Bregir

Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

Capitan Sir Jonathan Cooke has been invested into the most Noble Order of Victory in a ceremony in King's Harbour by order of Queen Annetta herself.

Long Live the Queen!

The Most Noble Order of Victory is a Corlander Order of Chivalry based on the knightly orders from Corrington’s past, the order was formed to recognise extraordinary military achievement in the service of the Crown of Corrington.  

Like most other Corlander Orders of Chivalry, the Most Noble Order of Victory has three levels; Knight Companion, Knight Commander and Grand Commander.  The Sovereign must approve nominations for entry into the order personally and Knights of the Order are given a seat in the Noble Parliament and are addressed as ‘Sir’ or ‘Dame’. They may use the post nominal ‘KCV’ (Knight Companion/Commander of Victory)

29999256528_b38229784c_c.jpg

Credit for the graphic to @Kolonialbeamter

Hello everyone i introduce you to the newest subject of Corrington: Nathaniel Goodwin!

He's a history teacher/ cartographer recently established in Arlinsport.

I made a little introduction to the character with a little MOC!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dear sister Elizabeth,

It seems as if it was only yesterday since I left my home in Belson to come here, in the colonies.

My work here in cartography and teaching Corrington History gave me enough money to afford a nice little house in Arlinsport, where I established my study.

Lately I’ve been haunted by thoughts that won’t leave my mind.

While my loyalty to our dear Queen is without end, each day I pass here make me question more and more the concept of monarchy. The people I met here are good, they work hard and they are proud of what I call ‘’their country’’. Should they govern themselves? Why pay taxes to someone on the far side of the world?

Now, I must stop with those treasonous thoughts. I dared speak my ideas to one of my colleague and while I trust him, I cannot deny the increase of military patrols in my street.

Do they know? I must stop those treasonous thoughts!

Nathaniel Goodwin

29046176937_19cc651fb4_z.jpg20180811_131639 (1) by Christian Beaumier, sur Flickr

42175063530_b833518336_z.jpg20180811_131914 (1) by Christian Beaumier, sur Flickr

29046180417_6d85c3ff7c_z.jpg20180811_132332 (1) by Christian Beaumier, sur Flickr

I know my character is a little out of the ordinary so tell me if i have to make some change to his history!

See ya soon!

@Chris from Canada: Nice intro and welcome to the magnificent nation of Corrington as well as Eurobricks! Have you been a lurker around Eurobricks and finally decided to join?

Brethren of the Brick Seas is a vast RPG with new things constantly being added! Not sure how much of the BoBs lore you've read through but I assume you've read through the history of the factions. It would be a good idea to read the history and background thread as well if you haven't done so already.

You can go ahead and post your intro in the Brethren of the Brick Seas forum as well. If your interested in joining the Economic Game System (EGS) there are more than enough players willing to help you out! We are all here to help with any questions you may have as well, so don't hesitate to ask!

See you on the seas!

23 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

@Chris from Canada: Nice intro and welcome to the magnificent nation of Corrington as well as Eurobricks! Have you been a lurker around Eurobricks and finally decided to join?

Brethren of the Brick Seas is a vast RPG with new things constantly being added! Not sure how much of the BoBs lore you've read through but I assume you've read through the history of the factions. It would be a good idea to read the history and background thread as well if you haven't done so already.

You can go ahead and post your intro in the Brethren of the Brick Seas forum as well. If your interested in joining the Economic Game System (EGS) there are more than enough players willing to help you out! We are all here to help with any questions you may have as well, so don't hesitate to ask!

See you on the seas!

Yes long time lurker!

Yes i read the basics but not all there's so much stuff here!

Thanks for the tips and i will post it in the forum now!

Ooooh, interesting character. Very interesting indeed! And welcome to the game. :classic:

@Chris from Canada: The settlement of Mesabi Landing would welcome Mr. Goodwin with open arms! The WTC has a rather tense relation with the Crown, so he can expect a safe haven there. And if there is any need for some ingame funding at the beginning of his tale, I am happy to help you out as well.

Edited by Drunknok

41 minutes ago, Chris from Canada said:

Yes long time lurker!

Yes i read the basics but not all there's so much stuff here!

Thanks for the tips and i will post it in the forum now! 

Well it's good to have you!

There is lots to take in! I joined back in February and I'm still learning new things! Were all will to help.

41 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Ooooh, interesting character. Very interesting indeed! And welcome to the game. :classic:

@Chris from Canada: The settlement of Mesabi Landing would welcome Mr. Goodwin with open arms! The WTC has a rather tense relation with the Crown, so he can expect a safe haven there. And if there is any need for some ingame funding at the beginning of his tale, I am happy to help you out as well.

Agreed!

Not to give you too many options at once, but the settlement of Quinnsville would also welcome Mr. Goodwin and his teaching abilities! All depends on how you want to play out your character in the future. I'll be willing to contribute some funds as well should the teacher need some spending money!

