Bregir

Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

6 minutes ago, DonRamon1981 said:

Hi all,

I am very interested into joining the Corrington Empire. But I don't really exactly understand what Kind of ship I can build. 

As my fictional character is officer on a middle sized ship with a few cannons I don't really know if that's already too big.

It would destroy my character story if I have no way but to make a small ship 

Greetings, sir! :pir-classic:

You can build any kind of ship - however, for RP'ing reasons, our rules state that you can "promote" yourself as high as Commander, which means anything less than a frigate, in terms of command. For higher ranks, the admiralty handles promotions on the basis of merit.

In BobS, that translates to something like a class 5 ship (see more here), which includes ships of considerable size. (3 to 4 midsections of the large hull pieces)

What sort of ship size are you imagining? :pir-blush:

My personal recommendation is to start a lowly lieutenant, to play your advancement up the ranks. 

In any case, welcome in our little pond here! :pir-grin:

Just now, Bregir said:

Greetings, sir! :pir-classic:

You can build any kind of ship - however, for RP'ing reasons, our rules state that you can "promote" yourself as high as Commander, which means anything less than a frigate, in terms of command. For higher ranks, the admiralty handles promotions on the basis of merit.

In BobS, that translates to something like a class 5 ship (see more here), which includes ships of considerable size. (3 to 4 midsections of the large hull pieces)

What sort of ship size are you imagining? :pir-blush:

My personal recommendation is to start a lowly lieutenant, to play your advancement up the ranks. 

In any case, welcome in our little pond here! :pir-grin:

It would be something like the Small Imperial Flagship from 1992, that size. And he is Captain of the small but fast warship.

So that size should be totally ok?

Small hulls with one middle part section. Just if I can get my son to take apart Brickbeard's Bounty for that project will get more interesting, but it will still not be bigger than one middle hull section. 

12 minutes ago, DonRamon1981 said:

It would be something like the Small Imperial Flagship from 1992, that size. And he is Captain of the small but fast warship.

So that size should be totally ok?

Small hulls with one middle part section. Just if I can get my son to take apart Brickbeard's Bounty for that project will get more interesting, but it will still not be bigger than one middle hull section. 

That would probably be a class 3 vessel, the perfect command for an aspiring Lieutenant, or young commander! :pir-laugh:

You can find examples of ships build for BoBS here: Ship index. It is not up to date with all ships, but there is loads of interesting examples for inspiration.

For tips, work in progress feedback, and general questions or inspiration, when building ships, you can also look into our shipwrights guild hall.

To officially join the game, you have to make a small introduction of your character. (This guide may be helpful) If you need any feedback on that, you can always ask here or in the general thread.

Cheers!

EDIT: I should add that you get a free license for a class 2 ship when signing up, so a small trader or warship may be a good place to start. Otherwise, funding for a class three can probably be secured too, for instance through the Bank of Corrington Pioneer Loan Scheme found here.

Hello Fellas. I am gonna introduce my sigfig character:

Lieutenant Clay Carling

Grown up as a child of a Imperial Soldier for Corrington, Clay grew up as the only child if his parents. 

As his father died during duty for his country, Clay began reading history, studied martitim warfare and tactics, he always dreamed if being admiral one day.

He joined the Naval Forces as a usual Sailor, becoming the quickest and youngest lieutenant of his country.

Beside becoming the best admiral of the country one day, the other dream of the young Clay Carling is to find who killed his father, as the cause of death remain unknown.

He suspects other country's Naval Forces of being responsible for his father's death.

He is extremely loyal and a tall young man, a genius in warfare but a hot head. His antipathy against other empires is being a problem in some people's eyes. He is obsessed with his work, studying war tactics and reading about strength and weaknesses of other Naval Forces, loves classical music and good political conversation. He is very ambitious and imperialistic.

His arrive with his new own ship, the HMS Annettanian, the first under his command in Terra Nova, is making a lot of promises but there are also worries and doubts.

Is the young man able to become a famous and successful Admiral, or is his hot head causing to much problems and confrontations with other big nations...

