Bregir

Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

Currently, the Royal Nova Terran Fleet is under the direction of Rear-Admiral Samuel Fletcher (As can be found on the first page here - see cut out below). There are several squadrons. One is in Spudkirk fighting the Lotus, another around Jameston protecting our trade and hunting lotus and pirates. Further west, we have an expedition of three ships in Westface on Terraversa, and a few patrolling the waters around Cocovia and Alicentia. Those are the ones I remember :pir-tongue:

As to your own story, I suggest you start by showing the lieutenant arriving in the colonies and establishing himself. If he wants active service, proceeding on to Spudkirk is a good bet, although there is also the risk of Terraversa turning into a more active scene. Some of the challenge categories could be a good way to plug in your character in the ongoing story lines too.

If ever you would like to have some building inspiration, you can always check out the ongoing Glory of Corrington faction challenge.

On 7/6/2017 at 7:20 PM, Bregir said:
Rear-Admiral Fletcher (Bregir, Co-Leader), Commander of the Terra Novan Fleet
36581286981_dd4e4c365e_c.jpg

Commanding the Terra Novan Fleet, Rear-admiral Fletcher has had the responsibility for keeping the colonial possessions safe in close cooperation with the army ressources stationed there. He has functioned as chief military commander for all Corlander assets in Terra Nova during most of the first era, but now has a counterpart in Colonel Howe to take over command of all army assets. Under his, and his predecessors, rule, the Terra Novan fleet has been massively successful in keeping Corlander merchant shipping safe, taking prize after prize filling up the dockyards of Terra Nova. Middle-aged and unremarkable, Fletcher is an effective but discreet commander.

That pretty much clears everything up! And personally I think that Terraversa is going to erupt soon, its location is too advantageous and enticing! :p

Sorry to pop-up again in the redcoat thread :pir-grin:

@Sir Kingston, the role of your character (e.g. being a lower rank officer) is mainly a starting point for your story, but it doesn't force you to do or not to do something: you will act mainly in an independent way, coordinating your story with others only if you want. Being a soldier (as my character is) will drive your story mainly to military stuff, to explorations or to pirate hunts, but only because it may fit more with the character you created, and only if you decide to do so! Personally I created some secondary characters (a private, a doctor, a finance administrator of the noble house…) to depict different aspects, and you can also build without including your character at all

Edited by Keymonus

I appreciate the input! The way I understand it is that you participate in community events (like GoC) or once you have a ship, join a squadron and participate in fleet actions, or create installments to particular settlements? Just out of curiosity, are build challenges the only way to incorporate you character or are there other methods? I am getting straight to work on the GoC collaborations,  and when I'm finished I just post it straight to the forum? Also Howe and Fletcher are rather familiar names from history :p

Edited by Sir Kingston

Yes, more or less it works in this way! In synthesis you can:

-simply build your story, without collaboration with others. In this way you can’t change the world too much, but basically you can do whatever you want

-build taverns, stores, houses, plantations... with or without a backstory (your character may own or visit them, but you don’t have to include him in all your builds). If you want, you can also license them and earn some doubloons each month (some actions, such as hiring soldiers, require DBs)

-participate to small or large collaborations, such as GoC. Some are aimed to simple development of the faction, others to develop the story of a settlement, the foundation of a new colony, exploration of distant lands...

-challenges: everyone starts with the same instructions, and the winning factions gain islands and other benefits

When your build is ready, just post it, eventually adding a short tag in the title (GoC, ChIII for the challenge...)

Edited by Keymonus

1 hour ago, Sir Kingston said:

are there other methods?

As Keymonus describes. Basically, these types of non-Challenge builds are called Free Builds. Just label them with something like [COR-FB] at the start of the post title.

Welcome on board, Sir Kingston. Wish you a pleasant stay in Bobs.

Welcome aboard @Sir Kingston. May your journeys on the Brick Seas be long and profitable!

Don't feel overwhelmed by all the details right now. It is a lot to take in in the beginning - just build what you feel like and ask questions along the way.

Is there any way to edit your ship license information, I just recently ‘discovered’ some parts, and also might change the name... is there a schedule to the egs by chance?

9 hours ago, Sir Kingston said:

Is there any way to edit your ship license information, I just recently ‘discovered’ some parts, and also might change the name... is there a schedule to the egs by chance?

If you have already licensed it, you can send me information about what you would like to change.

The MRCA ("Monthly raiding and commerce action") typically runs about every 2 months, as it takes some time to crunch the numbers. We are just now processing the latest results, so I suspect the (exciting!) results will be published one of the next days, with a new deadline for MRCA orders announced shortly thereafter. :pir-classic:

hello i am new to BoBS and will be creating a character soon. one question. is my character allowed to control a regiment in the army?

and also, how do i licence a ship

2 hours ago, lego eggo said:

hello i am new to BoBS and will be creating a character soon. one question. is my character allowed to control a regiment in the army?

