Ti-Max

[MOC] Nissan 180sx Drift supercar

Hello!

I'm a big fan of the JDM car culture and i wanted for a long time to build a JDM car with the supercar spirit. I really like the Nissan S platform and especially the 180sx for the fastback, the pop up headlight and the legendary sr20 engine. I decided to build it fully tuned for drift since the real car is often used for that purpose. That means vibrant mismatched color for the body works (due to frequent meeting with a wall), after market bumpers and wing, low to the ground, large steering angle and roll cage.

34928197693_fd29ba6323_c.jpg180sx overall by Maxime Santerre, sur Flickr

35737757065_cf94cca1a0_c.jpg180sx roll cage by Maxime Santerre, sur Flickr

35350001720_0ba1f786aa_c.jpg180sx rear by Maxime Santerre, sur Flickr

The features are :

-4 wheel independent suspension (macpherson in the front and 4 links in the back)

-Rear wheel drive

-Front wheel steering with horking steering wheel

-5+R manual gearbox (inspired by @Thirdwigg's  ATS  for the offset changeover catches)

-4 cylinders engine with fake double overhead cam

-Pop up headlight with dash control

-opening hood, doors and hatchback

Here some pictures, you can find more following the flickr links:

35569028542_ee80cc4a60_c.jpg180sx shell front by Maxime Santerre, sur Flickr

34928602373_784fa27435_c.jpgsr20det out of the car by Maxime Santerre, sur Flickr

34928102463_fa44845906_c.jpg180SX underside by Maxime Santerre, sur Flickr

Im now in the phase of trying to clean up the build and finding a place to pass the HOG in that mess.

Can you maybe do some instructions?It looks very good but I wouldn't ever be able to build something like this due to lack of skills :/

Hi! 

I am a fan of JDM cars too and your model is excellent! I like the unique way you used the mudguards on the back! Some critique: the panels to the side of the headlights do not look the best the way they are placed. Good car!

Nice moc! I can feel the kid in me wanting to push drift it across the floor.

Thanks guys!

I didn't like the front panels and i have finally found how to change it. I have moved the panels in the rear to cover the hole on top of the rear bumper.

35811509781_af9b95fc80_c.jpgnew frond light opened by Maxime Santerre, sur Flickr

35902864016_28208705a7_c.jpgnew front light closed by Maxime Santerre, sur Flickr

35103858814_97012c5061_c.jpgRear panel by Maxime Santerre, sur Flickr

I have also managed to route the hog by adding a second gear rack and passing the axle under the gearbox with 2 CV joints. Sadly that meant i had to remove the front anti-sway bar.

35103836314_daea398fc4_c.jpgnew Hog by Maxime Santerre, sur Flickr

This is amazing ,absolutely love it :thumbup: Great use of the old panels

Amazing car! replace the red and white with black, and you've got tay-tay the drift car from might car mods (ausi youtube show mostly about JDM cars)

Well actually TayTay was the inspiration for the build! So it's normal to have a resemblance. I don't have the required green panels to do a proper color representation so i went with the class color scheme. I may try replacing the red with black and the spoiler in yellow to see how it looks.

Sadly i don't, there is a lot of subtle angle that would make it nearly impossible to reproduce in LDD.

4 hours ago, Ti-Max said:

Sadly i don't, there is a lot of subtle angle that would make it nearly impossible to reproduce in LDD.

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

If the collision is an issue, you could also give it a try in Stud.io. You can disable collisions and alligning piece is also much easier. I know CAD building is very time consuming and alligning all the little pieces is really difficult, I'm just giving you an easier option if you do have interest :wink: 

Mecabricks works as well!

I would love to see this on my table!