Lieutenant Clay Carling

20190821-234711.jpg

HMS Annettanian

20190821-234541.jpg

20190821-234414.jpg

20190821-234344.jpg

20190821-234318.jpg

20190821-234254.jpg

Crew: Lieutenant Carling, 4 Soldiers

Cannons: 0

Small Cannons: 2 (one each side but movable so up to 2 cannons ready to open fire in the same direction)

Weapons: 4 Muscets, 2 Sabres

Ship: 3 small parts, front back and one middle hull part. One Cabin small with one door and two small windows at the back, two big each side. Big stairs. Caravel like Chritoph Columbus' Santa Maria. Space for about 12 barrels (before the cabin and under the front is a lot of space)

Soldiers: young and inexpierenced, but the best fighters of their class. High profile snipers.

Lieutenant Carling: young and inexpierenced like his crew, extremely smart and also a very good sniper, quick decisions but aggressive warfare. Shoots first, then asks. But is good and quick at learning. High hopes of calming down when maturing. Has been always the best in his class.

So I hope I did it right Sir. Please tell me your orders to license my ship. I am sorry but the rating system is way too complicated for me to count it on myself. I am very excited of starting my new adventure in the new world... I promise to always follow my orders and do to my best for the crown and the country.

God save Queen Annetta

Sincerely Yours 

Lieutenant Carling 

Edited by DonRamon1981

7 hours ago, DonRamon1981 said:

So I hope I did it right Sir. Please tell me your orders to license my ship. I am sorry but the rating system is way too complicated for me to count it on myself. I am very excited of starting my new adventure in the new world... I promise to always follow my orders and do to my best for the crown and the country.

God save Queen Annetta

Sincerely Yours 

Lieutenant Carling 

To Lieutenant Carling of the HMS Annettanian,

You are hereby required and directed to make your way to the nearest senior officer and report for duty, there to join in local efforts against piracy, or whatever duties your seniors may require.

Good save the Queen

Rear-admiral Fletcher, RN

Commander-in-Chief, Terra Novan fleet

OOC: Nice introduction and welcome amongst our ranks! I didn't want to dictate where in Terra Nova your adventures should start, so you are free to decide yourself. Also, you should post the ship (a class 3, I would say) in a separate topic, if you want to use it for the ship action (MRCA). Additionally, @Darnok has volunteered as a mentor to help you get started, as we know the rules can be a bit hard to get into, and I expect he will contact you soon and help you with your first ship license and builds in this world. :pir-classic:

Welcome @DonRamon1981, good to have you around. I hope your stay will be long and your builds be plentiful. :pir-grin:

I'll PM you in a minute, so if you have any questions regarding the games background and/or game mechanics, we can take it there.

Edited by Darnok

Thank you Rear Admiral Fletcher Sir!

I will go to the nect office and do that ship licence, but where do have to do that sir?

I am excited to receive my first orders. 

God save the queen

Lieutenant Carling 

Sir Rear Admiral Fletcher.

I think I did it without a new thread, don't really know as I did the licence form and submitted it.

So where is the nearest Senior Office that I can report to, I want to receive my very first orders and go with my crew and fulfil my duty.

God save the queen

Lietenant Carling 

5 hours ago, Darnok said:

Damn, it seems the pictures of @Captain Dee in the first post (Queen Annetta, Department of Time) have just disappeared. This seems to be true for all of his pics, as the thread for the DoT is affected as well. :pir-sceptic:

:hmpf_bad:

I used "them" to host my pics only because it was extremely easy to do from a phone.

They were a part of Photobucket, so the change to paid services seemed inevitable.