Hi,

In Corrington, the general rule is as stated in the introduction:

On 7/6/2017 at 10:49 PM, Bregir said:

Headquarter of the Armed Forces

The Headquarters of the Armed Forces consists of all generals (down to Brigadier) and commands all assets of the Royal Armed Forces. It is led by the Field Marshall, who is one of Her Majesty's most trusted servants. Ranks up to and including Captain are locally appointed, while any position from Major and upwards warrants Royal Decree. (OOC: You can play your advancement up to Captain, but from there, you will have to earn you promotion.)

Since a regimental commander would be a colonel or a lieutenant colonel, that is not an option.

You can, at most, start as Captain (and hence company commander), but I would personally suggest you start at lieutenant, as that gives better chances of earning, RP'ing and story telling your way up through the ranks.

and also, how do i licence a ship

In general, I suggest you take a look at this quick guide. It gives you an idea about how to get started, including posting your introduction build, first vessel, and licensing it.

In short, once you have signed up with a sig figure, you can start posting builds in bobs, and I always suggest starting with an introduction build for your character. To license a ship, you will first need to post it in its own topic in the forum, and the license it by the proper form. Once you reach that point, we will happily help you do so.

Hope that helps - let us know if you have any further questions.

8 hours ago, lego eggo said:

Better to skip the Corrington bureaucracy and join the Sea Rats right away matey!! 

1 hour ago, Fraunces said:

Better to skip the Corrington bureaucracy and join the Sea Rats right away matey!! 

NEVER! YAAAAAAAAR!

7 hours ago, Bregir said:

Hi,

In Corrington, the general rule is as stated in the introduction:

Since a regimental commander would be a colonel or a lieutenant colonel, that is not an option.

You can, at most, start as Captain (and hence company commander), but I would personally suggest you start at lieutenant, as that gives better chances of earning, RP'ing and story telling your way up through the ranks.

In general, I suggest you take a look at this quick guide. It gives you an idea about how to get started, including posting your introduction build, first vessel, and licensing it.

In short, once you have signed up with a sig figure, you can start posting builds in bobs, and I always suggest starting with an introduction build for your character. To license a ship, you will first need to post it in its own topic in the forum, and the license it by the proper form. Once you reach that point, we will happily help you do so.

Hope that helps - let us know if you have any further questions.

thanks for the info. i will post my sig fig soon as a seargent of four men.:pir_laugh2:

Edited by lego eggo

41 minutes ago, lego eggo said:

thanks for the info. i will post my sig fig soon as a seargent of four men.:pir_laugh2:

So welcome on board (even if in the wrong empire :tongue:)! Even if it would be a pleasure to destroy your character on the fields of glory, I’m looking forward to seeing your introduction (pun only, the factions are usually in peace, more or less)!

16 hours ago, Keymonus said:

the factions are usually in peace, more or less)!

debatable point :jollyroger: 

:pir_tong2:

also, are there any rebel oleanders? i had a good story in mind but i need to fight someone, and britain vs france is a good matchup for a battle.

also, are there any rebel oleanders? i had a good story in mind but i need to fight someone, and britain vs france is a good matchup for a battle.

As of now the factions have been on decent terms, but the Sea Rats are most certainly a legitimate threat! (Not that all out war is impossible, but that it's quite unlikely given the nature of the game...)

5 hours ago, lego eggo said:

We are currently at war with the Lotus Empire (See the current challenge), but not with any of the Halosian nations.

A war between Oleon and Corrington has been brooming for years! Corrrecly to put it so upfront and I think we just need the match to light it all up!

5 hours ago, lego eggo said:

i had a good story in mind but i need to fight someone

8 hours ago, lego eggo said:

Although we are now at peace, Corrington and Oleon last fought each other approximately ten years ago in the Juniper Wars, which occurred in the Juniper Province in the border areas. Oleon won the war and the province is now part of Oleon. Some players have built scenes that are flashbacks to that conflict which may allow you to build a Red vs Bluecoat scene?

May I introduce to you a new soldier in corringtons royal navy, ensign William Thomas, or 'one eyed billy'. 

William Thomas was the son of a rich man, who would often go with the navy on expeditions to the land of the loti. William would always beg his father to let him come along to, but the answer was always the same. "your to young" his father would say before embarking on a long and perilous journey. One day, William caught word that his father had died in a minor skirmish with a band of sea rats. From that moment on, William swore that he would track down and kill the sea rats that killed his father. So on his sixteenth birthday, he joined the navy and embarked on a visit to the land of the loti, where he aqquired a strange loti blade and a mysterious book of loti religion. unfortunately, while there he was stabbed in the eye, thus earning him both the need to wear an eyepatch, and the nickname, 'one eyed bill' among his freinds and fellow soldiers. On the day he returned to corrington, the navy transferred him to an infantry battalion stationed at alrlinsport. He is there now, still an ensign, awaiting further orders from the regimental lt colonel, ethan harris

this is william thomas

IMG_20200418_173435

this is his freind, seargent sanders.

IMG_20200418_133327_1  

this is his regiment, the 16th foot.

IMG_20200418_174941

this is the ship he inherited from his father.

IMG_20200418_133829

IMG_20200418_133517

this is his book of the loti religion.

Hope you like the sig fig. i will license ship soon and post an introduction build.

Edited by lego eggo