Bregir

Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

On 12/12/2020 at 2:46 AM, valon said:

are you still at war with olean ? i am considering joining corrington and want to know if a battle moc i have will work

Hey, welcome! You can always place your MOC chronologically in the "not-so-ancient history", back at Juniper war or any relevant past war between OL and COR.

On 12/12/2020 at 1:46 AM, valon said:

are you still at war with olean ? i am considering joining corrington and want to know if a battle moc i have will work

The war with Oleon has now ended with the peace on Terraversa, but Corrington is still at war with the Lotus Empire (China-parallel), the main potential battleground being El Oleonda.

Hello ! I am planing on joining the Empire of Corrington very soon, I already have the sigfig picture taken but would like to know what the last 2~3 major wars Corrington has taken part in for my charcter's origins story. Looking forward to become a Brethren of the brick seas!

13 minutes ago, CaptainEdwardNoon said:

Hello ! I am planing on joining the Empire of Corrington very soon,

Welcome and I look forward to your intro post for your sigfig!

13 minutes ago, CaptainEdwardNoon said:

would like to know what the last 2~3 major wars Corrington has taken part in for my charcter's origins story.

The most recent war was with Oleon in the Brick Seas and just wrapped up with peace on Terraversa. I think there is still war with the Lotus Empire.

A previous war is the Juniper War

This is my character Killian Goodwill, delighted to join the Empire of Corrington. 

BoBS Character introduction

Killian Goodwill was born with the eyes of his father and the smile of his mother. Killian passed most of his early years in a good and caring home, this all changed after the death of his father who died serving the Corrington Empire. Killians mother left soon after because she could not live with the constant reminder of her beloved husband. He was thus sent to live at his grandfather's estate, an old and grumpy veteran who earned the rank of general during the several wars against Oleon. Raised by his strict grandfather, he developed useful skills needed in the military. As soon as he was of age, with a need to impress his grandfather and with his father in mind, Killian enlisted in the army. After a couple years of service, he made the rank of field artillery captain, which he served as proudly. However, after the death of his Grandfather, Killian no longer felt the need to stay in the army and instead decided that it was time to establish the Goodwill family as something else than soldiers. Thus, with his newly inherited fortune, Killian Goodwill started a new chapter of his life...

Welcome to the Brick Seas, @lmcpicture!  Fantastic intro vignette (loving those curtains!) and great presentation with the picture in the background :classic:  Looking forward to seeing what Killian and the Goodwill family turns to now! 

Welcome aboard, Killian! A pleasure to have you here. We will add you to our pm at next convenience.

if you have any questions to the lore, faction, rules, or anything else, feel free to ask them here, and we will do our best to assist you. In the meantime, you just have time to look into the current challenge, if it suits you. Otherwise, you can go ahead and build for your own story, or whatever you are up for.

If you want to get started on the EGS (economic game system), remember you have a free small property and class two vessel as well.

Fair winds!

It is my pleasure to introduce my character captain Edward Scarver and to pledge my loyalty to the Empire of Corrington 

---

Edward Scarver was the eldest son and heir of a successful merchant captain who owned shares in a number of ships. Edward grew up in Belson, where he attended the Archeon navigation College granting him intimate knowledge in the art of navigation. During his teen years, before attending the College, Edward accompanied his father as an apprentice on trade expeditions to the new world. Edward instantly fell in love with the wildness of the new world, from tropical islands filled with exotic animals and dense untouched jungles, to hurricanes and aggressive sea rats… the young Edward loved it all. As war broke once again between Oleon and Corrington, an 18 year old Edward signed up as a sailor aboard the 80 gun 2nd rate ship of the line HMS Hera. Hera fought in countless battles and lost many men along the way, but despite the horrors he had seen, Edward was finally reunited with the tropical world he had been dreaming of ever since his apprenticeship on his fathers ship. When Corrington lost the Juniper war, Edward resigned his position in the navy and acquired a letter of marque. He left on a 3 year privateering expedition in command of two of his father's frigates, the sister ships HMS Duke and HMS Duchess. He accumulated enough riches during the expedition to gain him a reputation amongst investors as a trustworthy and capable privateer. 

Captain Edward Scarver - BoBS character Introduction, read story on eurobricks

Since then, Captain Edward Scarver has bought a small property in Port Woodhouse and has been serving the Queen and her Empire as an active privateer.

---

Hello everyone!

So I've been wanting to join Corrington for a long time now, I've tried to catch up on the rules and guidlines these past couple weeks but would definetly appreciate some help on certain topics :pir-grin:

I have a couple goals for my characters arc and would like to help out as much as possible so if you guys have any suggestions on what I can do to help feel free to tell me!

Edited by Justsomebrix

14 hours ago, evancelt said:

And an initial build in Port Woodhouse @Justsomebrix?

Yes I'm planning on it, but I just left on vacation so I won't be able to build anything these next 2 weeks. I was wondering how travel works in the game? I'm a bit confused on the importance of the place you start your story

6 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

Yes I'm planning on it, but I just left on vacation so I won't be able to build anything these next 2 weeks. I was wondering how travel works in the game? I'm a bit confused on the importance of the place you start your story

Hope you're having a great vacation!

There are a few types of travel/movement in the game, but the big difference is between your sigfig and ships/troops.

Your sigfig can pretty much move about the Brick Seas magically with little regard for time and space. For the purposes of your story, you may want to map out a route using the available maps, or focus on a single region to make it plausible.

During the recent almost war in Terraversa a number of our sigfigs appeared on the island from across the Brick Seas.

Also, just because you called out Port Woodhouse in your intro story doesn't mean you have to build there first! And builds don't have to feature your sigfig at all! Lots of leeway

Ships and troops can only move so far each game turn, so there are more rules surrounding that.