They might have deleted the pics I had uploaded, but I still have all the originals in hi-res. Take that, Photo*uckit. :smug:

I have set up a Bricksafe account but haven't used it yet. I don't exactly leap for joy at the thought of going through this all over again just to restore the lost images. :facepalm:

P.S. Just so you know, they hosted pics all the back to 2004. Two-thousand-four!! The late Jurassic, when dinosaurs still roamed the earth!! Aren't they just fantabulous?? :hmpf:

On 9/15/2019 at 9:26 AM, Captain Dee said:

P.S. Just so you know, they hosted pics all the back to 2004. Two-thousand-four!! The late Jurassic, when dinosaurs still roamed the earth!! Aren't they just fantabulous?? :hmpf:

I know the frustration ... All the step by step automotive customization threads I had done through the years all hosted on photobucket ... All picture heavy ... Mine went back to early 05 lol ... All lost to time ... 

Throughout Corlander settlements, a proclamation has been posted, followed by announcements in news papers and speeches, all concerning the same subject - The Lotii attack on Spudkirk.

Corlanders of Terra Nova,

We are to consider ourselves at WAR! Under the guise of neutrality, a squadron of five heavily armed warships flying the flag of the Lotus Empire assaulted our countrymen pioneers in the young settlement of Spudkirk. Such unprovoked aggression, taken without prior declaration of intent, cannot be tolerated, and Her Majesty's government has seen no alternative to declaring war upon the culprits. Protection of our fellow citizens and the safety of the sea lanes cannot be compromised.

Hence, the Crown requests that all shipyards, Colonial Enclaves, settlements, army and navy officers and personnel ready themselves and redouble their efforts for the protection of the realm. Orders will be issued to the relevant units, but every minifig is asked to steel themselves against this threat. We know not when the enemy will strike again.

Henceforth, all Lotii shipping, troops, and settlements are considered enemy, and thus it is the duty of every Corlander to visit upon the enemy the wrath of Corlander arms and resolve.

In her Majesty's Service

Rear-Admiral S. Fletcher

Commander-in-chief, Terra Novan Navy

A new ship sails the brick seas, although under a somewhat darker flag than the Corlander flag...

48997847521_c2958a83d4.jpg

The Defiant lugger.

A letter had been sent to the local governor of Corrington on the Paradise Isles:

===

9th day of the 11th month, 619

Mesabi Landing

Dear Colonel Sir Dirk Allcock, Governor of the Paradise Isles, Representative of the Crown of Corrington,

.it is with great unrest that we at the WTC have heard of the recent attacks on Spudkirk. As loyal servants of the Crown we wish to do our part in overcoming this new threat to Corrington and its shining future.

You might not know, but one of our expeditions has returned some time ago, bringing with them a map of the New Haven region. We believe this map shows vital information of an ongoing conflict on El Oleonda, and could provide helpful intel in whatever the Crown deems necessary for that area. We can not tell how current this information on the map is, but it should be at least a starting point and a reference for future developments. Find a copy of this map attached to this letter, as a gift from the WTC to your efforts.

Another way we hope to help should arrive in Spudkirk shortly: a fleet of our finest warships, accompanied with pioneers and construction workers. They are meant to protect and rebuild Spudkirk, making it Corringtons presence in the New Haven sea region to be reckonned with. These ships and troops are at your disposal as long as they are needed.

Please note that I will be unavailable in person for a while. The newly appointed WTC Administrator Arthur Mengsk is the current head of all our operations in Mesabi Landing, until either myself or the honourable Count Mesabi return.

In the spirit of cooperation, yours sincerely,

Kadeus Mordo

WTC Representative Of Foreign Affairs

=======================================================

An IC post to illustrate some of the WTCs latest decisions.

I assume @Bregir and @Ayrlego are the ones who have to know this, but I believe it will be of interest to others too. The map in question will be shown to the faction players in the Corrington PM shortly!

The troops are supposed to be these, recruited with the purpose of helping with the rebuild of Mesabi Landing. Their expertise should come in handy in Spudkirk - and they can hold their own in a fight of course! The next KPA will show what fleet Corrington can muster in Spudkirk. :pir-oh:

A sealed despatch has arrived by courier.

To her Majesty's representatives,

I bring both good and ill news of the situation in Terraversa.

