Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

6281 Pirates Perilous Pitfall - Updated 23 June 05

Oooh! Oooh! I want one... oh wait. Its an ebay auction? I'm sure it will skyrocket out past the price I'm willing to pay... looks like it already has... Oh well.

Steve

Yes, it an eBay auction. Have you checked it out though?

Currently US $79.99 with ZERO bids with 3 days 16 hours remaining out of 7 day auction

or you can Buy It Now for US $99.99

And I disagree that the price is going to sky rocket. Nobody has even bid of this one.

Here's an earlier auction from a US $0.99 starting bid it went off for just US $61.00

So obviously these sets aren't in high demand. However, this may be attributed to lack of awareness they actually exist. I remember it was among the last Pirate sets I'd discovered. If someone doesn't know of LugNet and BrickSet then you probably wouldn't even realise Pirates Perilous Pitfall was ever created. I sure didn't till I discovered those sites about 2 years ago - and I've been using the Internet for 9 years now.

Obviously you're paying more than the earlier auction, but the chances of another one coming along for that price are slim. I'd consider the current price as very reasonable, especially if you live in the US. But that decision is yours obviously...

23 June 2005

Here's a 6281 Pirates Perilous Pitfall to bid on for any lurkers in the land of Oz:

BUY IT NOW: AU $135.00

Time left: 6 days 8 hours

7-day listing, Ends 29-Jun-05 17:27:57 AEST

Start time: 22-Jun-05 17:27:57 AEST

Item location: Warrane, Tasmania

Australia

Posts to: Australia

Postage costs: AU $8.10 - Regular (Within Australia)

Link to eBay Auction

:)