Bregir

Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

14 minutes ago, boeing_787_8_dreamliner said:

William Parker was born in Corrington. Grew up in poor circumstances. At the age of 12 he went to sea for the first time on a warship. He fought bravely in many battles and soon attained the rank of lieutenant. In a bloody battle he lost his leg and was captured. After returning from captivity, he resigned from the Royal Navy for health reasons. Then he started a career at a royal shipyard. He worked his way up the ranks fairly quickly and earned a substantial sum. He opened his own shipyard and from now on builds ships for the Royal Navy.

What do I have to do if I have several ships and want to give them to other players?

Welcome @boeing_787_8_dreamliner / William Parker!

@Bregir or @Ayrlego will add you to the various faction chats soon, where you can then discuss giving ships to the faction!

Welcome on board, Mr. Parker! Shipbuilding is always appreciated. I suggest you take a look at the GoC tasks for shipbuilding. You can also check this topic for a nice introduction to BoBS.

In any case, any ship to be used in bobs needs to first be posted on this subforum, preferably with some story. I am certain there will be people willing to purchase your ships or help you finance getting them active.

Looking forward to following your story and seeing your ships! Lovely introduction build!

(EDIT: Clever photoshopping with the ship models! Looks really cool, particularly the open model on the left)

@boeing_787_8_dreamliner Lovely introduction post, welcome to the team !

As Bregir said you should definitely check out the GoC tasks as there are (I believe) 2 tasks that requires 3 ships each.

You could also apply to join the ETTC, Corrington's largest trade company, who definitely could need more ships. 

Edited by Justsomebrix

18 hours ago, DeathCap said:

Can I get added to the faction chat please?

Added!

Cooke and Montoya is back in form (for real, this time :pir-wink:) and are currently in Westface.

52075743005_1a7c098755.jpg

Hi all,

I want to introduce you to a new guy in the New World! His name is Peter Nash, a well-known architect from Corrington. He is very experienced with designing real estate. He learned a lot from earlier times, like how castles has been build, etc. But at the moment he experienced no challenge anymore, so he decided to leave the country to go to the New World. And.. he's not alone! He took his wife en children with him. Maybe, once, they can also contribute building up the new world!

BoBS - Sigfig

Edited by Bricksbypidy

Very interesting presentation. And well done first BoBS MOC.

Here is some BoBS MAPs

OW NORTH Series MapT-MCRA Map - Clear

There is no Great Britain. But Corrington will fits you well ;) Welcome to BoBS

Welcome @Bricksbypidy! Glad to have you on board!

Like @Professor Thaum said, while Corrington is styled after Great Britain it isn't GB :pir-grin: Your story would work 100% if you just changed 'Great Britain' to 'Corrington' in your intro.

Soon @Ayrlego or @Bregir will add you to the various Corrington private chats so you can see the inner workings of the faction.

3 hours ago, Bricksbypidy said:

Peter Nash, a well-known architect

Congrats for picking the most appropriate character path for a lego game. Welcome. 

Thanks guys, I changed GB to Corrington in my storyline. And maybe an 'architect' isn't the most creative profession to choose. But it also fits (a bit) my personal life. :)

Welcome to the Colonies, Peter Nash! An architect will be an excellent addition to our ranks, perhaps add a little more style to our colonial buildings!

(And since I do not think we have seen an architect before, I would say it is perfectly creative! :pir-wink:)

Rear-Admiral Fletcher
Commander-in-Chief, Terra Novan Fleet
HMS Legion
Seawatch
24th of June, 623

Subject: Urgent Request for Reinforcements to Address Piratical Activity

To the Lords of the Admiralty,

I write to urgently bring to your attention the critical situation regarding the escalating piratical activity within our jurisdiction in Terra Nova. As our current fleet, under my command, remains engaged in countering the aggressive actions of the Lotus Empire in the far East, we are hard pressed to effectively handle the increasing piratical threat in these waters.

The war with the Lotus has diverted a significant portion of our fleet's strength, leaving a vulnerable void in our defence against piracy. The pirates have seized this opportunity to heighten their activities, inflicting significant losses upon our trade routes and coastal settlements. Urgent action is required to safeguard our interests and restore stability to our seas.

In light of the above, I respectfully request immediate reinforcements to strengthen our fleet's capabilities in countering the rising tide of piracy.

The urgency of this matter cannot be overstated, as any delays in countering this threat risks further emboldening the pirates, exacerbating the threat to our colonies and trade routes. Swift action and support from the Admiralty are vital to addressing this urgent situation and ensuring the safety and prosperity of our maritime interests.

I remain resolute in my commitment to protecting the interests of Corrington in Terra Nova and will take all possible action to resolve the matter with the forces at my availability. However, reinforcements will enable us to effectively combat the rising piratical threat and protect the interest of the Crown.

In Her Majesty's Service,

Rear-Admiral Fletcher

*Sealed orders are being sent throughout the Brick Seas, containing the following instruction*

Rear-Admiral Fletcher
HMS Legion
Seawatch
24th of June, 623

To all Corlander Ports, Colonies, and Naval commanders,

To address the current rise in Piratical activity, it has become critical to assess and enhance our current Naval forces in Terra Nova. Upon receiving this assessment, squadrons will be formed to patrol our seas and engage the dastardly pirates attacking our trade and our settlements.

