Bregir

Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

5 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

You play both Cooke and Fletcher, so I think the responses would be similar.

An astute observation, sir ;) Fletcher was also the one to order the ship to be detained. ;)

5 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Finally, at this point it's more about trying to get Hume and Cooke fired IC, not millitary action. We're pretty easily distracted, and we kinda just jump at whatever. :pir_tong2:

Then the WTC should try to lobby for that IC.

You can "send" a letter to the "Parliament" in the pm or publicly here on this thread.

As I said, IC Corrington is governed by the parliaments, which OOC is all our players. To that you can add the Queen, who is ultimately controlled by Corlander OOC leadership and the court, but generally, we/she try to follow the interests and opinion of the active Corlanders.

4 hours ago, Bregir said:

although the time between shots was less than impressive

Darn it! I had planned to make a small build as a continuation of yours, ironically just with a focus on reload time :grin: Guess I'll have to change it so it's a consequence of Cooke's assessment.

Tuesday 19 December 617 AE, King's Harbour

Dear Sir,

My deepest apologies for not living up to your standards! I shall drill the men untill their fire is
the swiftest in the Southern Isles. Rest assured, it will not happen again!

I have recieved your orders and will sail with the tide.

Captain Jonathan Cooke, HMS Ironsides, RN                                                 Very Respectful,                      
Colonial Governor of the Southern Isles                                             Lieutenant Lavendwood

On 19.12.2017 at 1:40 PM, Bregir said:

PS. If the WTC persists in making threats against Corlander citizens, officials, shipping, or settlements, or offer to take action against her Majesty's representatives acting on legitimate orders, I shall take measures to disarm all WTC personnel and confiscate all WTC assets in the Southern Isles.  

Further, should the WTC proceed to land troops anywhere on the Southern Isles without express written permission from my hand, it will be considered an aggression against her Majesty and Corrington, and the aggression put down with all necessary means. Additionally, I shall recommend that the WTC is dissolved and outlawed throughout the Brick Seas. This includes, but is not limited to, landing a regiment in or around Mooreton Bay. And I assure you that any Corlander or foreign entity with the WTC's history would be denied landing troops within my area of responsibility.

I will get back to you in the Corrington PM, but two points out here in the open:

1. There are not and there have not been "threats gainst Corlander citizens", especially not against officials, shipping or settlements. You keep making that up. That is an interesting IC take on it, but OOC nonsense.
2. Again, you can not proceed what you have not started, so "proceeding to land troops" is another made up claim. A nice IC overreaction, nothing more. One important question though: how is the WTC supposed to operate and do business if their personnel - of course a significant portion of WTC personell falls under the "armed troops" category, same as for any other trade ship - is forbidden to set foot "anywhere on the Southern Isles"? Please tell me how a TRADE operation is going to do that. The conclusion would be to effectively cease any WTC operations outside of Mesabi Landing. (a misunderstanding on my part cleared up in the following posts) trade on the islands mentioned, namely Cocovia and Alicentia.

A more detailed response at another time and in another place,

Edited by Drunknok
Addition to point 2.

2 hours ago, Drunknok said:

I will get back to you in the Corrington PM, but two points out here in the open:

1. There are not and there have not been "threats gainst Corlander citizens", especially not against officials, shipping or settlements. You keep making that up. That is an interesting IC take on it, but OOC nonsense.
2. Again, you can not proceed what you have not started, so "proceeding to land troops" is another made up claim. A nice IC overreaction, nothing more. One important question though: how is the WTC supposed to operate and do business if their personnel - of course a significant portion of WTC personell falls under the "armed troops" category, same as for any other trade ship - is forbidden to set foot "anywhere on the Southern Isles"? Please tell me how a TRADE operation is going to do that. The conclusion would be to effectively cease any WTC operations outside of Mesabi Landing.

A more detailed response at another time and in another place,

There are a lot more places to trade outside the Southern Isles.  Also, there is foreign trade.  (Looking for some alternatives here)

Just now, SkaForHire said:

There are a lot more places to trade outside the Southern Isles.  Also, there is foreign trade.  (Looking for some alternatives here)

The term "Southern Isles" is undefined as of now, and given the recent overreactions I fear our "royal overlords" would make up something to kick the WTC in the proverbial behind over this.

