Bregir

Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

Just now, Bart said:

When  a letter is published publically, and I get involved in the discussion, I always assume I recived a copy via via, as to make an appropriate IC reply.

There was no letter addressed at the WTC. One was sent to the Corrington admiralty, and unless somebody "up there" plays out that it got forwarded to the WTC, there is no reason to assume that it is suddenly available to them.

I guess we just have different approaches to what is or is not IC knowledge in this case.

8 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Well, the incident had no losses or damage on your side, and a sunk boat (and possibly lost souls) on ours.

On this point, I agree with what Bregir said:

9 hours ago, Bregir said:

You attempted, but didn't do well. Doing something wrong without competence does not make it better.

:thumbup: 

But don't get frustrated, maybe you'll be luckier next time.

8 hours ago, Drunknok said:

I am still looking forward to how Oleon will approach the WTC though. Very much! :pir-grin:

It would be utterly incongruous that Oleon starts to approach the WTC without receiving a consent from Corries leadership, so I might suggest you to be a little more patient. 

Popcorn time!!!

Well Drunknok, my point of view is that you are in the wrong faction :p if you were Eslandolan or a Sea Rat, this would not be a case :p Eslandolan Admirality would reply that Oleon should adress the correct TC if they want a reply. They would also send 100 db as we Eslandolans think we can Go away with everything if we bribe. 

And if you were a Sea Rat, your leadership would send a reply stating that they are not responsible for actions of their subjects, but somehow a statue of these foolish soldiers can now be round in Bastion.

Being Corringtonlander is being part of a bureaucracy :p

5 hours ago, Maxim I said:

if you were Eslandolan ..., this would not be a case :p Eslandolan Admirality would reply that Oleon should adress the correct TC if they want a reply

Actually, that's not true. ESL does not abdicate its foreign relations to the TCs, it just has to take them into consideration in all diplomatic relations. The actions of a rogue TC would require a faction response.

Hello there, 

I'm really interested in Joining Corrington. I have already a SigFig and I'm building the entry Moc which is located at Port Woodhouse. Is someone here (maybe someone that speeks german) from Corrington that would help me a bit? 

@Legonaut

While my German is very rudimentary, I will be happy to help you if you send me a pm. :)

Alternatively, you are welcome to ask in this topic as well.

Very much looking forward to getting you off to a good start and seeing your introduction! :)

While I am not a Corrie (though my MOCs from 2018 might suggest this...), I am happy to help/translate into German. Feel free to add me to a conversation.

@Drunknok said he'd be busy for a few weeks, and wouldn't be online. But when he is back, yes, I'd ask him. 

@Legonaut

Jameston, Celestia

2 February 619

Dear Mr Edward Brown,

I have received correspondence from the authorities in Port Woodhouse notifying me of your arrival and your request for a Commission in Her Majesties Forces garrisoning the Paradise Isles. Having reviewed your qualifications, I would be honoured to offer you a Captaincy in a line infantry company recently arrived at the garrison in Port Woodhouse. Should you wish to accept this offer, please report to the garrison commander in Port Woodhouse to make the arrangements. Whatever your decision, I welcome you to the Paradise Isles and wish you success in your endeavours here in Terra Nova.

Yours Sincerely,

Colonel Sir Dirk Allcock

Colonial Governor of the Paradise Isles

@Ayrlego

Port Woodhouse, Garama`s Key

3 February 619

Dear Colonel Sir Dirk Allcock,

thank you very much for your offer. I promise I will not disappoint you.  I`m sure we´ll meet soon.

Yours sincerely,

Edward Brown

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Legonaut

@Ayrlego

Dear Matthew Allcock, 

I received the offer to serve as Infantry captain in Port Woodhouse by Sir Dirk Allcock. I accept the offer an I'm ready to serve.

Your sincerely 

Edward Brown

Welcome @Legonaut to BotBS in general and Corrington in particular! :thumbup:

On 1/27/2019 at 4:40 PM, Legonaut said:

Is someone here (maybe someone that speeks german) from Corrington that would help me a bit?

Kann sein. :pir-grin:

Hi there and welcome @Legonaut!

You made it before me:D

I'm still planning to join, don't get me wrong. Maybe the option as a freebuilder suits me better, right now. Most of my creations will benefit the Corries after all.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150321535@N08/albums/72157702089878101 Here you can see how my entry post probably will look like. The home of my chosen minifig. Also my frigate and my cutter are in their final phases. Hope they will sail across the brick seas soon.

Greetings,
Wellesley!

Looks fabulous, @Wellesley! I noticed them on flickr and was hoping they were on their way to BoBS! :pir-classic:

On 3/18/2019 at 2:17 PM, Wellesley said:

Maybe the option as a freebuilder suits me better, right now. Most of my creations will benefit the Corries after all. 

You are welcome to participate any way you wish - alll you need to do is post your sig fig - then you are free to build at your own pace :pir-classic:

Cheers!

Hey fellow Corries,

is there an active trading fleet with protection?
I will license two unarmed trading vessels soon. The free Class 2 license and the other one from the PA Cup. Both have zero firepower, but I would like to get started in the MCRA.

Also, if there is someone who could give me some basic tricks or things, I should consider, I would appreciate a PM.

Greetings,
Wellesley

Hi all,

I am very interested into joining the Corrington Empire. But I don't really exactly understand what Kind of ship I can build. 

As my fictional character is officer on a middle sized ship with a few cannons I don't really know if that's already too big.

It would destroy my character story if I have no way but to make a small ship