@Chris from Canada welcome and good luck reading up on all the old BoBS content. Good choice to join but I hope the doubts about Corrington help you to decide to join your true purpose. the notorious Sea Rats, sooner than later!

Just joking, welcome and I hope you will have a good time. This first build is promising and if you have any questions you can always ask them in the intro thread!!

Welcome @Chris from Canada, it's always nice to see BoBS world growing, with new characters and stories!

Your MOC is little but clever, I like the little statue in the background! About your storyline… I'm not in the leadership team but I think that, unless you start a revolution or something like that, there is no problem at all with a character with "dangerous" ideas! In Oleon, for example, we have completely different characters (ranging from unscrupulous merchants to pious priests or merciless inquisitors) and their storylines don't interfere

Thanks to all for the warm welcome everyone!

I'm in the process of studying wich settlement would be best for my character.

I have a couple bricklink orders on the way and can't wait to build! 

Now that i introduced my character what should i do next? I guess i can pursue his history through freebuilds but appart from that, is there anyting else i should do as a newcomer?

Many thanks!

Welcome to Corrington, Nathaniel Goodwin,

In general, Corrington welcomes critical thinking, although what you suggest sounds almost like that vile Eslandian republicanism! :pir-look::pir-tongue:

I think your character can add some interesting dynamics to the world, and I will be looking forward to seeing what followers he can find.

And despite all those people pulling you left and right and begging you to come to their settlements, you are really free to build where you want - and you need not settle anywhere. Many characters move from island to island and settlement to settlement, where their story takes them.

As to what to do next, remember you have a free small property and a free class 1 or 2 vessel. Those may be a good way to get started, although I would suggest you let your story drive your progress and build what you feel like. As to initial financial aid, you can take a look at the Bank of Corrington Pioneer Loan Scheme here.

If you ever have any questions, we are a very friendly bunch, so ask here, in the general PM (to which I will add you in a bit - you do not need to read all the old stuff - there are a lot of pages there), or in the general bobs thread.

Once more, welcome

Bregir

37 minutes ago, Chris from Canada said:

I'm in the process of studying wich settlement would be best for my character.

As mentioned above, there is no need to "settle down" in any one settlement. You are free to move your character(s) - remember, you can have more than one! - pretty much anywhere.

You can check out all currently available faction settlements here. If you want to establish a personal "base of operations", this is a good place to start with an overview.

I have a couple bricklink orders on the way and can't wait to build! 

Already looking forard to it. :thumbup:

Now that i introduced my character what should i do next? I guess i can pursue his history through freebuilds but appart from that, is there anyting else i should do as a newcomer?

Any freebuild gives you some ingame money, as long as you register it with this form.

Many builds are able to be "licensed". What this means, and what requirements each of these has to fulfil, is described in this thread. The form to be filled out for licensing is this one. Note that you do not have to pay any license fee for your first small property (as long as it is not a fort or mine).

You also have a free license for your first ship (as long as it is a class 1 or 2). All details about ships are outlined here, with the licensing form being over here.

BUT WAIT A MOMENT!

There is soooo much to take in for all things related to licenses: please take your time with this! Do not make the mistake of trying to get it all down in one sitting. The so-called Master Index has most of the important links covered.

My personal suggestion is: start a new folder in your browsers bookmarks dedicated to BotBS, putting in itall the links I listed so far (for a start...). Add to it everythign you find interesting and/or important, and read through the pages one at a time. If in doubt: just ask! I got into the game about ten months ago, and would consider myself an active player with a solid grasp of the games rules by now - but I come up with at least one rules question per week on average. We are a friendly bunch, you will get all the help you need. :classic:

Many thanks!

Again: if you have any questions, just ask. :thumbup:

Have they gone silent? Has the Queen absconded with a secret lover? What is *REALLY* happening in Corrington? :pir-oh3:

Well... I really have no clue, but in King's Harbour an oddity of a vessel has been launched. :pir_tong2:

Gun barge no. 1, to be exact, a port defence platform of experimental design.

31289441348_3e7851b311.jpg

Hey fellow Corries!

I'm going to join your glorious faction, hopefully soon.
My main character will stem from the northern coast of Corrington. If anyone has already scenes or stories from that area or specific places, I would like to see them, to not contradict the existing lore. Behaviour- and mentality-wise etc.

Also, I might not just jump into the EGS, rather just contribute to the world at the beginning.
I started some buildings, maybe you can give me a suggestion  which settlement would benefit most from them. I'll make the lighthouse a bit higher. The rest of the buildings is waiting for bricklink orders.

Greetings,
Wellesley!

56 minutes ago, Wellesley said:

Hey fellow Corries!

Hip hip hooray!

