Sign in to follow this  

I believe I've made the fastest LPE powered car ever which beats the previous record by over 5km/h. It's powered by a V2 LPE and 6 bar of air pressure.

Here is a little teaser, I'm still working on the car so nothing you see in the teaser is final.

Cool! Does the strength of the compressor change the speed? It seems that the speed is more related to the compressor than the car itself. 

Setting speed records seems to be all the rage right now.  LPE record?  (reference to your citation).  Not really sure this is a "thing."  I see that your competitor has labeled his videos as  "record" etc.. therefore if your build is faster you rightly could say "fastest" - but using language of "records" and "fastest" implies at least competition or some comparison sample.  Yours is the fastest compared to whom?   A single reference who may not be comparing his stuff against?  I also created a LPE fast car....

but didn't try to label with "record" or "fastest" because not certain this is really an ongoing trend.  I could very well be wrong.... and if so I certainly stand corrected..... but why try and label something as fastest if there aren't at least a good sample of others trying to do the same?  

I would suggest putting some cushioning on the surface you are driving towards, I see this resulting in some bent parts for no good reason. 

13 hours ago, Epic Technic said:

I believe I've made the fastest LPE powered car ever which beats the previous record by over 5km/h. It's powered by a V2 LPE and 6 bar of air pressure.

Here is a little teaser, I'm still working on the car so nothing you see in the teaser is final.

Sadly there is not much to see in the video... but it seems to be fast :D

How did you meassure... can you give us any close up pictures?

4 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Cool! Does the strength of the compressor change the speed? It seems that the speed is more related to the compressor than the car itself. 

Though yes the air pressure plays a big role, you need an engine that can convert that into rotational energy.

3 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Setting speed records seems to be all the rage right now.  LPE record?  (reference to your citation).  Not really sure this is a "thing."  I see that your competitor has labeled his videos as  "record" etc.. therefore if your build is faster you rightly could say "fastest" - but using language of "records" and "fastest" implies at least competition or some comparison sample.  Yours is the fastest compared to whom?   A single reference who may not be comparing his stuff against?  I also created a LPE fast car....

You lost me, my brain cannot compute what you are telling me... :tongue:

4 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

but didn't try to label with "record" or "fastest" because not certain this is really an ongoing trend.  I could very well be wrong.... and if so I certainly stand corrected..... but why try and label something as fastest if there aren't at least a good sample of others trying to do the same?  

These record breakers have been quite popular recently, so I thought I would join them. There is a good sample of someone else doing the same, and they had the fastest pneumatic engine powered car.

3 hours ago, z3_2drive said:

I would suggest putting some cushioning on the surface you are driving towards, I see this resulting in some bent parts for no good reason. 

That might be a smart thing to do...

1 hour ago, TechnicSummse said:

Sadly there is not much to see in the video... but it seems to be fast :D

How did you meassure... can you give us any close up pictures?

To measure the speed, I did simple distance divided by time, over a one meter stretch. Though I do want to try to use GPS to measure the speed, but I fear my garage test track wont be long enough for GPS to be effective. A more detailed explanation and pictures will come soon...

Very interesting idea, I look forward to seeing more!

I wonder what @nicjasno will think of this...

6 hours ago, Epic Technic said:

You lost me, my brain cannot compute what you are telling me... :tongue:

I think he means that the competition for speed records only started because someone said that they had built the fastest.

6 hours ago, Epic Technic said:

Though I do want to try to use GPS to measure the speed, but I fear my garage test track wont be long enough for GPS to be effective.

It should work, I have been able to measure small distances with mine.