Oldis, the Archduke and defacto leader in Kings Port and western Terraversa, has largely ignored us, seemingly content with connections with Eslandola. On the other hand, L'Olius, admiral of the fleet and defacto leader in Westface and eastern Terraversa, has shown a keen interest in closer ties to Corrington. Westface has been declared a free city for all Corlander citizens, and he has accepted our offer of military attachés. It would seem Terraversa is divided between the two in internal power struggle, and I suggest our efforts favour L'Olius.

However, a much more critical development threatens the power balance in the Brick Seas! We have received reliable information that a foreign power is instigating a rebellion in the North of the island that threatens to overthrow the current government. Without further investigation, I cannot determine the mastermind behind this, but the obvious culprit is Mardier, still sore after losing control of the island.

I trust I need not explain the implications for our fleets and trade of a Terraversa under the control of a potentially hostile Halosian power, effectively cutting off Halos from the colonies for any but the most daring expedition!

I emphasize the need to investigate this threat further, and warn you all that we may soon be called upon to defend our interests in Terraversa.

In her Majesty's service

Don Isaac Montoya

A letter has been drafted, and two copies produced. One has been delivered to the offices of Rear Admiral Fletcher, and the other to the Government House in King's Harbour.

To the Honorable Sirs
Rear Admiral Fletcher,
& Colonial Governor, Cpt. Johnathan Cooke

I write to you to formally request the return of the Glittering Wind, illegally seized by the pirate ship Aqua Fina, to the Crahaish neh Triuri Fleet. The Crahaish appreciates Corrington's efforts to rid the Brick Seas of piracy, therefore in recognition of your fleet's courage (most notably the HMS Bull Shark) we can offer as recompense the sum of 500 DBs. If this arrangement is agreeable, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Respectfully,
Commodore Hammish Grei, Crahaish neh Triuri Fleet

(Attn. @Bregir)

1 hour ago, Sir Kingston said:

Is this where I would sign up?

If you want to sign up under the flag of Corrington then it sure is!

All you have to do is post a pic or two of your Character (Sig-Fig) and give a little background him/her!

Welcome to the Brethren of the Brick Seas and EuroBricks! 

IMG_4346.jpg.2f4a8de1891fb240cd351cd32ac9ac93.jpg2nd Lieutenant Karlton of the Royal Corrington Marines,

As the son of a middle-class gunsmith, Karlton is well versed in musketry. Karlton is quite fresh, having just joined the service. He is very devoted to Corrington, an independent thinker, and a firm believer in logic.

(pardon my profile name, it's a running joke ;)

Edited by Sir Kingston

Welcome Sir Kingston/Lieutenant Karlton! Good to have you onboard.

@Sir Kingston

Welcome to Lieutenant Karlton to the Brick Seas and Corrington. We are always in need of able bodied adventurers to expand the glory of Her Majesty's colonies!

Currently, the mysterious Lotii is stirring up trouble (the current challenge) in the far East, having gone so far as to attack Spudkirk, so we are now at war! At the same time, trouble is brewing on the strategic island of Terraversa. (These last two links are for quite long and complex story lines, so go there at your peril! :pir-laugh: I do think they are worth a read, though!)

You may also find some useful information here, and you are always ready to ask - will be looking forward to following your adventures. Perhaps our paths will cross during our time on the Brick Seas! Good luck!

Welcome on board @Sir Kingston, even if you decided to enlist in the Corries :pir-grin:

If you have any doubt or question feel free to ask your faction members or to anyone else here around! My suggestion is: start building, have fun, and try to learn all the rules/dynamics only in a second time!

Thanks for the help! Role-play aside, I know a fair amount about naval warfare in the mid to late age of sail. My sigfig is a marine junior officer, commanding a marine detachment aboard a ship or overseas garrison. Does this affect the way my character in any way? I understand the general dynamics between the factions, ship ratings, and the build competitions, and I read the trouble brewing of late, however I don't understand whether or not my sigfig is under direction of a particular fleet? Are there different fleets? (1st, 2nd, home, etc.) I have more questions but i'll try to scrounge up answers from the extensive forums (they're fun to read at least) but truthfully, I am just trying to figure out where I would start of fit into this extensive and convoluted plot-line :)