On 7/27/2021 at 3:47 PM, evancelt said:

Hope you're having a great vacation!

There are a few types of travel/movement in the game, but the big difference is between your sigfig and ships/troops.

Your sigfig can pretty much move about the Brick Seas magically with little regard for time and space. For the purposes of your story, you may want to map out a route using the available maps, or focus on a single region to make it plausible.

During the recent almost war in Terraversa a number of our sigfigs appeared on the island from across the Brick Seas.

Also, just because you called out Port Woodhouse in your intro story doesn't mean you have to build there first! And builds don't have to feature your sigfig at all! Lots of leeway

Ships and troops can only move so far each game turn, so there are more rules surrounding that.

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification

1 hour ago, MetallFanYT said:

Is it still possible to join Corrington?

Sincerely, 

MetallFanYT

Indeed! If you have any questions before posting your introduction, you can ask them here or send a PM to @Ayrlego & @Bregir!

1. Can a Character theoretically buy a Rank up to Captain (in his Story; for example: His father died and he used the money he got to buy a rank in the army) ?

2. Is it possible to found a new town or something like that ?

3. Is it allowed to build Forts ? 

4. Can i create a new Regiment in which my sigfig is serving (for example: 22 Regiment of foot) ?

5. Has a ship to be licensed even if the builder does not participate in the basic economic system ?

6. Would this story be allowed: "I have the honor to introduce you to Captain George Hewlett today.
When he was 19 years old, his father died of natural causes.
With the money he left him, he bought the rank of ("captain") at ("HM Royal Marines")." ...

7. Can my sigfig have a wife and childs ?

I hope that aren´t to many questions. :pir-look:

Edited by MetallFanYT
More questions

Welcome to BoBS MetallfanYT,

42 minutes ago, MetallFanYT said:

1. Can a Character theoretically buy a Rank up to Captain (in his Story; for example: His father died and he used the money he got to buy a rank in the army) ?

Yes, no problems here. Ranks after Captain are appointed by the faction, anything up to and including Captain can be determined by your story.

43 minutes ago, MetallFanYT said:

2. Is it possible to found a new town or something like that ?

Yes, although first you are encouraged to start building in an existing settlement, A list of all settlements can be found here

45 minutes ago, MetallFanYT said:

3. Is it allowed to build Forts ? 

Absolutely. Although if you are playing the EGS they are expensive to maintain. In Corrington Forts are generally managed by the faction, so players are welcome to build them, then donate them to the faction to pay the upkeep. I would recommend discussing with your faction before deciding a location for a new fort. Of course if you aren't playing the EGS, then feel free to build away and not worry about any of the above!

47 minutes ago, MetallFanYT said:

4. Can i create a new Regiment in which my sigfig is serving (for example: 22 Regiment of foot) ?

Yes, although check out this link to make sure the number you assign your regiment has not already been used.

48 minutes ago, MetallFanYT said:

5. Has a ship to be licensed even if the builder does not participate in the basic economic system ?

No, you only need to license a ship if you are participating in the EGS.

48 minutes ago, MetallFanYT said:

6. Would this story be allowed:

At the age of 19, I'd recommend he start as a Lieutenant (promotion is quick in the colonies), but other than that yes, no issues at all with your story!

50 minutes ago, MetallFanYT said:

7. Can my sigfig have a wife and childs ?

Of course, your sigfig's backstory is completely up to you!

51 minutes ago, MetallFanYT said:

I hope that aren´t to many questions. 

No worries at all, please ask away - it is complicated to understand everything when starting. This guide is a good start when signing up.

20 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

Welcome to BoBS MetallfanYT,

Yes, no problems here. Ranks after Captain are appointed by the faction, anything up to and including Captain can be determined by your story.

Yes, although first you are encouraged to start building in an existing settlement, A list of all settlements can be found here

Absolutely. Although if you are playing the EGS they are expensive to maintain. In Corrington Forts are generally managed by the faction, so players are welcome to build them, then donate them to the faction to pay the upkeep. I would recommend discussing with your faction before deciding a location for a new fort. Of course if you aren't playing the EGS, then feel free to build away and not worry about any of the above!

Yes, although check out this link to make sure the number you assign your regiment has not already been used.

No, you only need to license a ship if you are participating in the EGS.

At the age of 19, I'd recommend he start as a Lieutenant (promotion is quick in the colonies), but other than that yes, no issues at all with your story!

Of course, your sigfig's backstory is completely up to you!

No worries at all, please ask away - it is complicated to understand everything when starting. This guide is a good start when signing up.

Thank you very much :pir-huzzah2:

It is my pleasure to introduce my character Captain George McIndoe. 

After joning the the Royal Armed Forces of Corrington he bought, with the money his dead grandfather left him, the Rank of a Lieutenant.

His first command was in the the 20th Regiment of Foot "Corrington Highlanders" in the colonies. There he quickly got promoted and his father helped him getting Captain in HM Royal Corrington Marines. 

My sig fig

George McIndoe is the oldest Son of his father Captain Charles McIndoe and his mother Sophia McIndoe. 

Captain Charles McIndoe. Father of Captain George McIndoe.

Like his father he joined the Royal Armed Forces of Corrington. He is 36 Years old has a wife named Samantha McIndoe. She is 34 Years old.

Captain George McIndoe and his Wife Samantha McIndoe.

Currently his father is Captain in the 92nd Regiment of Foot "McIndoe Highlanders" and he is Captain in HM Royal Corrington Marines.

(I know that he and his father have the same Rank so see him as a talent) ;)

You can find their Regiments here:

Edited by MetallFanYT