Bregir

Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

Good work, all - Corrington shall truly rule the waves!

I have been a little busy, so I am behind on commenting on your awesome builds, but that doesn't mean it isn't appreciated!

Also, the WTC has, reluctantly, been granted an official charter:

39645246255_8221bc4d60_n.jpg

Ragnar Alfredson is an esteemed ecologist from the University of Arlof (in South west Corrington) who has recently earned the title of Doctor of ecology. He has plenty of fans in Corrington, But is less popular in Oleon and Esolandia due his suggestions that Zeus did not split man from woman to make humans as we know them and his musing that the lucrative tobacco trade is related to increasing number of throat sickness cases. Through his Explorer Father he has a few contacts from within  silk trading convoys from  the Lotus empire, Alfredson hoped to reach that far north one day but he had more important plans set for the present.

40477679995_08c66ebf1e_z.jpg

OOC: I hope I've done this right, I intend to do mostly free-builds to begin with to help me get to grips with the game (also these pictures were taken with my phone and artificial light, but for my free-builds I'll use day light and a proper camera)       

Edited by Agent Kallus

@Agent Kallus

A very warm welcome to the game in general and Corrington in particular! Going by your story of Ragnar, he (and you) should feel at home in Corrington.

You said it yourself, light and picture quality could be better - but your sigfig looks good, and the use of those Duplo parts is clever, I like it. :thumbup:

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them. If you need some ingame funds to start off your builds in the New World: I am happy to help you out, just send me a PM.

53 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

@Agent Kallus

A very warm welcome to the game in general and Corrington in particular! Going by your story of Ragnar, he (and you) should feel at home in Corrington.

You said it yourself, light and picture quality could be better - but your sigfig looks good, and the use of those Duplo parts is clever, I like it. :thumbup:

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them. If you need some ingame funds to start off your builds in the New World: I am happy to help you out, just send me a PM.

Thank you , I'm sure that I'll have plenty of questions in time, I look forward to BotBSing.

Welcome Ragnar Alfredson to the great nation of Corrington. It is great to see a well educated man among us and I look forward to his adventures! 

Welcome to Corrington and BoBs in general, @Agent Kallus! I wish you a very happy stay and shall be interested in following Dr. Alfredson's adventures in the Brick Seas. Perhaps he may even cross paths with some of my characters at some point.

Being a man of science, he may find the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy interesting and for an early economic assist, I refer to the BoC Pioneer loan scheme  (as found in this post where you may also find other running incentives).

As others have said, feel free to ask any questions here. I will see to it that you are added to our general PM (where you may prefer not to read all the old pages - it has become quite long! :pir-tongue:), where you can also ask if anything is unclear. We are (generally :pir-wink:) a friendly bunch. (In Corrington, that is - the Eslandians care for nothing but profit, the Oleanders are a bunch of religious fanatics, and the Sea Rats are little better than pirates... :pir-grin:)

I may also note that you have two free licenses to get you started. One free small property, and one free class 1 or 2 vessel, both of which "only" requires a moc to be activated. The next MRCA (adventure game for ships) round has deadline this Saturday, so if you want to take part, you may be able to get a boat built by then. Otherwise, a new round will open about a month and a half later, so no rush!

Good luck in the Brick Seas!

I can proudly announce:

Mesabi Landing is the first Large City of Corrington!

It is - and always will be - the first Corrish settlement to have reached this size and status. I want to thank all builders who contributed, but most of all @Mesabi without whom this would not have been possible. We will work for an even brighter future!

Edited by Drunknok

25 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I can proudly announce:

Mesabi Landing is the first Large City of Corrington!

It is - and always will be - the first Corrish settlement to have reaches this size and settlement. I want to thank all builders who contributed, but most of all @Mesabi without whom this would not have been possible. We will work for an even brighter future!

Wow! Congrats! I had no idea it was that close. I was still planning my warehouse build to help out.

4 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Wow! Congrats! I had no idea it was that close. I was still planning my warehouse build to help out.

Thank you! Your build is of course just as welcome now as it was before. :classic:

Edited by Drunknok

Good work, everyone, and some really nice builds recently! Unfortunately, I have been rather taken up elsewhere, so I have only been able to comment sparingly, but I think I have seen it all, and it looks great.

Also:

The Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery seeks leadership!

Acting under the Parliament of Science, reporting to the Secretary of Discovery, the RSND will be led by a loyal Corlander appointed chairman by the ministry. To assist him in his duties, up to two vice presidents can be appointed, who, in the chairmans absence, have full discretion over the Society's assets. One will be the VP of Security, in charge of all military capabilities and dispositions, the other the VP of Operations, in charge of all civilian assets.

Loyal Corlanders interested in taking up these positions: Please post here a short description of the character applying for the position in the form of a short job application. Picture required. Remember that the RSND is a scientific organisation, so relevant profiles and experience is expected. It can be new characters, and you may submit as many applicants as you like.

Every Corlander is allowed to apply (more details about the purpose is found in our PM), but I would like to remind @LM71Blackbird, @Ayrlego and @Drunknok, who have expressed particular interest. Leadership will be looking forward to reviewing the applicants!

For the position of VP of Security: Elijah Plates

25402057417_cf7333a469.jpgEP by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr
Elijah Plates is a retired and decorated naval commander. During his time in the military, he received a degree in geology, which was a subject that always fascinated him. That and he once got ripped off by someone selling fools gold, which he really did not appreciate... He is a skilled tactician and knows how to command respect and is currently just spending his time reading books on military strategy and geology... So he is ready for a new official appointment from his beloved Country.

For the position of VP of Operations: Ralph Clutchington

40228461302_fc91c2f322.jpgRC by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Ralph Clutchington is the cousin of Richard Brickford, the Royal Surveyor of Quinnsville. Ralph is a self taught botanist, having worked with plants for most of his life and been the manager of his cousins crop fields for many years. He likes things to be kept in order and has become a very good organizer of both things and events. He is always concerned with the well being of other minifigs as well, which makes him a popular leader.

Here are my two applications! Let me know if you need any additional information on them.

Edited by LM71Blackbird

An open letter to her Majesty's representatives in Terra Nova

May 618, King's Harbour

Dear sirs,

I regret to inform you that two Corlander merchant vessels of the Montoya Estate and their crews are being held ransom in respectively Breshaun and Lavalette by Olean authorities under repeated threats of lethal force.

I can only implore that no Corlander vessel should dock at Olean ports henceforth, to avoid same fate, and hereby officially request the Crown's involvement in the matter.

It is regrettable if such practices by the Oleonese should rekindle the dormant conflict between our empires, and I have every hope and trust that matters will be resolved in good faith.

I have instructed the crews to stay docked until a solution is found, and to give their parole that they shall do nothing to break their captivity until further notice. However, the situation is untenable and one can only regret the loss of cultural and mercantile exchange which has so long moved our empires closer to friendship and forgiveness.

With every hope and confidence that a solution can be found,

Ibn al'Sayeed

Montoya Estate

@Bregir Sterling Blackwood, ex-Captain of Marines and all round adventurer offers his services for any position in the RSND as the Secretary sees fit... security, expedition member... as long as he’s at the forefront of expeditions of discovery!

His full bio can be found here: 

A new project has been innitiated on behalf of Corrigton! read about it here!

On 27.5.2018 at 10:43 AM, Bregir said:

The Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery seeks leadership!

My application is up: