Bregir

Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

5 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

This isn't my job. I'll leave it too the Mods. @Bregir @Ayrlego

About the only true thing you have added to this conversation. Please do indeed leave it to a) Corrington and b) mods going forward.

This is not the sort of community BoBs is. Please adjust.

Same goes for you, @NOD

Your apology is accepted, but I do not want to see a repeat case from you nor Vroski, and particularly not in Corrington's thread.

Thank you.

I'm writing to introduce you to Captain Brickleton.

Currently stationed in the north of Corrington, he recently received orders to gather his company of infantry and light cavalry and to head south to the port at Belson.

With the season changing and the cold winds beginning to blow, he is most ready to head south. While he had distinguished himself as a tactician and leader in past engagements, indiscretions with a general's daughter have stunted his career prospects. He looks on his new orders as a chance to get back in his superiors' good graces.

aspen-1.jpg

Edited by evancelt

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

Recently stationed in the north of Corrington, he recently received orders to gather his company of infantry and light cavalry and to head south to the port at Belson.

With the season changing and the cold winds beginning to blow, he is most ready to head south. While he had distinguished himself as a tactician and leader in past engagements, indiscretions with a general's daughter have stunted his career prospects. He looks on his new orders as a chance to get back in his superiors' good graces.

aspen-1.jpg

Saw your BoBs post on Facebook yesterday. Hope you enjoy yourself here! 

Thank you @Bregir

4 hours ago, evancelt said:

Welcome, and thanks for joining the Best faction on the Brick Seas.

I look forwards to see what you build, the intro build already looks great!

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I'd love some tips on how to get started... not sure what's next :P

8 hours ago, Elostirion said:

@evancelt: This is a really cool intro-MOC already. I am looking forward to seeing more from you.

Welcome to BoBS! :-) 

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Saw your BoBs post on Facebook yesterday. Hope you enjoy yourself here! 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Thank you @Bregir

Welcome, and thanks for joining the Best faction on the Brick Seas.

I look forwards to see what you build, the intro build already looks great!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Welcome the Corrington @evancelt! Easily the best faction!

Thanks!

Welcome to BoBS @evancelt!  Great autumn feel to your introduction build.  I don't think I've ever seen orange used on the ground quite like that before but it's very warm and fall-like.

3 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Welcome to the new redcoat.

To get started you have a free small property and a free class 2 ship.

All infos here

And there

Thanks - will post free small property soon. Any tips on Corrington new world locations with nearby forts that would be a good place for me to build a small residence?

Welcome again @evancelt!

That's a very cool intro build. I like the autumn feel and the mixture of old and new redcoat parts.

Here is a list of all the settlements in BoBS. The Corrington part is up-to-date. Any settlement would be fine. Port Woodhouse has a military focus and a very specific style. King's Harbour, Quinnsville and Port Raleigh are good larger sized settlements and strategic locations. If you like a smaller, more North American style landscape and horses Elizabethville might be a good choice.

@LM71Blackbird

50477959797_1be6abbd13.jpg

By Order of her Royal Majesty, Queen Annetta, Sovereign of Corrington, Balondia, and Her Majesty's Colonies, Major Nathaniel Brickford of the Royal Marines is hereby ordained into the Order of the Compass Rose.

Sir Nathaniel is hereby dubbed "Knight of the Order of the Compass Rose", and henceforth commands the honours thereto connected.

Her Majesty recognises the momentous effort Sir Nathaniel has made in the expansion of Quinnsville and the exploration of the southern New Haven Sea area including the establishment of the Corlander settlement of Brickford Landing. His actions against the Lotii on El Oleonda are also commendable.

Dated on this the 14th day of October, 620 years after the fall of the Great Empire.

37219922484_6f58895399_o.png

@Ayrlego @Bregir

A letter from your Olean counterparts, in response to your declaration of war.

To: Her majesty Queen Annetta

His Most Holy Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth, hereby directs the Duc de Boussac and the Duc de Vele to acknowledge the receipt of the letter dated the 31 october 620, sent by your consul in Terra Nova on your behalf.

According to that letter, our colonial squadron has refused passage to a squadron of Royal Navy in the waters of Nola Mar, which was used as a pretext to declare war on our glorious Kingdom of Oleon. Whilst we aren't obliged to explain the reason of this reaction, we are still willing to share with you our point of view on this matter.

First, our officers leading the interception have observed strictly the code of engagement and refrained from ordering to fire at your ships, despite their aggressive postures.

Second, knowing there was a naval blockade around Terra Versa, we can't help wondering what was the true motive behind these uninvited guests and the cause of their reckless visit to Nola Mar, a town freed from the oppression of a so-called,self-promoted Archduke.

Now Nola Mar is in the hands of the loyalists, who were wrongly described as rebels. In fact, the only traitor is the one who has usurpated the power on this island and placed himself on the top of the people of Terra Versa by manipulation and lie.

It is for this reason that our soldiers were sent there, to help those who remained loyal to their true lord to gain the recognition they deserve. we believe, your majesty, as a lieutenant of the gods and defender of the monarchy, should understand the reason of our intervention better than anyone.

We urge you to cease any act of hostility against the kingdom of Oleon and revoke your support to that treacherous Archduke and his lackeys.

Serviteurs du Roi,

Duc de Vele et Pair d’Oleon, Intendant Général des Finances,

Duc de Boussac, Secrétaire d’État des Colonies.

8 hours ago, Bodi said:

Now Nola Mar is in the hands of the loyalists, who were wrongly described as rebels. In fact, the only traitor is the one who has usurpated the power on this island and placed himself on the top of the people of Terra Versa by manipulation and lie.

Ouch. After the events of the last week this is getting too real. Wake me up when it's over...

1 hour ago, Captain Dee said:

Ouch. After the events of the last week this is getting too real. Wake me up when it's over...

What happened last week? The most notable news was Corrington declared war on Oleon last week.

1 hour ago, Captain Dee said:

In character the game maneuvers all make sense, of course, but it's just too real right now.

Right there with you mate. 

12 hours ago, Bodi said:

A letter from your Olean counterparts, in response to your declaration of war.

We urge you to cease any act of hostility against the kingdom of Oleon and revoke your support to that treacherous Archduke and his lackeys.

All OOC here. Y'all are trying to take Terraversa for all it's worth, which would give you far too much power in the middle of the brick seas. The Casus Belli could be anything at this point! :pir-laugh:

Captain, I get your sentiment, and agree indeed, but let's keep rl politics out of BoBs all we can :)

Also, the views of c(o)unt Mesabi is his own, and does not (necessarily) reflect the official policy of Corrington in any way! :P

7 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Sounds like the U.S. election, starring Agent Orange, Tronald J. ("for genius"), aka The Pathological Liar-in-Chief, who is more divorced from reality than he is from his first 2 wives...

I haven't followed the US election closely, so what you said above is Chinese to me. even if I'm a Chinese.:pir_laugh2:

6 hours ago, Mesabi said:

The Casus Belli

Another Latin citation, I know one of those too, something like pacem...parabellum..., and I donn't mean a 9mm.

are you still at war with olean ? i am considering joining corrington and want to know if a battle moc i have will work

22 hours ago, valon said:

are you still at war with olean ? i am considering joining corrington and want to know if a battle moc i have will work

Welcome valon!

Yes we are still at war with Oleon. It's been a bit quiet lately as we are all waiting on the results of the last 'turn' but I expect that things will heat up again when we get the results.