It also does not solve the issue of government officials effectively prohibiting trade for a trade company without any reasonable justification. Without compensation, I might add.

7 hours ago, Bregir said:

@Mesabi

We will not be filling any positions before it makes sense. The ruling body IC is the Parliament(s) , which OOC is what we discuss and decide in the Corrington PM.

First step in going over Cooke's head would technically be Fletcher. ;)

Or the Minister of the Colonies, which is Woodbrose (Ska).

However, I think the WTC may have to accept that no governmental body will allow you to take military action against the state.

More importantly, as a colony matter, it would go to the minister of the colonies... Admiral Woodbrose.  This would not go to the PM. 

On 7/6/2017 at 4:13 PM, Bregir said:

Ministry of the Colonies

The Corlander colonies have, for administrative and strategic purposes, been grouped in enclaves under a colonial governor. Both military and civilian responsibilities fall under the colonial governors, who report directly to the Minister of the Colonies. They will command Royal Navy and Royal Army assets, and coordinate defense and expeditions, within their region. Additional ressources will be assigned to enclaves on a case to case basis. (I.e. the enclaves have no separate budget)

Mayors and Commanders within the enclaves maintain sovereignty and responsibility over their own settlement, but will report to the governor, who will coordinate military and civilian efforts. Some settlements are not part of an enclave, and functions independently.

The colonies are currently organised as detailed below, and as new islands are added to the crown, they will be added to the current enclaves, a new enclave established, or established as independent settlements. Over time, the organisation will be adjusted as needed.

@Drunknok the term is defined here which is on the first page of this thread.

2 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Again, you can not proceed what you have not started, so "proceeding to land troops" is another made up claim. A nice IC overreaction, nothing more. One important question though: how is the WTC supposed to operate and do business if their personnel - of course a significant portion of WTC personell falls under the "armed troops" category, same as for any other trade ship - is forbidden to set foot "anywhere on the Southern Isles"? Please tell me how a TRADE operation is going to do that. The conclusion would be to effectively cease any WTC operations outside of Mesabi Landing.

There is a big difference between a ship arriving in a settlement with some privately owned armed marines on board and a trade company proposing to land a Regiment of private troops on an island during a trial where members of that same trade company stand accused of piracy. To my understanding the WTC are free to trade anywhere in Corrington, and their understandably armed merchant vessels may land anywhere. But deploying an armed body of formed troops to another settlement is an automatic right reserved only to the crown. 

Just now, Drunknok said:

It also does not solve the issue of government officials effectively prohibiting trade for a trade company without any reasonable justification. Without compensation, I might add.

Let me be very clear. None of my characters are preventing trade. They will however take steps to prevent a potentially hostile non-government military force landing in areas their jurisdiction.

Just now, Drunknok said:

The term "Southern Isles" is undefined as of now

Not true. The southern Isles are clearly defined in the opening pages of the Corrington thread as comprising of the Crown territories of Alicentia and Cocovia:

On 07/07/2017 at 7:13 AM, Bregir said:

Colonial Enclaves

7 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Uh... According to the Flowchart, isn't it the house of representatives, and then you're appointed to the Noble Parliament. Correct me if I'm wrong, that's just the way I saw things.

Other points, 

You play both Cooke and Fletcher, so I think the responses would be similar.

Ska has been MIA for like a year now. I mean he might beetlejuice here, but I don't expect anything more.

Finally, at this point it's more about trying to get Hume and Cooke fired IC, not millitary action. We're pretty easily distracted, and we kinda just jump at whatever. :pir_tong2:

Oh! And I believe this video sums up the WTC and Corrington (Warning, Mild Language)

Beetlejuice doesn't post on the public forum, but he has a private messenger. I am back here.

15 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

There is a big difference between a ship arriving in a settlement with some privately owned armed marines on board and a trade company proposing to land a Regiment of private troops on an island during a trial where members of that same trade company stand accused of piracy. To my understanding the WTC are free to trade anywhere in Corrington, and their understandably armed merchant vessels may land anywhere. But deploying an armed body of formed troops to another settlement is an automatic right reserved only to the crown.

I never made such a claim, you and Bregir did.

