with @Bregir and @Ayrlego.

5. You can build Mocs about old wars, e.g. Juniper war.

6.  For roleplaying reasons, you can move your unit around as much as you want. Tactical movements happen in the MRCA after the unit was raised in the EGS.

Brickwolf beat me to answering, here is where I got to when he replied!

22 minutes ago, MetallFanYT said:

Yes, not only is it allowed but it is encouraged. Most Corrington players start in an established settlement and develop their characters story. Then after a little while, some will set off to found their own settlement somewhere. We have many settlements that you could choose to start in, some of which do not have active mayors. Some settlements will have distinctive styles that you are encouraged to build in - but this is not essential (Port Woodhouse is classic white stucco with red roofs, Spudkirk is bright colours, Stormhaven is on stilts above a mangrove swamp etc.) Characteristics of settlements can be found in the settlement thread or by looking at previous builds in that settlement. It can be fun to try and tie your build into another builders ideas or themes, but like I said, it is not essential.

No. Or if you do decide later to participate in the EGS, you can always license them later.

See my answer for question 1. We'd prefer you to establish yourself in an existing location first, then after several builds we can talk about establishing a new settlement. I'll invite you to our faction PM after this post.

1 minute ago, Brickwolf said:

We are not currently in a war with any player faction, although we are still at war with the Lotus Empire in the far east (New Haven Sea). You can MOC previous wars but be sure to read up on the history first.

For question 6, Brickwolf said it perfectly!

2 minutes ago, Brickwolf said:

6.  For roleplaying reasons, you can move your unit around as much as you want. Tactical movements happen in the MRCA after the unit was raised in the EGS

So if it is just for story telling, your troops can appear anywhere. But if the a settlement is attacked in the EGS, only EGS troops can defend it.

19 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

Brickwolf beat me to answering, here is where I got to when he replied!

Yes, not only is it allowed but it is encouraged. Most Corrington players start in an established settlement and develop their characters story. Then after a little while, some will set off to found their own settlement somewhere. We have many settlements that you could choose to start in, some of which do not have active mayors. Some settlements will have distinctive styles that you are encouraged to build in - but this is not essential (Port Woodhouse is classic white stucco with red roofs, Spudkirk is bright colours, Stormhaven is on stilts above a mangrove swamp etc.) Characteristics of settlements can be found in the settlement thread or by looking at previous builds in that settlement. It can be fun to try and tie your build into another builders ideas or themes, but like I said, it is not essential.

No. Or if you do decide later to participate in the EGS, you can always license them later.

See my answer for question 1. We'd prefer you to establish yourself in an existing location first, then after several builds we can talk about establishing a new settlement. I'll invite you to our faction PM after this post.

We are not currently in a war with any player faction, although we are still at war with the Lotus Empire in the far east (New Haven Sea). You can MOC previous wars but be sure to read up on the history first.

For question 6, Brickwolf said it perfectly!

So if it is just for story telling, your troops can appear anywhere. But if the a settlement is attacked in the EGS, only EGS troops can defend it.

23 minutes ago, Brickwolf said:

1. You can build in any Corrington town and most foreign towns (check the settlement thread) you want. Some towns have distinctive building styles, it is encouraged to adhere to these styles. Make your builds licensable for the Economic game system (EGS) so they can be licensed by the settlement or Corrington.

3. No, but participating in the EGS is encouraged and it is fun.

4. After several builds, when ýou have shown faction leadership that you are serious about it, choose a place and start building. Coordinate this with @Bregir and @Ayrlego.

5. You can build Mocs about old wars, e.g. Juniper war.

6.  For roleplaying reasons, you can move your unit around as much as you want. Tactical movements happen in the MRCA after the unit was raised in the EGS.

Thank you a lot ;)