56 minutes ago, Wellesley said:

Also, I might not just jump into the EGS, rather just contribute to the world at the beginning.

This is all up to you, but we are more than happy to help get you started. The basics (such as properties) aren't too complex.

57 minutes ago, Wellesley said:

I started some buildings, maybe you can give me a suggestion  which settlement would benefit most from them. I'll make the lighthouse a bit higher. The rest of the buildings is waiting for bricklink orders.

I'd definitely suggest making your story the defining factor as to where the builds are to be located. Many of our characters start out their trip to the colonies in Arlinsport, our oldest colony. Our northern settlements (Stormhaven and Elizabethville)  have seen less activity than they deserve, and Port Raleigh has seen a recent revival. King's Harbour is the home of our colonial fleet and the main naval base in Terra Nova, and further east, settlements like Jameston and Mesabi Landing have become large centres of trade. And there are quite a few more to choose from. :)

8 hours ago, Wellesley said:

Hey fellow Corries!

Fantastic! You're most welcome to join us!

8 hours ago, Wellesley said:

If anyone has already scenes or stories from that area or specific places, I would like to see them, to not contradict the existing lore.

I have done some stories from northern Corrington as my sigfig comes from Wentham county, which I have imagined somewhere in the north. I did invent a new religion that is particularly strong in those parts, but havn't had much opportunity to develop it. Otherwise the only lore I've written is connected to my sigfig's family.

@Spud The Viking has taken a Scotland inspired route which I assume is in the northen part of Corrington as well, but I'm not sure if it has been confirmed.

@Wellesley Welcome to BoBS and the best faction! 

On 11/25/2018 at 7:02 AM, Wellesley said:

My main character will stem from the northern coast of Corrington. If anyone has already scenes or stories from that area or specific places, I would like to see them, to not contradict the existing lore. Behaviour- and mentality-wise etc.

Quite honestly, don't worry about it too much. It's a big enough world to avoid trampling on other people's lore, and once you find yourself in the new world, it doesn't matter to much what happened in the old, unless you want it too. My personal character, has almost no lore, because I think it's more interesting to keep him mysterious. 

On 11/25/2018 at 7:02 AM, Wellesley said:

Well, feel free to take a loan out from the Bank of Corrington, they have 'new player packages' for Corries. EGS is fun, and it really gives me a sense of power in the BoBS world. 

As for where to put them, I'd suggest Mesabi Landing. It's the best and biggest settlement, hands down, and it could use some more people other than Drunknok and I. Otherwise, Quinnsville could use a hand. 

39 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

It's the best and biggest settlement, hands down,

And in today's issue of "Sweeping Statements" we have a classic from Mesabi... :pir-tongue:

Triuri nas tròcairiche gràdhaiche na màthraichean. Beannachd uile a' mhuinntir le bethannan.

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

And in today's issue of "Sweeping Statements" we have a classic from Mesabi... :pir-tongue:

It's true though. :pir_tong2:

@Wellesley may I suggest you some settlement dedpending on how you want to build :

1- The "capitals", and most achieved settlements are Kings Harbour and Arlinsport, ready for built fitting with the most beautifull towns of 18th century and the high ends technological progress (for 18th century, of course)

2- The standard are Port Raleigh, Elizabethville, and Stormhaven

3- Jameston as the furthest east colony of Corrington is ready for frontier aligned built

4- I should make no comment on Mesabi Landing. Corrington do not know what the hell to mess with it... :head_back: The place for weird, testing ground, jury-rigged thingy, etc etc.

A chance that the count has more interest being at sea than ashore, I dare not imagine what would happen there else.

@Wellesley

Welcome to BotBS in general, and the best of its factions in particular! :pir-grin:

I think you should choose a settlement as "starting point" that best works for your characters backstory:

• a noble would best work from Arlinsport or King's Harbour (i.e. well-established "civilised" cities)
  • somebody looking for adventures has a good start in Mesabi Landing or Jameston (more in the "outback", close to undiscovered areas of the game)

In the end it does not matter too much, since you can always let your main character travel - or make up another character for a different location. You are not at all restrictd to one character or a single location for building!

In terms of "building activity", I would rate the top 3 Corrington settlements as follows:

1. Mesabi Landing: without doubt the fastest growing settlement in the game (over all factions), albeit mostly built by just two players. Your go-to address for adventure and mildly outlaw-ish activities.
  2. Jameston: another large settlement, and furthest in the East (so far). Located on a large and mostly undiscovered island, you could set up an adventurers base of operations here.
  3. King's Harbour: Smaller than the other two, but shares its island with Quinnsville, another settlement with solid activity. Both are connected by a railway, so you can easily switch characters from one to the other - with a surrounding island that is again largely undiscovered.

If you want to jump into the EGS and feel like you lack money for investments:

Just my two dubloons. :classic:

Edited by Drunknok
Mistake fixed.