Not true. The southern Isles are clearly defined in the opening pages of the Corrington thread as comprising of the Crown territories of Alicentia and Cocovia:

Honest mistake from my side, I am sorry about this. Thanks for clearing this up.

Edited by Drunknok

16 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Thusly, we ask that you allow an armed regiment to land in Mooreton Bay, to disarm the Icarus Returning, release the crew not involved in the alleged acts of Piracy, and with your blessing, return the WTC Icarus Returning to Service. As we have already lost a man in a suspicious incident, we must keep our men armed to insure our safety. And Finally, we remind you that no other Trade Corporation has to ask, or has had to ask to place troops in a settlement.

No you didn't, but Mesabi did.... surely IC you can see why we would never allow this...

Just now, Ayrlego said:

No you didn't, but Mesabi did.... surely IC you can see why we would never allow this...

Please make those distinctions clear in IC and OOC responses. While I and @Mesabi try to play the WTC as coordinated as possible, my responses are mine and his responses are his. The WTC - just like any other entity in this game or real life - is not a homogenouus organisation, and does not speak with only one voice. Just like the same is true for the Crown of Corrington and its represantatives.

I do not mix up Humes responses and Fletchers, and would kindly ask you and @Bregir to keep the same in mind.

Edited by Drunknok

2 minutes ago, SkaForHire said:

Beetlejuice doesn't post on the public forum, but he has a private messenger. I am back here.

While I have your attention....

Dear Admiral Woodbrose, @SkaForHire

I ask that you consider allowing the WTC to relieve and replace Cooke and or Hume as they have both effectively closed a major part of Corrington's trade network to us. If the WTC is not allowed to keep armed troops to guard it's warehouses, tavens, horse sausage factories, pants caves, and libraries, we have a significant problem doing business. As you are the only higher ranking member of the fleet we can reach out to at the moment, we humbly ask that you relieve, reprimand, and/or discipline these two hooligans. 

Sincerely, Agnes Mesabi

OOC: Worth a shot? right? 

To the Countess Mesabi,

Whereas her majesty's government has seen a lasting peace amongst her many followers for years now, it has come to our attention that the WTC has felt erred by her legal representatives at the Mooreton Bay Colony.  We have the utmost confidence that the royal representatives that preside over the trial will be fair and just.   She urges her faithful servants to allow justice to run its course, but also commands that any condemned man be sent to Belson for execution.  She will allow the Grand Court to hear any appeal that is wished. She must remind you that this is a mercy given to her subjects, as this trial should be in the realm of the Admiralty and not performed under civil law.  By allowing a civil trial, it is  her interest that this incident will serve as an example in this burgeoning new world, that Corlander justice is superior to all of the lesser nations who dare challenge our rightful claim to the Eastern Seas.  Know that her justice is merciful, her justice is wise, and her justice may be vengeful.  We implore you, as representatives of the crown, to keep company troops on more important missions, such as the subjugation of our enemies and the discovery of new trading commodities in the Eastern Seas.  As we speak against one another , our enemies watch, let them not be foolish enough to think we are divided.

However, know that our Highest Majesty can be a loving mother as well.   She will see that the WTC ship is reunited with the company, despite what the outcome of the trial is. She also wishes that all of her ports be open to all of her subjects without need of force of distress to enter.

For Queen and Country, I am humbly your servant,

Admiral Woodbrose, rt RN.

Minister of the Colonies

38405452015_d7f32f83c4.jpg

A portrait, oil on canvas 617AE of Her Royal Highness Queen Annetta I of Corrington and Belondia, commissioned by Mayor James Hume for the Courtroom in Mooreton Bay. 

Long Live the Queen!

Edited by Ayrlego

Some exciting news I feel appropriate to share here, I've been away the last couple of days staying with a friend interstate and we started to sort out his childhood Lego collection. Being a proud redcoat I was very excited to be able to put together a very nearly complete 6271 Imperial Flagship which originally belonged to my friends sister. She then generously gifted it to me and now I will proudly display it next to my Caribbean Clipper and Armada Flagship!

24647269817_8a074a4a5f.jpg

She's a beauty, almost a shame I can't use her in the game!

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

She's a beauty,

She's a very elegant lady. Good for you.

5 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

She's a beauty

She sure is. That's always been one of my favorite Lego ships.