Hence, you are hereby required and requested to return an assessment of the current naval strength available in your colony or, for squadrons on detached service, under your command, detailing the type, size, and armament, as well as the commanding officer.

In addition, you are required to report upon the state of readiness of any ships under construction and/or any other expected or possible accession of strength, including an assessment of whether these ships can be made ready for the next season (tMRCA). 

Last, your assessment should include a listing of naval officers currently without a command, as these may be critical to captain new vessels.

The importance of this assignment cannot be overstated, and your full attention and diligence is expected to carry out this task.

In Her Majesty's Service

Rear-Admiral Fletcher
Commander-in-Chief
Terra Novan Fleet

To Commander-in-Chief Rear-Admiral Fletcher (@Bregir),

I have received your message and I join in the need to put our fleet in order. Here is the list of ships with which I have connections and which can contribute to the safety of Corrington:

El Cisne - Class 1 (currently @ Nouveau Oleandia (51))
HMS Atropolis - Class 4 (currently @ Fuerte Unido (32)) ( @Bregir, this one isn't licensed right. It's still on DeathCaps name, but it's mine - I've bought it from DeathCap). 
Sémilliante - Class 6 (currently @ Port Woodhouse (35))
4 HMS Phama - Class 7 (currently @ Port Woodhouse (35))
5 HMS Melampus - Class 7 (currently @ Port Woodhouse (35))
6 HMS Challenger - Class 5 Not licensed yet, and is reserved for my A-MRCA; planned @ Arlinsport (6).

The ships above are led by naval officer Commander Willem van Baarle.

Do you also want to receive the home ports? [added]

Sir Peter Nash OC,
Baron of Swanley, Knight in the Order of Corrington

Edited by Bricksbypidy

To Commander-in-Chief Rear-Admiral Fletcher (@Bregir),

With Major Brickleton away aiding the efforts on El Oleonda, I write to you as pro tem commander of Fort Stockton in Wullham.

It is my understanding that the following ships are as of yet unplaced, and could aid in the pirate-seeking endeavor.

- The sloop HMS Silverthorne, commanded by Commander Block

- The 5th Rate Frigate HMS Adder, commanded by Captain Groughland

Lieutenant Bollford
Commander of Fort Stockton, Territory of Panarium

6 hours ago, Bricksbypidy said:

Do you also want to receive the home ports?

Yes, please list where they will be able to start the next tMRCA (or as evan, that they are free to be placed anywhere)

To Commander-in-Chief, Rear-Admiral Fletcher (@Bregir)

Having anticipated your orders I have called upon my two remaining ships from my years of privateering, to return to Queenston.

The ships will be refited for war and crewed with my most experienced men. 

Despite wanting nothing more than to take the helm and go back on the hunt, my duties demand I stay in Queenston. I have therefor appointed two of my best officers to captain each of the ships. I trust these men with my life, and I assure you, you will as well.

My ships will sail in consort of Killian Goodwill's own 2 ships, forming a small squandron consisting of :

- Edward Scarver (@Justsomebrix)

• The Andromache, Cutter, class 4
  • The  Ranger, Sloop, class 3 (will be posted soon)

- Killian Goodwill (@lmcpicture)

• The Delphinus Orca, Sloop, class 2
  • The Parvus, Bermuda Sloop, class 3 (will be posted and licenced soon)

As for Queenston,

We are currently undergoing the construction of two class 2 Gun-Sloops.

We have met difficulties along the way due to a lack of supplies here on the frontier. But you have my word that they will both be patroling our waters in no time.

(Additionaly I have been working on a class 6~7 frigate, however I intend to build her in real bricks, so I can't make any promises on when she'll be done)

In Her Majesty's Service,

Your loyal servant,

Edward Scarver, Mayor of Queenston, Island of Arlintina

Edited by Justsomebrix

Hello, I would like to join Corrington.

My sig fig’s name in Captain Adhemar. Born in the colony of Tiberia to a family of rum merchants, Adhemar was sent as a boy to study at the naval academy. A flamboyant dresser and well known duelist, he now captains a three masted, 28 gun ship called Infernal Turk that defends the shipping lanes between the old world of Halos and the colonies. He is still waiting to receive his papers to join the Royal Navy.

*having trouble attaching a photo of my sig fig. I’m using my phone to take photos. Any suggestions for sharing photos anyone?

5AA0A8DB-4693-4BAE-A67B-AF49208EF2EF.jpeg

Edited by Sirharrisonclay
Was able to attach photo of my sig fig. This is captain Adhemar

I would also like to submit the 28 gun ship commanded by captain Adhemar for review by the Royal Navy of Corrington. Attached is his ship Infernal Turk

59884940-958E-4A89-B981-932A4C48BA42.jpeg

6E8E9092-0AE0-4EA7-ABDE-611FB9C8DCA3.jpeg

Edited by Sirharrisonclay

@Sirharrisonclay Welcome to Corrington! Nice introduction. :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Sirharrisonclay said:

having trouble attaching a photo of my sig fig. I’m using my phone to take photos. Any suggestions for sharing photos anyone?

Alot of us use flickr to imbed pictues.