Sign in to follow this  
legoMoccer

MOC - nasa spacecraft and missions

Those are great models, however I'm not sure wether they will stand if built with real bricks. Maybe the weight is to much for the ball joints (since gravity also is valid for space models:grin:)

My favourite is the space shuttle because it look's like it's just a small snapshot of something moving.

Edited by Stefaneris
Spelling error

Very nice models! Though I agree with Stefaneris, I don't think the pixel ball joints could support the weight.

It's also good the way all the models are immediately recognisable (well, I had to look up Viking 1 as I've never seen the orbiter for that one), even though some of the proportions are a bit off.  I have a few criticisms of Hubble - the solar panels shouldn't run the length of the body, the main body should be a wider cylinder at the back, and the sunshade should be a bit bigger (if you look at the real one, it completely blocks off the lens cap cylinder, so should be 4 studs wide).

I'd also suggest making the shuttle external tank a bit taller/bigger, it's undersized compared to the orbiter.  Fantastic detailing on the orbiter though - no changes needed there :classic:

yeah agreed i also dont think they will, do you know if there is anything that would support the models and allow for pose-ability? yeah i think viking 1 may be the worst as i had such a hard time finding a way to get the top section the correct shape, its a little small and doesnt have perfect angles but its the best i can do in this scale, thanks for the feedback i will work on fixing it all :) 

for the hubble i will get that fixed first, luckily these are easy fixes, for the solars i will just use a smaller flag piece  

and looking at it now yeah the fuel tank should stick up above the craft it probably needs 2/3 more segments 

This breaks the IDEAS rules anyway. You have multiple properties within one project. NASA missions are individual properties.

they accepted it so it must be ok?

Edit: i checked the website guidelines and it says lego would will not allow projects if they dont meet the guidelines, mine was accepted so i guess they may of changed it?

Edited by legoMoccer

They don't check every project in detail when uploaded.

22 hours ago, NathanR said:

Very nice models! Though I agree with Stefaneris, I don't think the pixel ball joints could support the weight.

It's also good the way all the models are immediately recognisable (well, I had to look up Viking 1 as I've never seen the orbiter for that one), even though some of the proportions are a bit off.  I have a few criticisms of Hubble - the solar panels shouldn't run the length of the body, the main body should be a wider cylinder at the back, and the sunshade should be a bit bigger (if you look at the real one, it completely blocks off the lens cap cylinder, so should be 4 studs wide).

I'd also suggest making the shuttle external tank a bit taller/bigger, it's undersized compared to the orbiter.  Fantastic detailing on the orbiter though - no changes needed there :classic:

Did a little work on the discovery, fuel tank is bigger and the two boosters are smaller, also changed the wings to black and put white tiles over so the black wing line is there - what do you suggest for the Hubble solar? the only other flag style this i can find are far to small 

4633715-columbia.lxf_00000-LCw38mD6CmEzj

17 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Congrats. I like the models but I agree they would likely not hold up in real life. 

yeah i've recently tested the ball joints, they hold in very precises locations but not good enough for everyday use, working on ways to display them with out going crazy with technic stuff

I've been away for a long time but got my stuff sorted out and its back to lego stuff for me, so its been half a year since i checked lego ideas and well last time i checked it was at 600 and now its over 6000, im currently working on updating this project to be a bit more modern. 

Edited by legoMoccer

If you haven't been actively promoting it, you've done very well to get that far. I guess that space is a hot topic and the moment, and it is selling itself.